Thread: RNG Ammo

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Onimeonokyo View Post
    Need a headband that gives you infinite ammo.
    SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    First make all ammo that is synergy only be able to be made with synthesis. That was a very bone head move to restrict it in the first place and screw all the rangers that leveled crafts to make their own ammo.
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think increasing synthesis yield is a good start, but also another option that could be nice would be to place a Less efficient crafting npc(s) somewhere(s). Im thinking if you can provide say... An ingot(Or lumber) and the appropriate other materials, they exchange it for half the number of a normal quality synth of X ammo. Like if turning in the materials to normally make 99 adaman bullets, instead the npc takes them and exchanges them for 50 of said bullets. Im not sure this is the best option, just brainstorming.
    (1)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pst... Hey... And how about all that Rare/Ex Ammo? Aeolus Arrow, Vertex Arrow, Hightail Bullet, Heavy Shell, and Omphalos Bullet? Can you guys do the same thing you did with Temple Knights Arrow, Iron Musketeer Arrow, and Combat Caster Arrow?
    (6)

Great news that finally something is being done. I could suggest a billion ways to make it better. Lowered crafting requirements, easier access to ingots, npc vendors for supplies or ammo, new ammo that uses easily available ingredients, adding recycle as a level 30 job trait that increases in potency with higher levels for both RNG and COR, increase recycle potency on gear, make WS not expend ammo.

Well I guess that's not a billion, but it's still a goodly number of ideas. Anyone would make me happier.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Pst... Hey... And how about all that Rare/Ex Ammo? Aeolus Arrow, Vertex Arrow, Hightail Bullet, Heavy Shell, and Omphalos Bullet? Can you guys do the same thing you did with Temple Knights Arrow, Iron Musketeer Arrow, and Combat Caster Arrow?
    Unfortunately, they said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

I have some feedback to share in regards to some of the suggestions in this thread for changing the functionality of Omphalos bullet.

While we understand that players are concerned about accidentally misfiring this item, unfortunately it is not possible to make so that it cannot be fired, such as certain throwing weapons that cannot be used, as it would also render it impossible to use Quick Draw with it.

The main reason why the Patriarch Protector’s arrow and Iron Musketeer's bolt was converted to the Combat Caster’s quiver/Iron Musketeer's quiver, which could be used to dispense ammo once every 168 hours, was to improve the situation where conquest points could not be spent on other items due to the need to replenish ammunition. As you may recall, it was quite difficult to earn conquest points at the time we introduced these quivers.

We understand that obtaining an Omphalos bullet is certainly not easy, but the high stats were set based on that factor and our stance is for players to take caution when changing out ammo, so we do not have plans of changing this.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...aw-only-bullet
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Fellow rangers,

I have some great news! The lead developer is proceeding to analyze the cost for ammo made via synthesis and synergy, as well as considering ways for rangers to be more conservative through job abilities.

We definitely appreciate the feedback provided so far in this and the Producer Matsui suggestion thread; they will be take into consideration. However, if you have any left over concrete feedback you would like to provide or if there is a really great suggestion that you feel must be implemented, please let us know!
    the biggest issue? ok, I know ranger is already a walking hate magnet if you play it only half-way competently, full bore and well, it was nice knowing you. That said, our damage numbers were majorly nerfed long ago, and we never really got them back. Put it this way, originally rng was a distance DD with damage that equalled a top flight blm, albeit without the ability to meaningfully target elemental weaknesses and at the cost of MB damage. So much so that rangers were interchangeable with BLM when building conventional parties. That was scaled WAY back, but our squshiness wasn't-in terms of our LACK of ability to take a hit we're still on par with blm. Worse, we weren't given anything to balance the loss of DD. Now in terms of basic internal balancing jobs have generally been designed such that the greater the ability to deal damage while not in harms way, the lower the ability to take a hit. that's the problem with ranger, there's nothing on the left of the = sign there. Our def and the like suck as much as they always did, but our damage simply doesn't justify it.

I'm not asking for our defensive abilities to be increased, please don't think in any way that I even want that discussion to happen. I want our DD back. Distance DD is no longer part of strategy building because it is no longer part of the game, at least in a viable way. On that subject, I think a few BLM would like to hop on this bandwagon, too. We want the ability to do our big numbers again. If that means you have to allow the traditional tanks to "stand up, grow a pair and put their big boy panties on" so be it; seems to me the tanks have been asking for just that anyway. We need the DD numbers to get back to their former glory, AND to scale into end-game proportionally. When a straight DD 2-hour like EES is easily outdone by a mediocre roll on a mid level weapon skill-or even just a regular crit hit for that matter-something is not just slightly warpped but in fact totally bent out of shape in the basic design of the job.

You are so fond of the term balance, so I'm asking, where is it in any of the above?
    (2)

Player
    heh basically they need to first and foremost fix enmity for a level 99 environment, then give the proper tank classes newer abilities that actually compliment the enmity system overhaul and allow for tanking to be practical.

when given a full compliment of buffs rng doesn't slack as much as you would think, but there is a lack of snapshot gear, the only buff that adds snapshot is a roll, which is probably better spent towards chaos/tacticians. that and we have no real way of pulling through if we take too much hate too soon save dying. (though decoy shot is pretty awesome)
    (0)

I think there should be cheap mid-tier ammo available from NPCs, and then let crafters make the very best stuff. Let rangers and corsair just buy cheap and "all right" ammo for use in exp parties and lower difficulty NMs, and then they (or we, when i eventually get rng99) could spend extra money on the best ammo when it really mattered, such as on tough NMs and events where only maximum efficiency is good enough.

NPC ammo could for the most part have no stat boosts, just a dmg rating, and that dmg rating could be slightly lower than the "equivalent" crafted ammo. Additionally, you could add NPC ammo that had the same DMG as the best crafted ammo, but had stat penalties that made them unfeasible for use in the real hard endgame activities. For example, a lv99 rng with capped skill and accuracy bonus traits isn't going to get below 95% hit rate on DC enemies even if they equip ammo that has -10-20 ranged accuracy, but you would probably not want to use this kind of ammo in the events that actually matter. In these events, we would pull out our high-end, 100k-a-stack ammo that we could only get from crafters.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    heh basically they need to first and foremost fix enmity for a level 99 environment, then give the proper tank classes newer abilities that actually compliment the enmity system overhaul and allow for tanking to be practical.

when given a full compliment of buffs rng doesn't slack as much as you would think, but there is a lack of snapshot gear, the only buff that adds snapshot is a roll, which is probably better spent towards chaos/tacticians. that and we have no real way of pulling through if we take too much hate too soon save dying. (though decoy shot is pretty awesome)
    the full slat of buffs? that could be said about almost any job. my point is our base numbers; you can address most things in this game with a combo of buffs, gear, food, meds, picking a prey weak to your damage type and possibly atma effects depending on zone. But a discussion of job shortcomings should start with a solo, base gearred job with no buffs, otherwise you can't address a core issue, like EES being effectively nothing.

so, on that note, I loved playing with Xbows, using my elemental bolts and the like, coupled with actually being able to shoot at high speeds. Why isn't there a decent end-game Xbow? and don't say the mythic rocks, I know it looks sweet but the entire mythic system is stupid hard to complete, regardless of weapons, and the numbers that exist totally bear that out. Until they bring the difficulty down to something REASONABLE mythic simply isn't a viable path to take. And for the DPS junkies who insist you take gun, you are simply wrong. An Xbow that would scale into end-game levels would allow you to take almost 3 shots to every 1 with a gun, so while you would need to connect 5 times for every 2 gun connects, the damage from those 5 are about a wash-but with the added bonus of the stat or elemental effect on MOST bolts which-properly exploited-can even make them more efficient. Not to mention bloody bolts can keep you alive, can't say that about much in the gun world.
    (1)

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast