Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: RNG Ammo

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    RNG is very weak compared to other options. The job itself is broken due to its damage capabilities.

MNK goes nuts.
    MNK pulls hate.
    MNK keeps going nuts.
    MNK doesnt care.
    MNK kills mob.
    MNK smiles

RNG gets in sweetspot
    RNG goes nuts
    RNG pulls hate
    RNG is no longer in sweetspot
    RNG makes the other DDs chase the mob
    RNG is shouted at
    RNG cries
    RNG changes job to DD BRD or something better.

RNG needs to have -enmity traits that increase with level.
    RNG needs to have low enmity shots from behind a mob permanently with no ability use.
    RNG needs to have hate loss abilities which can be used frequently.

Until these issues are addressed rng is just a broken and more or less useless job unless you want blue proc during piercing time.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Broken how?
    Because snapshot is a piss-poor replacement for haste. And the only way to do decent damage is Jishnu's Radiance.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to making new ammo, and making ammo more readily available in general, the development team is still looking into a variety of things, so please wait a bit more.

Currently the main reason high level ammo is not being circulated is due to the difficulty of obtaining the materials. We will be making adjustments in the upcoming version update so that these material items will be more prevalent and as a result the circulation of ammo should increase and prices should go down.
    The real problem isn't materials it's the synergy requirement combined with RNG being a dead job. If ammo is made to be cheaper high level crafters will be even less likely to want to make it because not only will it sell slowly there will also be less profit to be had.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    The real problem isn't materials it's the synergy requirement combined with RNG being a dead job. If ammo is made to be cheaper high level crafters will be even less likely to want to make it because not only will it sell slowly there will also be less profit to be had.
    You can have the same amount of profit with cheaper material cost. Doesn't seem likely to end up that way, but it is possible.
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Ok, so I've been thinking of ways to solve RNG's issues with emnity. The things I've come up with are asking s lot of the dev team, but it would put RNG back on the map. We do pay for the damage we do each shot, so why shouldnt we be an awesome form of damage?!

Things that would work:

- Eliminate distance modifiers, and let RNG be what it was when it was created, instead of trying to mold it into some sort of complex damagedealer that is more of a neusance than it is worth. Yeah kraken club rng would be insane, but for 40m, or a .5% chance of getting one from "Up In Arms", its not like it would be every RNG in the game...DRK with kraken club is still better for dmg for the most part

- Have a 30 second ability that allows emnity gain from a weaponskill to have a delay of about 5 seconds, so you could run to the sweet spot, hit the ability, weaponskill, and run back in to normal melee range without dragging the monster all over the place.

- Add an ability or a special ammunition that is used on a party member that works basically like a reverse callobrator and dumps a portion of your emnity on the tank until you have time to get behind them and use rng trick attack dealio.

- Lastly is a bit extreme, but the only thing left would be a super special ability that allowed RNG to use an ability called "The Orb of Confusion", which converted 10,000 of your accumulated experience points into a single merit point for use on another job, so you could just level-down and make really good use of all thise hard earned experience points on jobs that worked correctly.

Sorry for the harshness on that last one, i was initally going to name it something else that would have been bad-news-bears, but the sponge bob referrence seemed pretty awesome, so i went with that. .
    (0)

They should make it so attacks don't cause Shadowbind to wear off. Tht would really fix the distance problem. Wouldn't be too broken either because even though you could go nuts for 45 seconds without the mob wailing on you, it'd still come for you afterwards and try to eatface.
    (1)

Character
    Glecent
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I don't entirely understand the ammo issue. Maybe it's just Quetz but I don't ever have issues getting Antlion Arrows from the AH. I see a problem getting Ruszor Arrows but that's because the materials are near impossible to get.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glecent View Post
    I don't entirely understand the ammo issue. Maybe it's just Quetz but I don't ever have issues getting Antlion Arrows from the AH. I see a problem getting Ruszor Arrows but that's because the materials are near impossible to get.
    This. Levi has a fairly healthy Ammo market, Antlions aren't hard to get at all (last time i checked, 90-100k per stack of antlion quivers), Ruzsors are though.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glecent View Post
    Then you do, in fact, understand the ammo issue.
    (0)

LOGIC.

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Reasonable solutions

There are crafters, the problem's in the materials. I've given it a little bit of thought, and come up with a couple ideas as to how SE could throw us a bone without doing much at all.

Ruszor Arrows...Ruszors are annoying, and there's little reason to fight them, aside from their fangs. But what if we gave people another reason to fight them, like involving them in magian trials for a popular weapon path or two, and make the drop rate a little better on their fangs. It'd have to be a trial that people are going to do, regardless of challenge, like the cure potency staff, or an empyrean weapon upgrade trial. Tbh, I'd kinda like this *not* be a Blm-related trial, since Blms (esp. the quality ones that do magian staves) are notorious for having inventory nightmares, and since Ruszor Fangs don't stack, you could see them quickly going to waste.

Option two is Voidwatch. You get a lot of crap drops in Voidwatch because they feel the need for "everyone participating to get something, even if that something is crappy." But what if we added the materials used to make modern RNG ammo to the pool for that crap, and made it fairly prevalent? You'd have people doing Voidwatch putting materials into circulation, etc, etc, ammo appears on the AH.

Voidwatch, in turn, being HARD content as opposed to kiddie-land abyssea, gives RNG the opportunity to do its job again, and should hopefully see some revived interest in the job. Ranger shines better against high defense, non-zergable mobs, being less reliant on buffs and haste (which ranger doesn't need, we are NOT a melee) to do steady, consistent damage from outside of AoE range. There's more to strategy than who can do the most damage to a wild rabbit. Could you zerg down Voidwatch NMs? Maybe. But why would you want to, you're not going to get drops that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.
    We are planning on implementing this.
    They mentioned in the nin post about add non-synergy recipes for the master ninjutsu tools, would it be unreasonable to do this for ammo as well? I understand the idea of rewarding people for using synergy, so tone the yields back to normal ammo 33/66/99 yield model. As-is, the synergy recipe for Ruszor arrows is actually pretty stupid efficient. 1 Ruszor Fang = 6~36 stacks of arrows, depending on HQs.

Dark Adaman Bullets / Bolts & Oberon's Bullets - These use crafting materials already fairly common in the game. Just add the option to synth them without synergy at a less efficient ratio, and it should work itself out.

That's my two gil on the matter. Now back to more important matters, like when we're getting our passive enmity reduction trait based on position or info on the recast / effectiveness of Decoy shot.
    (1)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast