Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Queenkillyou
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90

Horst teleport to LaThiene = Stuck in load screen

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem, but anytime I use Horst to teleport out to LaThiene I get stuck in the loading screen for a good 3 minutes then get:

Error FFXI-3001
    Connection time out.

Since this has happened I have done a file check 2x, reset my router & modem, restarted my computer a billion times, and still nothing.

I am able to log in to my mules without a problem.
    After the connection timeout message I am taken back to the login screen where all my characters are listed. Selecting my main takes me back into the loading screen where I get stuck again.

I don't know what other options I have aside from dropkicking the crap out of my laptop and setting it on fire. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by LadyRagefist; 05-20-2011 at 05:26 AM.

The Wrath|Team Win

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    It's because too many people will be in La Theine it always happens in Port Jeuno on Pheonix now SE took the cheap route and merged server..

It's going to result in me cancelling my account since I can't play the game as I can't log on.
    (0)

Port Jeuno in Phoenix is incredibly loaded. So many times people go to Port Jeuno only to get in, only to get DC'd because of how loaded it is, this is especially true during the JP Primetime, and late NA primetime.
    (0)

Character
    Queenkillyou
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    The only way for me to fix this is to have someone else log into my account and move me to West Ron. I even tried logging in on my other computer and I get the same issue with the loading screen. Sad panda

SE Technical support told me it had to do with comcast and my router ports?? Uh...wat? I'm not comfortable messing with my router things, totally at a loss here now, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by LadyRagefist; 05-15-2011 at 12:48 AM.

The Wrath|Team Win

Player
    I got the exact same boot, and error message, but while doing something completely unrelated to teleporting to La Theine via Horst. I was actually just getting ready to walk out of Behemoth's Dominion (since the NMs there are broke and cannot spawn), went afk for a few minutes before I completely walked out of the area, and came back to a Playonline screen with that same error message.

My server is one that had merged with another (Siren) and this could very well be related to some load balance issues. This is the only disconnect issue that's come up for me. I did notice that around this time, there were almost 3k players online at the time. That's the most I've seen in quite sometime, but during FFXI's peak, that seemed normal for a Friday night. I wonder if they had removed resources from their servers over the past couple years as the population has dwindled, and didn't add them back on to the servers that merged during the last update?

Anyhow, SE does make port information available so you can ensure you have the right ports open. However, if you've been running the game just fine for the past year or so, over the same home network, router etc. it would make no sense at all for you to go monkey with your ports. SE did not make any port changes that they notified the player base about with the last patch, and unless you run a tightly controlled firewall or some strict router ACLs at home (highly doubt you do as most home users wouldn't), the advise the support desk gave you isn't relevant anyhow, as your ports are likely wide open.
    (1)

Character
    Queenkillyou
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I am on Leviathan so no server merges for me. However I just made my home point Port Sandy to alleviate any unneeded congestion...tried to port out to LaThiene again from there and got locked up in the loading screen again.

Would a fresh reinstall help maybe? (Something I was trying to avoid...)

Also note: I am getting this same issue on 2 separate computers, my laptop and PC. PLus, this started happening AFTER the version update on monday.
    (0)
    Last edited by LadyRagefist; 05-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.

The Wrath|Team Win

Character
    Arourie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    this has been happening to me too everything was fine till last evening at 9pm est I asked horst to tele me to grauberg maw and bam stuck in zone>timeout back to select character screen try to log bk onto my main same issue log into zone screen timeout and bk to select character screen i can log into my mules (different cities) and have no problems moving them around until get to jueno. this is not an issue with my isp
    (0)

Player
    The fact that you've demonstrated this same issue on multiple computers indicates its not a screw up as far as a particular FFXI installation. I highly recommend you not spend time doing a re-install, as the observations don't support any facts that indicate you should. If it were just one machine, then maybe, as a last resort only, but sense you said its happening on more than one, I'd look for some other common factor.

Arourie seems to have had this issue during peak hours. Have you tried doing a Horst teleport during non-peak hours?

Also, even if SE didn't merge your server doesn't mean they didn't do some general server architecture change on the back end affecting all servers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did since there seems to be quite a few broken things across the board, which indicates some things didn't migrate too well. Hopefully next week's update will comprehensively address these issues. Keep your fingers crossed!
    (0)

Character
    Arourie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    its not just horst. I got bk in on my main (location north gustaberg) warp to jueno (ok) change job warp to southern sandy [S] np. campaign warp to grauberg, do my dnc af1 warp bk to jueno and attemp to zone from lower to upper to finish quest ....stuck in zone /sigh

Character Arourie & Aroura

World Fenrir

4:42 pm EST and im still stuck
    (0)
    Last edited by Arourie; 05-15-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: missing info

well i used horst to tel me to LaThiene and i hit the maw and now am stuck in zone .when i log back in all i get is Error FFXI-3001
    Connection time out out what can i do. am stuck there.just keep getting Connection time out .and someone tell me what to do
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast