Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    PVP just makes hurt feelings and inflated egos.

"I beat that BLM in PvP, so that must mean that MNK > BLM"

"Ok MNK, go solo a dragon in Mount Z"

Thats all I see in PvP tbh.
    (2)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    I don't see how anyone who PvP's at the 40cap expects to be taken seriously, but if you get to the max level which takes about 4 hours I'll play you. As far as game breaking things, I'm a DRK, not a BLU or a RDM or a BLM, and these 'game breaking' things are just mythical things that people who /cough play 40cap /cough tote around to try to harm the integrity of the system.
    1) The same way anyone who PvPs in a PvE MMORPG might expect to be taken seriously.
    2) I'm not interested in uncapped PvP. 30, 40, or 50cap is what I'm interested in - high enough to have some options, low enough to have constraints you're probably not used to working under. It keeps things interesting.
    3) You misunderstand. When I say 'game breaking' I mean things that make FFXI or your PC or your XBox 360 or PS2 crash.
    (1)
    Last edited by Volkai; 05-16-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    PVP just makes hurt feelings and inflated egos.

"I beat that BLM in PvP, so that must mean that MNK > BLM"

"Ok MNK, go solo a dragon in Mount Z"

Thats all I see in PvP tbh.

The same thing is happening in PvE right now.
    People are picking MNK's over PLD's because MNK tanks better.
    People are picking NIN's over RNG's because NIN do superior damage.
    People are picking WHM's over RDM's because WHM's are superior healers.

Favoritism isn't something new that is only experienced in PvP. And there is a big difference in PvP, because you can sub a job that would benefit you against your weakness. I watched a youtube video of a THF/NIN vs a PLD/WHM. The THF lost because the PLD with WHM sub could spam Diaga and break his shadows all the time.

That same THF/NIN beat a PLD/BLU of about the same level. Because PLD/BLU might have great defense, but he wasn't able to knock the THF's shadows down fast enough, so the THF had even more survivability.

PvP just has more dynamics. And I'm pretty sure a smart team of RNG's and THF's could take out a team of BLM's anyday. It just takes time and practice to learn each others abilities.
    (3)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've taken advantage of Player Event Support to get the attention of some people who don't really even know about PvP. By hosting events like this, you can get better results.

That said, it's always in the diorama. Official matches really need some kind of incentive for people to participate- Some gear, even if it's only useable in ballista or only has cosmetic effects, would attract some people.
    (6)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-16-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    The Idea is nice, you could all place bets like everyone who plays throw in 50K+ or however much bet you place in the pot and whoever ends victorious wins the pot.

Sounds like a card game lol.
    (2)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miera View Post
    The Idea is nice, you could all place bets like everyone who plays throw in 50K+ or however much bet you place in the pot and whoever ends victorious wins the pot.

Sounds like a card game lol.

Yea, I'm trying to do this right now on Asura. It's fun and kind of sparks a challenge in people. Btw if you're on Asura and looking to revive some PvP fun, PM me. My name is Shinjima, LS is called "Versus" and the more people we get, the more fun we can have!
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Yea, I'm trying to do this right now on Asura. It's fun and kind of sparks a challenge in people. Btw if you're on Asura and looking to revive some PvP fun, PM me. My name is Shinjima, LS is called "Versus" and the more people we get, the more fun we can have!
    Unfortunately I am on Leviathan, too bad we cannot do Server Vs Server PVP because that would be awesome.

But My LS has free nights so I think I should use your ideas for Free nights, let everyone unwind from Abyssea Emp farming.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Gallus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Things that would make the PVP more appealing:

- Allow gearswaps with only the penalty of a 3 second bind effect (to prevent purposeful blinking while running away).
    - Allow players to purchase a good deal of pve gear with ballista points, but for a heavy cost.
    - Allow people to purchase ballista temp items from a bit higher Gil cost than ballista point cost.
    - Permit the use of standard item use inside ballista

While I agree that FFXI is primarily a PVE game, PVP would do no harm to pve, and if anything, it would encourage more players to join/come back. Allowing the purchase of PVE gear with a large number of ballista points would help with congestion and wouldnt impact PVE content in any negative ways.
    (3)
    Last edited by Gallus; 05-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Biggest problem with PvP is how much better RDM and BLU are than everyone else.

RDM can destroy everyone with gravity/bind/sleep/break/silence

BLU can destroy everyone with the same things, then more so with near-instant cast spells that do huge damage.
    (2)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Another Ballista Royale.....
    (2)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast