Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Can I breathe underwater indefinitely now considering I have the lung capacity to yell across an entire multistory city? This feature sucks and I'm glad the game is being changed for wow-kiddies so we can hear people shout racist crap all over town or brag about their unimpressive achievments and put down anyone asking for help. Oh, and let's not forget the "I'm soooo high right now" garbage that I go to ru'lude to avoid in the first place.
    You say the game is being changed for wow-kiddies, yet you definitely complain like one.

I see nothing in this feature that hurts you.
    You don't like stupid shouts?
    What do you do to avoid them?
    Ignore them? Change zones? Turn off shouts?
    Guess what, it's the same easy solution to avoid stupid yells, and likely yells won't be allowed as often as shouts.

I'm glad SE attempts to implement features that help organizing groups with any means they can, considering how terrible it is to organize a group for a specific task without shouting for members. Yelling only improves that.

Seriously, grow up. It's sad that some text on your chat log is enough for you to want to idle in a different section of town as-is.
    At least give some suggestions toward the meaning of this feature, rather than QQing about the minor details that bother you personally.

On the topic of the feature itself, I'm slightly disappointed that it'll only reach the region of the Nation you're in. The goal with this feature should be to allow people to set their Home Point in their Home Nation, and see the Jeuno shouts for organizing groups. Seeing Port Jeuno shouts in other parts of Jeuno, isn't extremely beneficial. Also, making the color the same as Shout for default, will cause a LOT of confusion upon implementation.
    (10)
    Last edited by Kari; 07-02-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This is a good idea which is long overdue. However, bazaars were also a good idea, and those are largely abused to the point where I hate browsing them. 90% of the bazaars I've seen lately have nothing but items listed for the maximum amount. A similar thing will happen with yells. They'll be abused by players who care more about expressing themselves than they care about how much time you waste trying to find what you're looking for.

It will still be useful to many people, I imagine, but it probably won't be long before I filter the channel out so I stop getting spam about what some random newb ate for breakfast.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Please add a separate filter for Yell
    Why wouldn't there be one? SE isn't TOTALLY stupid, you know?

A city-wide chat channel is long overdue. This way people don't all have to cram in the same area or repeat shouts in every area in order for people to see them.

Be sure to add yell support between Whitegate and Al Zhabi as well.

I'm fine with yells only being within the city you're in, but I think it should simply be active within whatever region you're in, city or no.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-02-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Don't like what someone is /shouting or /yelling about? Someone hell bent on spamming obscenities or other random crap that tick you off? Don't want to leave the zone you're in just to have peace of mind?

/blacklist the player(s), and have some chill time. The world is now back under control for ya.

All the tools are there to filter out stuff, so I still to this day can never understand the hissy fits folks have about such a thing. I'm interested to see how it goes, but I still say they could have altered/tweaked the "Search Comment" functionality to achieve world wide communication without the hassles of worrying about the server strain so much. It already has built in channels that would be easily adjustable if we could use a /Seacomshout (subject) command. Glad to see the Devs making the effort, but if this "/yell" business doesn't work out as planned, target the Seacom system next. ^^
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Why wouldn't there be one? SE isn't TOTALLY stupid, you know?
    The post made it sound like a rush-job that might come out in the same "channel" as /shout, hence the same color text that he mentions. If it's in the same "channel" then it might not be uniquely blockable. There are times when I want to hear shouts, but there are also times when I go hide in Upper Jeuno so I don't have to see shouts. I'd rather not have to go change my filter setting every time I move zones.
    (1)

Character
    Norym
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Mocchi needs to check his e-mail and messages.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    /blacklist the player(s), and have some chill time. The world is now back under control for ya.
    Problem is, this is not a viable soloution. You have now just given licence to the person to say what ever they want behind your back, only now it's right in front of your face and you can't see it.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Problem is, this is not a viable soloution. You have now just given licence to the person to say what ever they want behind your back, only now it's right in front of your face and you can't see it.
    -------------
    But why would you care about what someone that you've already determined as being "annoying" is saying behind your back? If they've successfully made it onto your /blacklist, you should just leave'em (along with your cares about them) to the wind.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    -------------
    But why would you care about what someone that you've already determined as being "annoying" is saying behind your back? If they've successfully made it onto your /blacklist, you should just leave'em (along with your cares about them) to the wind.
    Any number of reasons up to and including slander of your name without you even knowing it.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Any number of reasons up to and including slander of your name without you even knowing it.
    -----------
    lol Slander? Like name calling? Are you telling them that you've in fact /blacklisted them 1st before doing it? Again, why would you care? If they're a kid brain player, let'em go nuts with the dribble talk. They'll wear themselves out eventually.
    (5)

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast