Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95

Annoyed at New Fields of Valor Timing

After taking too long a break from it, I decided to try out Fields of Valor and the new feature where one can undertake as many regimes as they want, but at the cost of potential gil and tabs earned if you complete more than one Vana'diel day.

I was quickly annoyed at what I discovered upon taking back-to-back regimes. First of all, simply waiting until Vana'diel Midnight doesn't cut it any more; a whole 24 Vana'diel hours have to pass after you complete your last regime. Secondly, this countdown doesn't start until after you complete your last regime. This means that, even if a whole Vana'diel day has passed since you last received gil and tabs, if said time hasn't elapsed since I last finished a regime, I still won't earn them.

So, I'm basically in the same position where I was before this adjustment, where I quite simply can't take more than one training regime per Vana'diel day if I want my gil and tabs, right? Actually, it's strictly worse than that, since not only is it no longer counting up to Vana'diel Midnight, it's counting down 24 Vana'diel hours from the ToD of the final mob I slay in a regime, and if I want gil and tabs, I cannot complete another regime until that timer is complete, overall weakening gil and (more importantly) tab production.

If I were to make a suggestion, it would simply be to prevent the gil and tab timer from being reset by subsequent regimes which do not award gil or tabs. This way, experience gain from Fields of Valor is increased as intended, but without having a directly negative impact on gil or tab production.
    (2)

I've noticed that same scenario and it has annoyed me as well. Tabs become in short supply once you more or less stop leveling/skilling jobs. Their usefulness is really high with the use of book warps and this creates a disproportionate balance that's hampered even more so by the change in the system. Used to be I could obtain over 200 tabs in about 10 minutes if I timed my pages right to coincide with the changing of the days. Now its even worse than merely waiting for the next game day with the new after completion timer.

I do not like the current setup. Its better EXP wise, but worse now for tabs and gil. The change to regimes per day should have only effected EXP, not the gil and tabs. The old method for the system should return coupled with the instant reissue for EXP purposes.
    (1)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Here is how you save tabs....

HP in jeuno at the crystal (so you never ever forget to pick up warp on your way back)
    If you need to go somewhere maw warp to Jugner or Bub. Peninsula and run to the op and use the teleport NPC. You spend at most 500g getting home.
    Do a run to the 3 main cities and pick up the abyssite from each Voidwatch NPC.
    You can now warp to any of the 3x nations via the voidwatch NPC.

If your home nation is Basty - you're in luck. Maw warp to Abys - Altep drops you a short auto-run away from Basty..

Can't remember the last time I used Repat.. I don't have a problem with the current system. FoV was designed to increase EXP. Tabs were just a bonus.
    (1)

Its not so much about saving tabs as much as it is about how the new system has made it take even longer to obtain them. Which sucks given the change was supposed to improve the exp off them, but not make getting tabs more annoying.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah fair call.. I just feel as though tabs have dropped in value considerably due to the new ways of teleporting using Maws and Voidwatch warps etc.

I can see your point though.
    (1)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Tabs are pretty much useless now. If your out exping better to just use them on book buffs then going to your nation, since under 30 now you can just blood warp. Warp clubs had thier cool down reduced to 1 hour, warp scrolls 7 pts. Only other thing you would use them for is maybe try to aug something and hope you get something worth a crap. Tell you now that 90% of the people doing FoV don't give a damn about the tabs or gil.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    I cannot complete another regime until that timer is complete, overall weakening gil and (more importantly) tab production.
    You're really saying gil and tabs from FoV matter? Personally I've always treated them as an added bonus, I do FoV for the XP and apart from Repatriation there's nothing I want to spend my 30k+ tabs on anyway.

For me, the FoV change was all win, no downside of any importance.
    (1)