Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Dynamis Proc pattern!

UPDATE MAY 17TH : Updated proc list

Ok I made another thread with theory but now with more information and research done by my LS members I believe this to actually have more solid standing specially with videos of NIN/DNC stagger every mob they pulled... (so long as it was a THF or MNK that is)

I have noticed a specific pattern in mobs and staggers and is very simple and kind of makes sense. So you all know I don't read other forums personally, my friends looked up all the info after i told them the theory after I myself saw that pattern after several days farming dynamis in a party of 6. This has been done in Dynamis - Windurst.

I have been writing down specifically what mob was staggered and what staggered it and have come up with these results after a few days of testing in Dynamis windy ^^;

Heavy DD(usually ones that wield 2h weapons such as DRK and SAM)
    We specifically haven't seen anything stagger these other then Weapon skills. No spells we have tried or job abilities we have tried have staggered these mobs

Weapon skill that have staggered these types of mobs have been:
    Blade: Ten
    Tachi: Rana
    Shoulder Tackle
    Dancing Edge

Casters
    Mobs such as WHM RDM BLM BRD have been staggered by spells themselves while we don't know the entire library of spells that can stagger we have narrowed down the list a bit and I believe its specific spells that stagger not every spell, that would be quite unreasonable. I mean, how many offensive spells to BLM RDM and WHM have? (I mean offensive spells by spells casted on the enemies, enfeebs are considered defensive by some but I mean spells you cast on the mob)

Spells we have used and HAVE STAGGERED are:

Absorb STR
    Sleepga II
    Bio II
    Dia
    Sleep II
    Gravity
    Firaja
    Kurayami: Ni
    Rasp
    Burn
    Drown
    Rush(Shiva)
    Eclipse bite(Fenrir)
    (I know you can qualify these as JA used by the SMN however SMN is still a caster job so I believe SE put it into this category for sake of being consistent.)

When we did a run without a summoner the rate of the other spells listed staggering has increased, We know this isn't a complete list as we can't yet stagger caster mobs 100% of the time but its quite a decent rate of stagger to lead me to believe that the list of spells that CAN stagger isn't that large between white and black magic but if you throw a SMN into your group then blood pacts too can stagger increasing your list and lowering the chance of your WHM and BLM spells staggering.

1h Weapon users:
    I am not quite sure how to classify this category yet but specifically I have seen this on MNK THF NIN type mobs. Seems to me that these are mainly staggered by JA useable on the enemy.

DNC has a very high rate of success if you only have 1 job with JAs (like NIN/WAR everything else mage) I think provoke could constantly stagger? Not sure on this further testing is needed for me personally.

Provoke
    Desperate Flourish
    Box Step
    Stutter Step
    Violent flourish
    Wild flourish

These abilities have been seen to stagger the mobs the vast majority of the time, sometimes on SECOND use but not first which raises a few more questions however I think this is very good evidence.

What do you all think? You think I'm onto something here? lol
    (6)
    Last edited by Xikeroth; 05-17-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    SE needs to be more original with content, because spreading the same content and copying it everywhere isn't going to keep people playing for very long. STOP WITH WEAKNESS TARGETING! It is NOT that good of a concept!
    If you don't like what I say, that's fine, you don't have to. But don't think that I care if you agree with me or not. Soooo... if you don't like what I say, don't reply, and move on with your life