Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Global Shout or Possible solution to congestion?

I understand there are limiations to the game, preventing certain things but is the game limited to a global shout? or at least a shout that can be seen in areas that SE wants more populated? (Port Windy/Sandy/Jeuno/Bastok Mines/White Gate)

If a Global shout, or linked shout between the cities is not possible then people will never leave Jeuno because of the convenience of getting a group of people together for a party, not many people use their LFP flags now these days, I'm sure you notice that.

Doing a search now results in 19 people in all known areas using the flag, of that 7 of them are between levels 75 - 90.

If SE is worried about the congestion of Port Jeuno, why not look to adding the NPCs to Whitegate? Whitegate is a much more flexible zone then any other location in the game, able to teleport from Whitegate to Jeuno or your home nation at any time, and have access to it from all the major cities in the game.

I know that when Abyssea was released it was based around Rise of the Zilart, and Wings of the Goddess, is the community that worried if they add a extention to all three Abyssea titles that it will prevent all the current owners of Abyssea, Zilart, and Wings of the Goddess from enjoying their content?

What would the possibility then be of adding a quest for those who have Treasures of Aht Urghan, to expand the reaches of the Abyssea NPCs and place them in Whitegate and Nashmau, would it be that memory expensive to implement into the game, as you've already stated some zones are at or near cap memory that they can hold for those playing on PS2 versions.
    (1)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

I have to say, I've heard several people suggest this and I love the idea.

If there were a global shout channel nobody would need to remain in Jeuno with the other 1,000 ppl looking for shouts and would definitely relieve the congestion being experienced there.

/gs <Yes, please!>
    (0)

This would a great addition to the game. Great suggestion.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They added different channels in xiv I wander why they have not done the same for XI.
    (0)

This has been suggested many times and it's been largely ignored, I don't know the reason for that but I guess this will go the same way.
    (0)

Global is asking for trouble. I doubt it'd be possible, but I think that if the shouts throughout Jeuno(and RuLude) could be linked, it'd definitely help with congestion. Especially in port.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Player
    Or a global linkpearl that anyone could join. Something, anything!

I just wish SE would just say,"Yes, we can," "We'll look into it," or "PS2 Limitations." The silence is deafening! It's been brought up a few times, and we don't know what SE's stance is.
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hopefully it won't mark the return of RMT spam ><

Even still, I can see idiots spamming up the log just to be annoying. I think regional shout would be more appropriate. That would be better for a region like Jeuno. If an annoying person wants to spam the server on a mule or something, they would have to be in Jeuno (this would prevent newly created characters from spamming the server since they start in Bastok/Sandy/Windy).

See, I want to be able to look through shouts messages without sifting through spam. Port Jeuno is almost like that as it is now =/
    (0)
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I was actually surprised they didn't add any new abyssea npcs to whitegate. I know its not exactly close to the zones that have the maws for abyssea, but it has much more room for people than port jeuno does and it would be nice to see whitegate populated again.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast