Thread: RNG Ammo

Character
    Hohenheim
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The secret is to use crossbows, adaman bolts make out like a bandit ;D

SE could do with changing how the adaman bullet synth works too. IIrc, it's one ingot that makes 99-297 bullets, perhaps they should change it to be more similar to arrow and bolts synths, where you have the additional median of arrow/bolt heads. That would help increase the supply without even needing to increase the stock of craftable items; make adaman gunshells or somethingl 1ingot -> 6gunshells, 1 gunshell ->99-297 bullets. (even though it defies logic, but then 1 bolt head to make 99-297 bolts does too ^^)
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenheim View Post
    The secret is to use crossbows, adaman bolts make out like a bandit ;D

SE could do with changing how the adaman bullet synth works too. IIrc, it's one ingot that makes 99-297 bullets, perhaps they should change it to be more similar to arrow and bolts synths, where you have the additional median of arrow/bolt heads. That would help increase the supply without even needing to increase the stock of craftable items; make adaman gunshells or somethingl 1ingot -> 6gunshells, 1 gunshell ->99-297 bullets. (even though it defies logic, but then 1 bolt head to make 99-297 bolts does too ^^)
    There are oodles of solutions to the problem. Increase supply of ingots. Increase output per mats used. If supply massively outstrips demand then prices will fall. I recall SE promising some help when we were complaining about Oberon's and Dweomer bullets. They've done nothing but made it more expensive to play the job.

I'm just hoping if threads like this keep going the Devs will feel obligated to act.

RNG and COR are my favorite and best geared jobs but it burns me to play them when a run of VWNM costs me more in ammo than I get from loot and cruor.
    (4)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Player
    Posted under the new director thread, like it if my idea is sound otherwise tell me where my logic is flawed.
    (0)

Fellow rangers,

I have some great news! The lead developer is proceeding to analyze the cost for ammo made via synthesis and synergy, as well as considering ways for rangers to be more conservative through job abilities.

We definitely appreciate the feedback provided so far in this and the Producer Matsui suggestion thread; they will be take into consideration. However, if you have any left over concrete feedback you would like to provide or if there is a really great suggestion that you feel must be implemented, please let us know!
    (35)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Fellow rangers,

I have some great news! The lead developer is proceeding to analyze the cost for ammo made via synthesis and synergy, as well as considering ways for rangers to be more conservative through job abilities.

We definitely appreciate the feedback provided so far in this and the Producer Matsui suggestion thread; they will be take into consideration. However, if you have any left over concrete feedback you would like to provide or if there is a really great suggestion that you feel must be implemented, please let us know!
    Awesome, thanks guys. It would feel kind of weird to have to use a JA to conserve ammo unless there are other benefits to using the JA. I think tacking recycle onto velocity shot, or simply making it a native RNG trait, would be a great. If you have a super cool JA ability in mind then disregard!
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Simply by altering the ways you can make ammunition would be a great help - or have vendor that sells the materials at reasonable price, or buy direct ammo from them. The goal is to make the job accessible and not restricted by gils and materials.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It really doesn't seem like a difficult problem to fix; just increase synergy yield and put firesand at a low price on an NPC vendor.

They HAVE made good on their promise to increase the flow of ingots, but they way in which they've done it (random "bust" rewards from events that give crafting materials and Abyssea gold boxes) has made this increase in supply so erratic that the people getting them are encouraged to vend them all and the RNGs/CORs don't get to see any benefit.
    (5)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-12-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Player
    Or the general recipe concept revamped, arrow/bolt heads (base material + base material yeilds 6-12) shaft (relatively cheap) + fletchings (2x wings/feathers yeilds 6-12 relatively cheap) yields 33-99 (or 99-297 for higher tier synergy recipes)

Bullets Ingot (base material) + fire sand (relatively cheap) yields 33-99 (99-297)

So in the case of adaman bullets beyond the fact that they are needed for high level smithing there is also a yield inequality or imbalance, generally with bolt/arrow heads they use 1/2 expensive/rare base materials but an intermediate syth stretches them out to 6 more syths as opposed to the 1 syth you get from bullets.

So to put that into perspective arrows can be produced at a 6:1 ratio by comparison using the recipes alone, now this doesnt even take into consideration that adaman ingots are already more expensive then most arrow/bolt recipe components (well even if you are talking about adaman bolts still 6:1)

My solution introduce shell casing's (shaft type intermediate and generic go between for all bullet recopies = arrow wood, perhaps add an alternate type cannon shell for use with a neo culverin type weapon and syth able cannon shells!) add an intermediate bullet/slug syth that stretches ingots out for bullet syths, could have a lower overall yield to keep bullets more expensive (nq yields 3 vice 6 or recipe requires 2 ingots but still yields 6)

Also considering that adaman is in high demand for crafters as well perhaps ontop of this add more sources of adaman.
    ive posted this before a few times but since you are asking for specific input reiterating for consideration.
    (1)

Please allow all forms of ammo (bullets and arrows) to be bundled! still a number of arrows in particular that cant be bundled ):
    (9)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Onimenokyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Need a headband that gives you infinite ammo.
    (5)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast