Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Are you kidding me? It makes no sense to touch something that lets you kill a NM while afk or take 0 dmg the entire fight? Do you see NOTHING wrong with this? People who do MNK + WHM have to actually do work still... Even gimp scrubs can't do most fights that people say "mnk + whm" it still takes some degree of knowledge. Tossing an invincible pet at a NM and going afk to make a sandwich does NOT take skill and is an obvious exploit.
    How does it make no sense to you? I know because you obviously don't even know the concept being discussed in this thread!

First off you cant make bst pets invincable in abyssea, you can get -100% pdt but that is only for a hp range of about 35% AND your pet has a 25 tic DoT on it from winged gloom. a pet having -100% pdt for a few hp isnt close to how ducal was for avatars before nerf.

Tell me Draylo how can a bst go afk killing something with a so called invincable pet when it as 25 DoT on it. Lets not forget pet still receives enfeeblements and magic damage at a reduced amount.

Draylo do you even have bst leveled? seriously... lol
    (2)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Draylo is a troll from FFXIAH, just ignore him.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    How does it make no sense to you? I know because you obviously don't even know the concept being discussed in this thread!

First off you cant make bst pets invincable in abyssea, you can get -100% pdt but that is only for a hp range of about 35% AND your pet has a 25 tic DoT on it from winged gloom. a pet having -100% pdt for a few hp isnt close to how ducal was for avatars before nerf.

Tell me Draylo how can a bst go afk killing something with a so called invincable pet when it as 25 DoT on it. Lets not forget pet still receives enfeeblements and magic damage at a reduced amount.

Draylo do you even have bst leveled? seriously... lol
    You obviously have no clue what you are talking about lol...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    Draylo is a troll from FFXIAH, just ignore him.
    I'm a troll because my opinion differs from others? This was an obvious exploit because SE is fixing it. If there was nothing wrong with it WHY are they fixing it? Oh I know, because its cheap and BST's should stop failing and wasting others time.
    (2)

Have you ever thought about the fact that when i have to wait behind a group killing an NM that they waste just as much of my time as i waste theirs?

Your not actually commenting on the issue. You are trying to turn the issue into soloist vs groups. And thats not the issue. Soloists will always be around. Your not getting rid of us with just this misinformed update. The next time you get stuck behind me soloing, you should just be glad im not a rdm or dnc soloist.
    (0)

Misinformed update? You are really delusional... these are the DEVELOPERS of the freaking game that feel this is an obvious exploit, hence they are fixing it. Your opinion is invalid in the matter, its being fix regardless of what tantrum you throw in response.
    (1)

Oh quit it with the "SE is an infallable entity" routine. This is being added in the a post update update because A its easy to change and B they thought its wat people wanted because a small group of loud people QQed. It has nothing to do with right or wrong and everything to do with the customizable direction they are trying to take the game via this forums. We are all perfectly justified in voicing our dissidence.
    (1)

I heard someone mention not wanting their fate in the hands of their enemies... But it makes less sense to leave it in the hands of the people who stand to benefit from it the most.

This was an obvious exploit. It doesn't matter how long it takes too accomplish, the idea of a pet having a full Invincible status, including ~50%+ MDT as a side effect, is broken.

25hp/tic or not.

I personally hope they dont nerf it too hard, But acting like this is a perfectly acceptable option for BSTs is nothing short of delusional wishful thinking. Any BST who could not seriously see a nerf to this coming a mile away was kidding themselves.

I hate it as much as the next guy, but it was bound to happen, It was broken, it was unbelievable broken for FFXI. As i said in a previous post, far less things have been nerfed in the past, things far less "obvious" an exploit than this.

I just can't bring myself to believe, someone who has played this game for more than 3 years, Cannot see how this is an exploit and doesn't understand why its being fixed.

It boggles my mind... Especially considering all the past things fixed/nerfed that seemed far less broken.

Edit: Regardless if "SE's logic is infallible" this is an exploit, and they're fixing it. nothing you guys do here will ever change that. this is one of those fixes that is damned to remain fixed. Its sad, to every BST, But its a reality we have to accept. Rant about it, but don't sit here acting like theres no reason to nerf it
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-15-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Khaoticlight
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaoticligh View Post
    The following issues will be fixed:

Pet, Wyvern and Automaton may become invincible under certain circumstances.

... Yay for making pdt axes, hours of work camping Okupete for his chain, hours of getting leg seals, redoing my moogle hat... spending hours of building fame in grauberg... only to see we wont be able to get 100% pdt anymore...

Even though technically our pets could still die to things... and it wasn't overly abused.
    Thanks.
    Wasn't saying I disagree with the update, as someone pointed out, IF they do change it, I did see it coming a mile away. It's just disheartening. This wasn't meant to turn into people fighting each other about what's right and what's not, and if this thread continues in that direction, it's sure to be locked. I was upset yesterday, but quite frankly... we, as bsts, can still do basically any old content solo, and dynamis is kinda fun now too. Abyssea will not be as fun solo, but meh :/ it's not like we can't still kill any old Visions NM with a dipper and Cloak/dagger, same goes for a lot of the scars NMs too, and at 95, can only imagine that some heroes would be easier too~ Anyways, I just ask that we keep it lighthearted, express your distaste, but don't bash each other's point-of-views, we are all entitled to them, and should all hopefully be over 13...
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I just can't bring myself to believe, someone who has played this game for more than 3 years, Cannot see how this is an exploit and doesn't understand why its being fixed.
    It's no more of an exploit than most of the game mechanics in Abyssea when you apply the right atmas.

They had the chance to patch this out when they fixed the problem with SMN pets, why wouldn't they have "fixed" BST pets at the same time?

About the only reason I could see 100% pdt as a bug, is if SE miscounted the amount of it that could be applied to pets. I doubt that though, you can reach 70% alone with 3 atmas.

Pet, Wyvern and Automaton may become invincible under certain circumstances.
    Circumstances? Sounds more like a patch for the update to me.

And maybe I'm biased, but I guess we'll see.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast