Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: RNG Ammo

Yeah. There should be a better crossbow selection as well. There's always Moros Crossbow, but something better wouldn't hurt either.

I'm a pretty recent ranger, anyway. I was looking into using that crossbow because I had already leveled marksmanship on a different job, but was adviced pretty strongly against it, and ended up spending a day skilling archery to 300+.
    (2)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    the biggest issue? ok, I know ranger is already a walking hate magnet if you play it only half-way competently, full bore and well, it was nice knowing you. That said, our damage numbers were majorly nerfed long ago, and we never really got them back. Put it this way, originally rng was a distance DD with damage that equalled a top flight blm, albeit without the ability to meaningfully target elemental weaknesses and at the cost of MB damage. So much so that rangers were interchangeable with BLM when building conventional parties. That was scaled WAY back, but our squshiness wasn't-in terms of our LACK of ability to take a hit we're still on par with blm. Worse, we weren't given anything to balance the loss of DD. Now in terms of basic internal balancing jobs have generally been designed such that the greater the ability to deal damage while not in harms way, the lower the ability to take a hit. that's the problem with ranger, there's nothing on the left of the = sign there. Our def and the like suck as much as they always did, but our damage simply doesn't justify it.
    Full bore blm back in the day was crap. It only looked like it was amazing damage because the DD didn't have the gear, food, didn't bother to parse or math out the damage done, and skillups were hard to get plus brds were exceedingly rare. Fast forward to when people had decent gear, food, skillups done,etc finally and your vaunted full bore blm was quickly realized to be garbage and banished to Mount Z.
    SE has been slowly reversing the original nerf for years to the point where rng is actually stronger than it was pre nerf days outside of being able to melee for tp barring Kclub users. The problem is that DD have been getting better all this time to the point where they can uncap haste.

What you really need is a way to do ranged autoattacks and for the various buff jobs to increase snapshot so that rng can have similar buff levels to current melee. Making stuff like omphalos bullet stackable so that we can at least have our backups ready would probably help alleviate the rage incitement SE is doing with their current stances too.
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Although the idea on paper for auto attack seems good, I think they need to address the enmity. I have always felt that enmity was broken on ranged attack. I have seen many times where I won't attack a mob, but have left over tp and join in half way through the fight and ws and get hate. Yet, a sam has been hitting hitting hitting then do a 1.5k ws, I come in do a 1.7k ws and get hate. It just doesn't add up. Yet sam's equip had +enmity and I had over -25 enmity.

So when I am on ranger I always have to stop shooting to not pull hate, I hardly ever use barrage unless I am going for kill shots and double shot sits there because of the enmity issue.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Although the idea on paper for auto attack seems good, I think they need to address the enmity. I have always felt that enmity was broken on ranged attack. I have seen many times where I won't attack a mob, but have left over tp and join in half way through the fight and ws and get hate. Yet, a sam has been hitting hitting hitting then do a 1.5k ws, I come in do a 1.7k ws and get hate. It just doesn't add up. Yet sam's equip had +enmity and I had over -25 enmity.

So when I am on ranger I always have to stop shooting to not pull hate, I hardly ever use barrage unless I am going for kill shots and double shot sits there because of the enmity issue.
    If your enmity is capped, mob will come for you after you WS regardless. Technically if your melee is on the NM full time, ranged job shouldn't pull hate unless your melee is gimp, or your enmity is capped already.
    (0)

Hello!

Producer Matsui has been carefully looking into ways to address players’ concerns about ammo costs, and is planning on the below changes:
    • Recycle job trait
      • Instead of acquiring this trait via merit points, it will be learned naturally through leveling. The strength of the effect will increase in tiers depending on your level.
      • Adding merit points to the Recycle category will enhance the activation rate.

While there were other suggestions given as feedback, the development team feels that increasing the effect of Recycle holds the most benefit. They are still in the midst of discussing what would be a good amount to enhance it, but as a starting point they have currently mentioned a rate of 90% with the job trait, merit points, and equipment. Please note that they are not planning any kind of damage decrease to go along with these changes.

We will be sure to keep you posted on any additional information we hear!
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Camate, there is a bit of confusion going on at the other forums atm.

Is this only for RNG? or will COR be receiving some love as well?

COR obviously doesn't need it as much as RNG, however it would be nice to know if both jobs are in the deal or if it's just RNG.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kalilla; 11-08-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    90% recycle rate (@_@)
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Camate, there is a bit of confusion going on at the other forums atm.

Is this only for RNG? or will COR be receiving some love as well?

COR obviously doesn't need it as much as RNG, however it would be nice to know if both jobs are in the deal or if it's just RNG.
    From the looks of things this is a ranger specific change; however, I will double check with the development team to be certain.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Thank you Camate
    (1)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    90% breaks out my rng gear for a party.....
    (0)

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast