Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Server-wide /shouts

What I'm about to write has been already mentioned in other posts, but at this point I think the topic deserves a dedicated thread.
    As we can see from latest version update and 'emergency' update planned for next week, SE is very keen on remeding city area congestion. I highly approve dispersing people from Horst and Port Jeuno MH entrance, but there is one detrimental factor in spreading players evenly in all cities.
    We need some means of communication between people who are strangers to each other, literally "Whitegate shouts" or recently "Port Jeuno shouts".
    It was pointed out on these forums that one of major reasons people stick together is to 'hear' what is going on, if there are any missions/NMs/items etc advertised that they might be interested in. Outside of WG/PJ the only feasible way of advertising player's desires to other players is looking-for-party/not-looking-for-party flag. /seacom texts are too passive and too impractical for purposes of, for example forming an AF3+1 seal farming party, selling something, buying something or teaming up for quest/mission. I know JP people use /seacom more readily to indicate what they are doing (what NM they camp, what xp spot they took etc.), but I think we need a more dynamic way of communicating with each others within zone and across zones.
    Me, and probably quite few other people would like to be able to go out fishing/crafting/solo-xp/camp-NM etc and not miss out on that RDM body AF3+1 NM shout or if someone's looking for a lv100 crafter for hire etc.
    I haven't had a RMT /tell for several months now and if Jeuno shouts get too annoying I can always filter them out etc, so, can I ask for a /shout that could reach to all the people on server? One might say, this would cause too much spam in chatlog, I would say, allow people to /servershout once per minute/serveral minutes (as has been already suggested) and allow for this to be turned off if desired.
    Or make a separate tab in chatlog window to which one could switch and see what has been shouted out recently (similar to FFXIV or other games) if one desires to do so.
    (3)

I think at least a new new region-wide chat channel would be a very good idea. Then you could sit in any of the Jeuno zones and still see all the pick up group shouts you might be interested in. Combined with abyssea warpers in more of the jeuno zones, I think this would greatly lower the congestion issues we have now.

It would also make sense elsewhere in the world. If you want to team up with someone out in the field, it would often be easy for other interested players to get to where you are if they already are in the same region. Maybe they are in the same region for the same reason as you too, but just haven't zoned to the same area that you are in yet.
    (3)

Agreed as long as we have the option to turn a filter on when it gets to be too much.
    (0)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I posted a similar thread shouts revamped
    same issue awile ago here is the thread ....
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...houts+revamped
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dissagree.
    FFXI is not WoW. We do not have nor do we have a place for channels.
    (1)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Dissagree.
    FFXI is not WoW. We do not have nor do we have a place for channels.
    i disagree with what you think. Dont say people use the sea all comment either. Unless you have a duo character or go only with friends or your ls . You will be standing there watching shouts. No way boring as hell. If they where to intoduce it you could be off skilling crafting doing quests or similar. And if you dont like it introduce a filter to take it off. People who want sit in a small zone and watch shouts...good luck to you is all I am gonna say. Plus tons games not just WoW have this implemented for that reason alone .... do you log on to watch shouts or you log on to play and be active and still be able catch stuff you need or want do ? Just a idea think of it from a diffrent angel.
    (7)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 05-15-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Character
    Mezzopiano
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    I fully support this idea. It is a pain having to sit in Port Jeuno either scanning the shouts or starting your own to get anything that's not EXP done. Also, since when is "not WoW" a justification for anything, particularly considering, as mentioned above, WoW is hardly the only MMO to use channels anyway?
    (4)
    Mezzopiano of Asura

~BLM90 SCH90 SMN90~

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Shouts are already too gongested, we dont' need more.
    Besides, one server shout and all of the PS2s would explode.
    (0)

Why would they?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Why would they?
    Because of the PS2 limitations.