Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    After checking with the development team on the possibility of making adjustments so that you can set your home point in your Mog House manually, they replied that due to the fact that this is tied to a very early system in the game, it would be quite difficult to implement.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

not an issue anyway since you can set it litterally 1 step outside the MH just by changing job. Thanks for the response tho'.
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally, I would prefer to see an option in the menus or something that removes the "Do you want to set your Home Point" prompt upon leaving your Mog House after a Job Change. It's too easy to accidentally set your Home Point to an undesired location as it is.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I am thankful for having a response from a community representative on this issue. Thank you for your time. I would implore you however to consider adjustments to the system. Perhaps an option to turn off the HP notification upon exiting the MH after changing jobs, similar to the option of turning off your "New Adventurer" status (which is automatically removed after a certain period and level is attained, IIRC).
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    After checking with the development team on the possibility of making adjustments so that you can set your home point in your Mog House manually, they replied that due to the fact that this is tied to a very early system in the game, it would be quite difficult to implement.
    Thank you for the response, but could you please ask the devs just why it is that its being tied to a very early system in the game makes it so difficult to implement?

Is it because of the way code was layered, or because it's tied into many other systems, or...?
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Lemme see if I can answer this correctly... The reason why it cannot be set within the house goes to the function of what the mog house is, it's not as easy as changing the context menu to allow you to access sack or satchel. The location for what a home point is has its own identity spread out amongst multiple areas in code.

Adding the Home Point in the mog could easily result in a code conflict from what the function of what the mog house is. There is a large chance that some of the data values and variables for the code of the mog house is the same as some of what the homepoint is, thus resulting in changing a large chunk of code in both areas. Having it outside the door is just as easy.

There could also be the fact that the moghouse is an independent area from everywhere else and then they'd have to respecify the zone you are in since all mog are equal but the background files... and then you have [if nation is home] options for the storage and layout...

Most likely we'd be looking at an out of bounds of the maximum a lotted memory in the base too..

I hope that made sense, they're each different plausible reasons you simply can't just add things larger than a certain value into a place's function. The adding to the context menu in the moghouse is about two lines, a display with graphic and the short cut to the domain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Juilan; 05-19-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Thanks for the reply ^^

But is that a no or a maybe? Or "if this gets enough support, it might be done" sorta thing? >.>
    (0)
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juilan View Post
    Lemme see if I can answer this correctly... The reason why it cannot be set within the house goes to the function of what the mog house is, it's not as easy as changing the context menu to allow you to access sack or satchel. The location for what a home point is has its own identity spread out amongst multiple areas in code.

Adding the Home Point in the mog could easily result in a code conflict from what the function of what the mog house is. There is a large chance that some of the data values and variables for the code of the mog house is the same as some of what the homepoint is, thus resulting in changing a large chunk of code in both areas. Having it outside the door is just as easy.

There could also be the fact that the moghouse is an independent area from everywhere else and then they'd have to respecify the zone you are in since all mog are equal but the background files... and then you have [if nation is home] options for the storage and layout...

Most likely we'd be looking at an out of bounds of the maximum a lotted memory in the base too..

I hope that made sense, they're each different plausible reasons you simply can't just add things larger than a certain value into a place's function. The adding to the context menu in the moghouse is about two lines, a display with graphic and the short cut to the domain.
    I appreciate your explanation... however, it's pretty much what I've determined to likely be the case as well.

I'm hoping for an (unlikely to occur) official explanation to find out what the actual reason is, instead of what it probably is.

Still, thanks for the response.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai
    but could you please ask the devs just why it is that its being tied to a very early system in the game makes it so difficult to implement?
    You dont need them to ask the devs why. The answer is because the game was coded really badly early on and everything else is built on top of things which you would think would have little connection but end up actually being connected. This is why other random things tend to break whenever they do a patch. In this case, the risk of breaking something else in changing such early systems is very high. When the game was originally built (which was in a time where console games didn't usually receive patches), there were various things in the game which they probably didn't expect to ever change, so they didn't write the code with making it easily changeable in mind.

Also, I think part of the problem could specifically arise from the fact that whenever you enter your mog house, you are still "in" the zone you entered it from. Thus your MH can be in a different zone depending on where you entered from- The mog house is not an independent zone and thus it's understandable that you wouldn't be able to set your home point there.

There could also be the fact that the moghouse is an independent area from everywhere else
    I know what you're trying to say, but as far as the game/servers are concerned, your location when you're in your mog house = the location you entered the mog house from. The mog house itself does not have its own zone associated with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-19-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2