Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: RNG Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    gah! be careful with such information! suggest vision bow, not siege! lol, we are lvl 90.. siege should be tossed on sight!
    Yeah, Kur is easily soloable on DNC. I imagine THF or NIN wouldn't have much trouble either. Regardless, a duo would destroy it too.
    (0)

In regards to making new ammo, and making ammo more readily available in general, the development team is still looking into a variety of things, so please wait a bit more.

Currently the main reason high level ammo is not being circulated is due to the difficulty of obtaining the materials. We will be making adjustments in the upcoming version update so that these material items will be more prevalent and as a result the circulation of ammo should increase and prices should go down.
    (18)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Awesome work Camate!

P.S. Tell the Dev team I love the new Trick Attack ability for RNG. Mind telling us the duration and recast? *winkwink*
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to making new ammo, and making ammo more readily available in general, the development team is still looking into a variety of things, so please wait a bit more.

Currently the main reason high level ammo is not being circulated is due to the difficulty of obtaining the materials. We will be making adjustments in the upcoming version update so that these material items will be more prevalent and as a result the circulation of ammo should increase and prices should go down.
    It would also help if there was interest in the job itself. Right now RNG and ranged attacks are so broken I'm not sure a new JA and more prevalent materials will do anything.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

I think the main deterrent is directly related to the requirment of a chain of high level crafters to ensure a higher HQ rate, so its actually worth the time you put into farming. Currently, antlion arrows are my choice at this time, and to make a decent stash of them, i first have to farm antlion jaws, because there is no other usable reason to farm them anymore other than for antlion arrows, then i have to hope theres bone chips on the AH, or go kill sleletons... THEN i have to hope someone with 85+ bonecraft is still playing and actually online. The wood is taken care of by a simple trip to sandoria, and the fletchings, again, no realistic use for colibri feathers anymore, so i farm those, and use my clothcraft to make those. Thankfully i capped synergy as well, but to be able to hq them, i have to find/beg/pay a high level wood worker to sit in my party while i synergize arrows, bc my 60-woodworking is too low to hq at a high rate.

Producing arrows is a daunting task that requires too many high level crafts to be able to keep costs down. High level crafters spent millions upon millions of gil getting their craft up, and selling quickly depleting items such as ammo / silent oils etc is their reliable source of hopefully come out on top and actually pulling a profit. There needs to be a balance where the hq rate is either raised, or the nq result is raised so you get more for the trouble, or have the items needed to make arrowheads produce more arrowheads per synth.

Relying on and waiting for certain crafters shouldnt be a NECESSITY for any job to function, and since ranger is my passion and my main since july 2004, and gandiva is my bow, ive seen my share of 100-300 gil per shot arrows fly away from me, and having gandiva with a 5-hit build means: just under 40% of the arrows i go through are just from jishnu's radiance, and boy do they go fast.
    (5)
    Last edited by Washburn; 08-20-2011 at 07:13 AM.

agreed. the materials are not particularly hard to get... the RAW materials. Take a thief for an hour and you can have sufficient materials to make several full stacks of quivers of antlion and/or ruszor arrows (until I started leveling ranger I just NPC'd and/or dumped them). Now bolts and bullets? whole 'nother story. But seriously, all this end-game ammo requires crafters about 90 just to hit the skill cap, so HQ is gonna be few and far between. Couple that with it requiring a high level synergist too? Then add in that the only person really benefiting from their time is me (to the short-sighted, the long-sighted realize that with lvl-appropriate ammo ranger is back in viable DD mode [if the proposed changes in fact work as advertised]).
    (1)

Player
    I'm not sure this will help with the stuff Ranger uses, since the materials are already obtainable from killing monsters, but it will definitely help Corsair out. Good to hear they're taking the issue seriously enough to work on it, if nothing else.
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quick question. The newer ammo, according to wiki it sounds like it is synergy only. Can you make with normal woodworking?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Quick question. The newer ammo, according to wiki it sounds like it is synergy only. Can you make with normal woodworking?
    if you can I've never found a recipie for it... and I've looked.
    (1)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Right now RNG and ranged attacks are so broken I'm not sure a new JA and more prevalent materials will do anything.
    Broken how?

I have two rangers in my LS, one was thrilled at the last version update - another never uses his RNG because "it's boring".
    (1)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast