Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Honestly, people need to stop moaning about lack of information, in 99% of cases (AV?AA and 5/6f frogs in salvage being the exception) people have worked out how to do things within 5-6 weeks and that information is public. Some people actually enjoy going in blind and trying to figure out a new system
    (2)

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Ah moaning? I don't think so! Let me add what I accidently left out........I don't like this proc system period and it's running me out of the game. You don't like how I feel I could care less what you think who you are. I don't have much to say in here for a reason. Anyone that tries to say something gets pounced on and it's stupid. It's sad you can't just read and add what YOU think and keep your personal opinion about people to yourself. I don't live for what people think nor do I care what runs out of your brain. I used to have fun in the game and that is getting to be a thing of the past.
    (2)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlan View Post
    A game good should have an easy learning curve
    I need to interrupt you right here. Not all good games have an easy learning curve. Maybe all games that you like have an easy learning curve, but that's a matter of opinion, not good game design!

and well explained system for gamers to play while exploring the world and taking on challenges. That way gamers can tell if they like the game or not. That way a gamer could tell if he enjoys the system or not.
    FFXI has been out for nine years. There are enough podcasts, blogs, video streams, and youtube videos that you should be able to tell if you will or won't like the game before you ever start.

FFXI has always been an extremely challenging game where players need to work together and collaborate and share information to get things done. In the past four years the level of challenge has markedly decreased, at least for lower levels, but FFXI is still one of the more challenging games around.

A game shouldn't be difficult to understand and lack the explanation to how to play.
    Exploring the game world and taking on challenges is One thing, but lacking information on how each content is made to play is another.

Lack of information is part of the development team's fault, not the gamers.
    Actually it's part of the development team's genius -- it gets players to work together to share information. It encourages community.

I can see how Powder and other people like myself could be frustrated when it comes to new contents that everyone is trying so hard to figure out due to SE giving us an Incomplete content.

Its our job to play the game's content and enjoy it for what it is, Not try to figure out how it works without any legit info.
    We are not generally given 'an Incomplete content.' We are given content, and then given free reign to figure it out. To work together to do so.

This is not World of Warcraft. This is FINAL FANTASY XI Online. Prosper together or get K.O.'d alone.
    (1)
    Last edited by Volkai; 05-19-2011 at 03:04 AM.
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I live for figuring this stuff out! It's all exciting and enjoy being part of the process. If you want to play a game where every nook and cranny is spilled out for you and how to get every new item, play PSU or something.
    (2)

I hate the !! proc system, I've hated it since day 1 of Abyssea. That being said, I appreciate this type of thread. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but Wiki-my usual source of info-isn't getting updated as quickly or as thoroughly as it used to. Keep it coming!
    (3)

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I hate the !! proc system, I've hated it since day 1 of Abyssea. That being said, I appreciate this type of thread. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but Wiki-my usual source of info-isn't getting updated as quickly or as thoroughly as it used to. Keep it coming!
    May be we are too early to judge the new dyna is suck but I myself hated it very much after the last several runs.

The dyna shell i'm in has reduced the number of event simply because people lost interest of this stupid reborn.
    (0)

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai View Post
    FFXI has always been an extremely challenging game...
    FFXI has never been a challenging game. For a long time it has been a game where you need the 'right' job to accomplish a task. Jumping through hoops to beat content does not mean a game is more difficult. Case in point the early CoP days all the bosses were easy if you had the proper jobs. A Crystaline Prophesy end boss was easy with the right jobs along as with all the content on FFXI. That is not a challenge it is artificial bumps that lead to a work based grind. Despite of that I personally have found FFXI to be an enjoyable game.

P.S as for finding all of the content out ourselves. I am willing to bet 99.9% of the players wait for someone else to figure it out and just use wiki or forums to tell them how to complete missions, quests, or new systems. I've never experienced game content on here that was older than two days were people was not rushing others to skip reading and discouraging exploring.
    (0)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Dynamis procs me to fall asleep because it's now just yet another sneak around and kill one or two monsters type event.
    (0)

Character
    Sukasaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    anyone find anything on the gob NPCs with the new info? GM told me

"that there were certain factors that could cause you to not get the information from them."
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukasaroth View Post
    anyone find anything on the gob NPCs with the new info? GM told me

"that there were certain factors that could cause you to not get the information from them."
    it didn't gave me new info too
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast