Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yeah I'm not really interested in hearing more /shouts. People only have incredibly stupid things to say typically on my server when shouting.
    (0)

Character
    Garlend
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Are ps2 limitations solely based on the amount of Hard Drive space SE is allowed to use?
    (0)

No, they're based on all the system limitations. RAM is in very short supply, and the processor of the system can only handle so much. Hard drive space isn't running as dry.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Though we need to do some more testing, and we are not sure whether it would be possible yet, we are looking into the possibility of making/displaying shouts throughout multiple areas.

For example:
    If Ru’Lude Gardens/Upper Jeuno/Lower Jeuno/Port Jeuno were to be grouped together, making a shout in Ru’Lude would be heard in the other areas (Upper Jeuno/Lower Jeuno/Port Jeuno). However, this would ultimately quadruple the server load, so we will definitely need to pay close attention to this.
    To be a bit more specific, we will be looking into grouping certain areas server side so that a shout from one of the areas in that group will be heard from each of the other areas. I'm sure most people would LOVE it if each region had its own chat channel. If there's any way they can make this happen, they should.
    (0)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Try to find a way to set it up like a linkshell, you can sign on to the linkshell to view server shouts, I see no difference there than a large ls with 64 people, other than the requirement of making /sh do two things... or make it so people just cant see the shouts XD
    (1)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Kiokaiel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    One of the things I thought of was instead of linking city regions together just link the zones where the abyssea npc's are. Now that we have that option of warping around from our home nations as this is the gathering places.
    I also think you should put a time limit on players as to how often they use a global shout system to no quicker than 1 min or 3 or 5 or even 10. to 1. reduce server load and 2. reduce the number of stupid shouts.
    I like the idea of a server LS that you join for shouts and turn off as you don't need.

Thats my take on the issue. I think this does need to be looked at to help alleviate people that overcrowd a zone and cause players zoning in to be disconnected.
    (2)

Though we need to do some more testing, and we are not sure whether it would be possible yet, we are looking into the possibility of making/displaying shouts throughout multiple areas.

To be a bit more specific, we will be looking into grouping certain areas server side so that a shout from one of the areas in that group will be heard from each of the other areas.

For example:
    If Ru’Lude Gardens/Upper Jeuno/Lower Jeuno/Port Jeuno were to be grouped together, making a shout in Ru’Lude would be heard in the other areas (Upper Jeuno/Lower Jeuno/Port Jeuno). However, this would ultimately quadruple the server load, so we will definitely need to pay close attention to this.
    This sounds like a rough workaround for it, and it would still not let people hear shouts in starter towns which is good for the game (newbs seeing more activity there). Cant they add a 2nd LS type idea? (talk to an npc to get a shout LS that everyone can use that has a 5 minute spam delay).
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    You know how there was a KI you could receive that would give you a message to tell you when a ballista match was starting up? Would it be possible to potentially make "signboards" in the zones where people would normally gather. If a person is holding a certain KI, they will receive a message when a new post. Limit it to 1 post a person with maybe a 15-30 minute duration for the longevity of the message.

Possibly have it work in a strictly "keyword" sense with this like "seeking allies" "CoP" "Mission" "Red Mage" or "seeking allies" "Abyssea altepa" "Ardor stones".

I think the whole trick is trying to develop something where people from other zones don't miss out on the opportunity of a pickup group but at the same time make it so it doesn't stress out the server so much. Judging from the response of the Community Rep I would think that the above suggestion may be the proper way to create a system that would put the least amount of stress on the server.

Overall I can imagine how it would be with a "global shout" basically you have the base of the shout, then you have to send the data across all other zones. if you consider how much people spam the servers would prolly crash every 10 minutes from players just shouting nonsense across the global shout.
    This sounds an awful lot like a better /seacom system... one where you could search comments by keywords ^.^; Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to make the tools that already exist more user friendly rather than think up something completely new?
    (2)
    "We dream of the future as it passes, unnoticed, while we slumber"

Player
    We really need more than this.

Sitting around Jeuno listening to shouts is not always time well spent. Often, we're out camping an NM, or working on Trials, or at a favorite fishing spot, etc.

There need to be channels that can be heard across all zones, everywhere.
    (0)

Character
    Darkpsyko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

To be a bit more specific, we will be looking into grouping certain areas server side so that a shout from one of the areas in that group will be heard from each of the other areas.

For example:
    I think it would be good to group San d'Oria / Bastok / Windurst with Jeuno as well. People will not feel the need to stay in Jeuno if they can hear the Shout done in Jeuno in the three nations city.

What would be possible as well would be to link only the port zones from the city, where you can find abyssea npc. (except for windurst)
    (1)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast