Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Garthbds
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    Cool this means I can switch out an axe probably for MDT axe and still average same damage taken as I never was a 100% pdt.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Has anybody tried out Ironclad's after the patch with Fatso? Wondering if his -PDT bonus for blunt is taken into account when calculating PDT cap.
    (0)

next up, phalanx stoneskin pdt nerf. Cuz getting hit for 0 is apparently a gross violation of all things holy.
    (0)

Character
    Garthbds
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    I already thought about the Giants but havn't tried it yet. I am only assuming they wouldn't be immune anymore because SE took into consideration avatars natural -pdt as well when gimping them. This would mean we are not more flexable on what atma's / gear we can equip which makes me happy.

Also side note because less is required to cap pdt noobs will have it easier with this update. lol
    (0)

I just want to know that there is an army of bst with eva and regen atmas currently monopolizing the Scorp on Ilax's server, solo.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I already thought about the Giants but havn't tried it yet. I am only assuming they wouldn't be immune anymore because SE took into consideration avatars natural -pdt as well when gimping them.
    Well, it seems like the extra 7.5% we're seeing from Stout Servant isn't considered in the new cap unless I'm mistaken?
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    Obviously some people did, though. Just because good bsts don't, doesn't mean that gimp bsts didn't.

Edit: All this update did was force the bottom tier of bsts to step up their game and learn the job better. I think everyone can agree this is a good thing.
    Obviously someone did? If you want to make statements like that, back it up!

"It happened because I said so!" Sorry, but do you have a vid of someone sitting there w/out moving? Do you have screenshots w/ timestamps?
    The only way you could be sure if someone did this is:
    A. You sat and watched them not move.
    B. You Did it yourself

you are running in logical circles
    "They are nerfing it cuz bsts afk kill NMs!"
    "Obviously someone afk killed, because they are nerfing it!"
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Obviously someone did? If you want to make statements like that, back it up!

"It happened because I said so!" Sorry, but do you have a vid of someone sitting there w/out moving? Do you have screenshots w/ timestamps?
    The only way you could be sure if someone did this is:
    A. You sat and watched them not move.
    B. You Did it yourself

you are running in logical circles
    "They are nerfing it cuz bsts afk kill NMs!"
    "Obviously someone afk killed, because they are nerfing it!"
    The logic stick is a dangerous weapon in the hands of a Xilk.
    (0)

The main issue really does come down to taking long periods of time to solo things. I'm not saying it to be pro-BST, but I do know from years of scrutiny I've seen the RDM community receive for the same reasons. Despite the overwhelming ability RDM has to solo and how many people leveled back when it was a bandwagon job, only 2-3% of the playerbase actually had the skill to solo something halfway decent, hell most couldn't solo their way out of a paperbag if you gave them half a chance. However, despite how few could actually solo worth a salt many have literally scream out Nerf against RDM for years, just for being able to "solo" that took longer than 15 minutes to kill. I know BST's have been in the same boat, and I also know as long as SE knows/thinks they can still do their job they'll give them as little as possible to do it.

But I can't help but think if these people were pushed into a position where they couldn't abuse game mechanics like with Kirin Zergs or "Zombie" (Apoc Atma) tactics, if they could really do anything halfway challenging with a moderate level of success.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    The logic stick is a dangerous weapon in the hands of a Xilk.
    Actually, I'll tone this down abit, even though the logic of the statement I was responding to was ridiculous.

I think there is a valid point hidden underneath.

The POTENTIAL for a player to do this in some rare and very limited ways DID exist.

I took the opportunity to quickly use my 100% pdt pet to gather the atma's from Emperador de altepa and Cuijatender right before the maint today.
    Cuijatender still took about 30 min to kill. w/ 7 people and my pet tanking. I went back solo just to check some measurements. There is no way a master can be w/in range to fight this NM. shucks if you have 18 members in an alliance to mitigate 64k damage spread evenly you are still getting 3.5k damage.
    So the only way a BST could take this NM on is by sending pets w/ 100% -pdt (even w/ 87.5% reduction pet will take 8k damage).. by my calculations it would take a bst over 3 hours to kill Cuijatender in the that way...

Which if anyone was stupid enough to attempt, COULD impact other players in a significant degree. The POTENTIAL for abuse was there, and that MIGHT be a justification for SE. However, I'm the first to suggest it, it seems. Which continues to imply to me that the vocal detractors really haven't touched the real reasons they find 100% -pdt so offensive.

I see the arguments as thus:

detractor: 100% -pdt is broken
    supporter: its not broken, it is comparable to the rest of abyssea (crit damage+, haste, infinite whm mp, etc.)
    detractor: Nope, its just broken (brawndo's got what the body needs!!)

I can think of plenty of things a detractor might say to follow the argument up. A real discussion, a real COMPARISON of abilities. However, I just hear the same thing repeated, along w/ "shut up about it". Ageed, there ARE "whiners" on the bst side of things as well. However, there are also several serious posters who have been addressing the isue w/ points that have valid points that have been blatantly avoided. This really discredits the detractors.

i hear the detractors trying to silence, I hear supporters trying to engage in conversation. If you don't want to hear it, you don't have to listen. I got tired of the argument and stayed away for a few days. These things all point to an ulterior motivation for many detractors.

ps.
    I"m not even sure if BST could defeat cuijatender this way, as the regen from photosynthesis might outdo the rate of damage the pet can do. It would work for Emperador de Altepa, but that would take about 1 hour, and I've never had the patience for that, because you won't get anything from the fight at all...
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast