Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Dynamis Proc pattern!

UPDATE MAY 17TH : Updated proc list

Ok I made another thread with theory but now with more information and research done by my LS members I believe this to actually have more solid standing specially with videos of NIN/DNC stagger every mob they pulled... (so long as it was a THF or MNK that is)

I have noticed a specific pattern in mobs and staggers and is very simple and kind of makes sense. So you all know I don't read other forums personally, my friends looked up all the info after i told them the theory after I myself saw that pattern after several days farming dynamis in a party of 6. This has been done in Dynamis - Windurst.

I have been writing down specifically what mob was staggered and what staggered it and have come up with these results after a few days of testing in Dynamis windy ^^;

Heavy DD(usually ones that wield 2h weapons such as DRK and SAM)
    We specifically haven't seen anything stagger these other then Weapon skills. No spells we have tried or job abilities we have tried have staggered these mobs

Weapon skill that have staggered these types of mobs have been:
    Blade: Ten
    Tachi: Rana
    Shoulder Tackle
    Dancing Edge

Casters
    Mobs such as WHM RDM BLM BRD have been staggered by spells themselves while we don't know the entire library of spells that can stagger we have narrowed down the list a bit and I believe its specific spells that stagger not every spell, that would be quite unreasonable. I mean, how many offensive spells to BLM RDM and WHM have? (I mean offensive spells by spells casted on the enemies, enfeebs are considered defensive by some but I mean spells you cast on the mob)

Spells we have used and HAVE STAGGERED are:

Absorb STR
    Sleepga II
    Bio II
    Dia
    Sleep II
    Gravity
    Firaja
    Kurayami: Ni
    Rasp
    Burn
    Drown
    Rush(Shiva)
    Eclipse bite(Fenrir)
    (I know you can qualify these as JA used by the SMN however SMN is still a caster job so I believe SE put it into this category for sake of being consistent.)

When we did a run without a summoner the rate of the other spells listed staggering has increased, We know this isn't a complete list as we can't yet stagger caster mobs 100% of the time but its quite a decent rate of stagger to lead me to believe that the list of spells that CAN stagger isn't that large between white and black magic but if you throw a SMN into your group then blood pacts too can stagger increasing your list and lowering the chance of your WHM and BLM spells staggering.

1h Weapon users:
    I am not quite sure how to classify this category yet but specifically I have seen this on MNK THF NIN type mobs. Seems to me that these are mainly staggered by JA useable on the enemy.

DNC has a very high rate of success if you only have 1 job with JAs (like NIN/WAR everything else mage) I think provoke could constantly stagger? Not sure on this further testing is needed for me personally.

Provoke
    Desperate Flourish
    Box Step
    Stutter Step
    Violent flourish
    Wild flourish

These abilities have been seen to stagger the mobs the vast majority of the time, sometimes on SECOND use but not first which raises a few more questions however I think this is very good evidence.

What do you all think? You think I'm onto something here? lol
    (6)
    Last edited by Xikeroth; 05-17-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    SE needs to be more original with content, because spreading the same content and copying it everywhere isn't going to keep people playing for very long. STOP WITH WEAKNESS TARGETING! It is NOT that good of a concept!
    If you don't like what I say, that's fine, you don't have to. But don't think that I care if you agree with me or not. Soooo... if you don't like what I say, don't reply, and move on with your life

Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Another thing to note: We have not been able to successfully stagger mobs on the house of death side of windy with this pattern, or at all I am wondering if those can be staggered?

We have no issues at all staggering any mobs near the AH or shantotto's house with the stagger pattern we have discovered for dynamis windy.

In theory you can only stagger some of the weaker mobs, the stronger mobs (check T to 90+ around the new NM spawn locations) can't be staggered... at least we haven't been able to. Maybe its on purpose to stop people from camping Nms and coins at once?
    (0)
    SE needs to be more original with content, because spreading the same content and copying it everywhere isn't going to keep people playing for very long. STOP WITH WEAKNESS TARGETING! It is NOT that good of a concept!
    If you don't like what I say, that's fine, you don't have to. But don't think that I care if you agree with me or not. Soooo... if you don't like what I say, don't reply, and move on with your life

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    I think it's totally random and people are seeing patterns where there aren't any as the human brain is wont to do.
    (0)

Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    I think it's totally random and people are seeing patterns where there aren't any as the human brain is wont to do.

I think maybe you should stop being a troll and actually try dynamis, you care to explain why over the course of now 5 runs we have had no issues staggering say NIN THF or MNK type enemies using provoke, and dancer steps/flourishes but they never staggered DRK SAM WHM RDM BLM BRD or anything of the kind?

Its far too much of a coincidence to be "random" like you claim, also i have seen vids of NIN/DNC staggering 100% but they staggered with DNC JA on MNK and THF mobs but could not stagger any other mob type.

Have you even tried any of this? We have seen further PROOF of this by our own runs nearing 95% proc rate with the rare mobs not being able to be staggered by anything we try (usually its a caster for which we don't know all the spells but the spells we have found to work staggers very often so there seems to be a restriction, and we go in with a BLM RDM and WHM.

Sometimes the staggers don't work on first attempt, for example we went with 2 NIN on our last run. I used blade:Ten on a yagudo persecutor no proc, not even 2 seconds later the second NIN used Blade: ten and it DID proc, both WS have hit. So procs are not 100% on ability use.

When you can come up with a valid point as to where my pattern which is procing over 90% of the time with an alliance of 12 people without any issues what so ever maybe it'll be "random" but we have almost a total list of things our setup staggers with.

The list of possible staggers with mobs changed depending on what jobs are in the alliance, but unlike abyssea you always will have something that can stagger.

The difference between the type of mob (2h weap, caster 1h weap) is far too much of a coincidence to be random or dumb luck, but i DO think that mobs near new NMs cant be staggered so SE doesn't repeat the mistakes they did with abyssea. The one where people would farm the hell out of mobs for pop items and such when other people needed normal seals. Its frustrating so i think SE is trying to avoid that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xikeroth; 05-16-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Player
    Some of this is newer information, some of it 3-4+ days old with no SS evidence to prove it wrong.

Certain mob jobs are staggered by ws (Pld Sam Drk Drg War)
    Certain mob jobs are staggered by ja's (Thf Nin Rng Mnk Bst)
    Certain mob jobs are staggered by spells (Brd Smn Blm Rdm Whm)

Number of TE's got seems to affect your ability to stagger
    Number of TE's got seems to affect the color stagger you will get

Staggers /seem/ to just be a % chance to proc from any ws/spell/ja, with no pattern (eg sleep a mob and spam voke on it, first 10 may do nothing and the 11th proc).

Staggers should always be doable by people in your party (which fits with it being a % chance to proc).

What we dont know 100% yet is how TE's are affecting it, what the difference is between the color staggers in terms of drops, is it definatly just % chance on any ja/ws/spell and what does each specific KI from the TE's do.

Also the higher level mobs definatly can be staggered, ive dont it myself.
    (2)

Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiiawn View Post
    Some of this is newer information, some of it 3-4+ days old with no SS evidence to prove it wrong.

Certain mob jobs are staggered by ws (Pld Sam Drk Drg War)
    Certain mob jobs are staggered by ja's (Thf Nin Rng Mnk Bst)
    Certain mob jobs are staggered by spells (Brd Smn Blm Rdm Whm)

Number of TE's got seems to affect your ability to stagger
    Number of TE's got seems to affect the color stagger you will get

Staggers /seem/ to just be a % chance to proc from any ws/spell/ja, with no pattern (eg sleep a mob and spam voke on it, first 10 may do nothing and the 11th proc).

Staggers should always be doable by people in your party (which fits with it being a % chance to proc).

What we dont know 100% yet is how TE's are affecting it, what the difference is between the color staggers in terms of drops, is it definatly just % chance on any ja/ws/spell and what does each specific KI from the TE's do.

Also the higher level mobs definatly can be staggered, ive dont it myself.
    I have personally been entering dynamis the past 5 days today will be the 6th.

As I have already stated in the first post we know the job/proc pattern already this has been proven to be true by the events I have done, I shouldn't need to post screenshots to prove it. the key item thing needs a lot of testing to be proven true or not.

Stagger colour seems to mean nothing as relic rate is unchanged weather you proc or not, it only effects currency. This is also proven.

The chance to proc is also something we know but its a VERY HIGH rate, if you don't proc by your 3rd voke, it isn't the proc. As I have posted already Blade ten didn't work by first nin but did by second. Also it seems to be a very high proc percent regardless without the first 3 uses something will proc.

The colour different between staggers and drops mean nothing from what we have seen, there is no difference between procs and drops. This is prob more a programming then when SE copied stagger animations from abyssea.

We have also procced the higher lvl mobs, but nothing has dropped or dropped less items after those procs the lower level mobs have a higher proc rate and higher drop amount after proc.

If you are farming currency the lower level ones are far better with a far higher proc rate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xikeroth; 05-17-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Player
    The chance to proc is also something we know but its a VERY HIGH rate, if you don't proc by your 3rd voke, it isn't the proc
    Incorrect, at least twice during our testing last night, provoke proc'd on its 11th attempt (all from the same person).
    (1)

It could simply be a system where you need to fill some category of points up. Like voke perhaps gave 9.9 proc points each, so 10 put you at 99, but you need 100 so the 11th procs. This would then explain why it seems random (you have to do enough moves first)

But I'm just guessing. I haven't even entered Dynamis since the changes. If people proc on early moves, it could be something else (or certain types can get 50 points worth of proc points and quickly proc)
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    that doesn't explain that u sometimes claim it with pull.
    okay did sandy today again.
    entered on iceday, proc'd blm with ice spells,drain, silence
    bard this time with wind spells & break.

so for sandy it seems like ice spells are a common proc for the blm and wind spells are common for brd.

Edit:
    on fireday it was ice all time on blm, on iceday it was ice + wind spells
    on fireday it was wind all time on brd, on iceday it was wind + earth spells

maybe its, blm is weak to the spells which are weak to day u entered, and brd maybe to spells that are weak to blm weakness spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 05-17-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    I don't think that's a point base system it's the modified-abyssea system; you can proc the first action you have on the enemy.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast