Character
    Aemora
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Grounds of Valor and Prouesse Ring

Is anyone else absolutely appauled by the ill-thought out planning that went into the Prouesse Ring?

The general concensus of the people I have met whilst in Zeruhn Mines over the last 3 days (each day, there for 8 hours, without zoning with high levels of prowesses across the board) is that this year's Novennial Ring reward should have been the Prouesse Ring. With Abyssea, there is absolutely no need for another EXP ring, especially when they do not work within Abyssea. I have not met one person who has a job above level 80 that has achieved that without Abyssea. Whilst the rings may help people with exp between Lv1-30, the recent tweaks to gaining experience outside of Abyssea doesn't really call for the need for easier exp game outside of Abyssea.

However, the amount of players that have leveled a job because of Abyssea (and the ease of it) has made a gap where there is a lack of skill gain, and this is something that SE has recognised. But to add an item that may help individuals with their combat skill gain, and put it in a brown treasure casket that rarely appears, along with a mini-game of chance that generally tips to a 50% chance after reading all the tips, is badly planned and short-sighted.

MANY people want this ring. The monotony of achieving it puts people off. A majority of players want skill gain. A majority of players do not yet need another ring that gives them exp when it is so easy to come by. At least you could have made Prouesse Ring the reward for this year's anniversary instead of the Novennial Ring. Or add it to Conquest/Imperial/Allied NPCs for the cost of 20k points or something. Hell, add it to a Dynamis NM, or a Voidwatch NM, or a drop from one of the new BCNMs, but from a brown treasure chest with a miniscule appearance rate is just silly :/

/rant off.
    (4)
    BLM SMN COR BRD SCH RDM BLU 90.
    Fishing 100, Ebisu~

I like the XP ring, considering i'll probably be using it for 30-75; I don't like to simply be a placeholder in Aby. However, you are absolutely right, the skill ring (and the prowess for that matter) is much more desireable. The one thing easy-moding every aspect of the game has most affected is to cause truly massive skill gaps, and the more you've leveled X job since they did it, the wider the gap.

HOPEFULLY, the Prousse ring is obtainable in ALL Gov areas, not just Zehrun. Otherwise, the lag there is going to be even worse than in Port Jeuno, because every player that's worth something (and not already capped) is going to want one of these to wear, especailly during weap trials. Skil-up while I have to grind? Yes Please!
    (0)

From what I gather the bonus to skillup rate is minimal, no loss.
    (0)

Speak for yourself. I'm glad i got another exp ring.
    (0)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Zvahl_Fortalice

will give you better skill ups than that ring, and you can afk while doing it! (unless you're doing magic skills, but those skill even faster than melee).

I love my xp ring, leave it alone.
    (0)

the ring has the advantage of being able to full-time it tho' unless you need to gear a different ring for an especially hard fight. It's also useful to higher levels.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    HOPEFULLY, the Prousse ring is obtainable in ALL Gov areas, not just Zehrun. Otherwise, the lag there is going to be even worse than in Port Jeuno, because every player that's worth something (and not already capped) is going to want one of these to wear, especailly during weap trials. Skil-up while I have to grind? Yes Please!
    It's not a global GoV item. Like FoV, each zone has one unique items from brown caskets. The Prouesse Ring is Zeruhn's unique item.

The problem with an item like that is that only 16 caskets can be spawned in each zone, and when all 16 are up, no new ones will spawn. Since people don't open blue caskets often, they don't go away until the full 3 minutes have passed. So all 16 caskets can spawn blue, and if nobody empties them, even if only to toss the items, everyone has a drought of caskets, and stays there even longer.

Please open every casket you spawn, and empty them out so everyone can spawn more caskets. It will reduce the time everyone spends hunting for that item.
    (0)