Thread: RNG Ammo

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    They need to just add a npc that sells all ammo types at a cheap price. It's really sad when having the most current ammo makes a player seem like a elite RNG.
    I think it would be better just to sell the materials at a reasonable price. That way it empowers the crafters (at the expense of the farmers though)
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    The only issue with that is players need multiple high lvl crafts to even make them which is one if the main reasons no one is really making the ammo.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    The only issue with that is players need multiple high lvl crafts to even make them which is one if the main reasons no one is really making the ammo.
    True, but if an NPC sold them for cheap then there would definitely be no reason to ever craft them.

Fix the recipe and make the ingredients available from NPCs (maybe limited, like from guild stores)
    (0)

Character
    Zenpachi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    its not hard or expensive to level up crafts anymore, i made emp bow a few months back and once i found out how arrows hungry it was i started to level WW, took me about 1 month to get it from 1-90 and that was crafting maybe 3hrs a day, and i only spent 1.5m to do it
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Oh nice. If synergy is also around that much then I can see why just adding the materials would be good. But I still like the idea of also just being able to buy the ammo I need since the price won't change like it can with players.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    True, but if an NPC sold them for cheap then there would definitely be no reason to ever craft them.
    No one crafts them anyway so who cares?
    (1)

No one plays RNG because it costs gil, is finicky to play with all the distance restrictions and despite those two annoyances, it only does decent not exceptional damage. Because no one plays the job, no one buys the ammo. Because no one buys the ammo, no one makes the ammo. Because no one makes the ammo, no one farms the mats.

I think, at this point, RNG is so stigmatized that even fixing the job to be the uber DD it was meant to be, will not change the situation. SE should just accept that fact and make ammo available from an NPC just like QD cards. No one crafts those and it hasn't ruined crafting.
    (2)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The newer ammo is expensive because people are dumb.

Antlion arrows... 20k per stack or 200k per 12 quivers

Using the above, ill break it down for you:

- arrowheads are made by 85+ bone using 1 antlion jaw (easily farmed in attowah or abyssea attowah) and arent really put up on the ah bc they sell for 2k, then you need bone chips and wind crystals. Pretty cheap synth so far

- arrowwood lumber... Buy them for like 500gil/stack from the woodworkers guild in north sandy

- colobri fletchings... Can buy the feathers or just go stand near a colobri party in abyssea for 5 minutes and mooch their drops, the synth is like level 55 cloth, and uses 2 colobri feathers and a wind crystal,

With that being laid out, you can have a level 85+ wood worker sit in your party and lv 45+ synergist craft them. Nq synth is 1 full stack everytime with no lost materials, only fewell. The hq2 is 2 stacks and hq3 is 3 stacks, and they hq pretty often. I can literally make 12 quivers, mats and all for less than 30k... fewell included.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    The newer ammo is expensive because people are dumb.
    Or smart. Take your pick.

With that being laid out, you can have a level 85+ wood worker sit in your party and lv 45+ synergist craft them. Nq synth is 1 full stack everytime with no lost materials, only fewell. The hq2 is 2 stacks and hq3 is 3 stacks, and they hq pretty often. I can literally make 12 quivers, mats and all for less than 30k... fewell included.
    You also have to have a bonecrafter in the party in addition to the woodworker (or the woodworker has to have bonecraft sub levelled). They both have to be online at the same time. And unless you have woodworker/bonecrafter friends, then those guys are going to want some form of compensation.

If it were just that easy then more people would be doing it. Lots of people I talk to think that synergy is too big a hassle to deal with, so they don't even bother.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well, im bone sub and 80 synergy, so for me, the bonecrafter is only needed to make the heads, then from there i usually pay a wood worker to go eat dinner for a half hour while i make 3-4 stacks of quivers... Which helps if you do this in the nation that has the lead so you dont have to travel to quiver then go back to craft.
    But yes, i suppose the crafters would be dubbed smart, but if ammo were cheaper, more people would be less intimidated by ranger and arrow sales would shoot up, no pun intended.

The real reason the synergized ammo is still so high is because most people don't know about the update that tripled the HQ results from making 33/66/99, to 99/198/297.
    (0)
    Last edited by Washburn; 08-05-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast