Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindel View Post
    FFXI has never been a challenging game.
    When did you join? You weren't trying to XP before PLs came into vogue, were you? Or trying to hit 75 before ToAU (much less CoP) came out? Back before there was an FFXI wiki and people had to wait for ffxi.allkazham.com to update, or sift through the KillingIfrit forums for information.

P.S. There will always be people who don't care about the story, about exploration. Hey guess what -- don't team up with them and you'll have a better time.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Keinn
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Our monk proc'd yellow with Victory Smite.
    With empyrean WS procing the monster, makes me wonder if its more about the type than the specific WS.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No Ni spells, steps, flourishes, dagger WS, katana WS, thf JA or smn blood pacts triggered anything in Sandy or Lastok.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    No Ni spells, steps, flourishes, dagger WS, katana WS, thf JA or smn blood pacts triggered anything in Sandy or Lastok.
    friend triggered BLM with NI spell, and we triggered ws mobs with katana ws & dagger ws in sandy, reason is our jobs.
    RDM (with mandau) + NIN (using katana)
    (0)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Took BLU/DNC into Beaucadine (yeah I didn't /nin, boo me lol) and managed to stagger 15+ different mobs at our usual camp. Head Butt staggered 3-4 mobs, Fast Blade would stagger 2-3 mobs, and /dnc abilities netted the most staggers on the mobs we fought. Even with the small issue in killing the Rearguard Eye, nearly completed Stage 2 relic for one of our core ls members.

--Antanias
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xikeroth View Post
    I think maybe you should stop being a troll and actually try dynamis, you care to explain why over the course of now 5 runs we have had no issues staggering say NIN THF or MNK type enemies using provoke, and dancer steps/flourishes but they never staggered DRK SAM WHM RDM BLM BRD or anything of the kind?

Its far too much of a coincidence to be "random" like you claim, also i have seen vids of NIN/DNC staggering 100% but they staggered with DNC JA on MNK and THF mobs but could not stagger any other mob type.

Have you even tried any of this? We have seen further PROOF of this by our own runs nearing 95% proc rate with the rare mobs not being able to be staggered by anything we try (usually its a caster for which we don't know all the spells but the spells we have found to work staggers very often so there seems to be a restriction, and we go in with a BLM RDM and WHM.

Sometimes the staggers don't work on first attempt, for example we went with 2 NIN on our last run. I used blade:Ten on a yagudo persecutor no proc, not even 2 seconds later the second NIN used Blade: ten and it DID proc, both WS have hit. So procs are not 100% on ability use.

When you can come up with a valid point as to where my pattern which is procing over 90% of the time with an alliance of 12 people without any issues what so ever maybe it'll be "random" but we have almost a total list of things our setup staggers with.

The list of possible staggers with mobs changed depending on what jobs are in the alliance, but unlike abyssea you always will have something that can stagger.

The difference between the type of mob (2h weap, caster 1h weap) is far too much of a coincidence to be random or dumb luck, but i DO think that mobs near new NMs cant be staggered so SE doesn't repeat the mistakes they did with abyssea. The one where people would farm the hell out of mobs for pop items and such when other people needed normal seals. Its frustrating so i think SE is trying to avoid that.
    Try using weaker weaponskills any weaponskill can proc, I usually just spam tachi: kagero as samurai and always get all the weaponskill type mobs to stagger, sad that I have to use soboro to do this due to it being so random it could stagger on the first weaponskill or the tenth at some point its better to just pull another mob .
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4