Thread: Dual weild

Character
    Shinsonja
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Dual weild

hurry up and give thf dual weild to the same lvl as dnc already, while your at it add subtle blow again same lvl.
    (2)

Character
    Alaik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Or just tell us the reasons you believe this is imbalanced. I'll be fine with either.
    (0)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i think that its more imbalanced that dnc has it over thf.. dnc can heal them selves.. debuff and etc.. they dont need the subtle blow.. thfs need it bad! and dnc evasion is practically on par with thf with the abilities.. we deserve the subtle blow and duel weld over dncs :x we had been waiting way longer then dancer too..
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Even a BLU has more native DW than a Thief. Someone at SE really has a love affair going with DNC and THF seems to have been a forgotten relic.
    (1)

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    We still outdamage Dancers.
    (0)

Character
    Kalisama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    From someone who only plays both DNC and THF equally I must say that the two jobs are pretty balanced as they are. Yes THF only has DW2 (DW3 with /nin) but triple attack rate (especially with gear/atmas) pushes THF forward in the TP gain department. Not to mention higher dagger skill and much MUCH higher evasion (my DNC can't even come close unless I throw on a bunch of gear and I'm STILL behind THF's eva), and not to mention that sexy AF3+2 that can add a ton of damage to Triple attack procs. So yeah, THF still has some really good advantages over DNC as it stands now. The reason that DNC needs more DW is because it HAS to cure, and use steps, and all that other stuff which of course slows down damage output and so on.

I do agree with one point though...THF seriously needs some subtle blow....
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I want to know why they gave DW IV to DNC and not to thf, then left thf with DWI

hey guyz but you can still get DW III on /nin -.-

That would be my argument on giving DW IV to thf, if you are going to give a job a trait, the trait progression needs to outdo anything that is granted off a sub. If you are not going to do that, it is a waste of time to grant such a trait.
    (0)

Character
    Kalisama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Most likely its because of using THF as a subjob. I remember a while back SE saying in an interview that they wanted people to experiment with diff subjobs and implied that they didn't want THF to be one of them (mostly due to 2handers using it for SAWS). That coupled with the DNC job being designed to be used primarily as a SJ first is why it has DW tiers at earlier levels.

Because of this, I totally see THF getting DW 3 and 4 the next 2 level increases since it was given DW 1 and 2 on the last 2. Sucks that we have to wait that long, but in the end it will work out.
    (0)

Player
    Kalima, I am the same as you are I Love my THF and simply Adore my Dancer! I play them both equally. My Thf can deal more dmg in abyssea but dnc last alot longer. I am just happy Thf finally has the DW ability instead of having to stick with /nin or /dnc 24/7 for the ability. When i first noticed it i went /sam and got two of my friends killed with the tp dmg output i was doing with TA and SATA. It woudl def be nice for thf to have moer SB bc frankly my thf with capped haste + is wicked
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    We still outdamage Dancers.
    Sadly, no. Having leveled both, I can say my Dnc easily out DD's my thief, and can cure itself to boot. Both jobs have near perfect gear. Dnc just overwhelms my thief in so many ways, but never the one way that matters: Treasure Hunter.

Not Trolling, not picking a fight, I love both jobs, typically play Thief more.

Edit: Saw the post further down. I find my Dnc to be more evasive than thief personally, they get a potent native Evasion bonus too, and a lot of their standard gear has evasion on it, where thief tends to stray from Evasion in lieu of more attack rate. Iirc the last time I did the numbers I think my thief only had something like 15 more evasion than my Dnc.
    (2)
    Last edited by Frost; 03-10-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast