The VNM system in Abyssea is perfectly fine the way it is, the problem lies with Vana'Diel VNMs. Currently it's very hard to get help to do these VNM. Nobody wants to help others unless forced to by their Linkshell for several factors:

1) Tier II VNMs are annoying to hunt because there can be two different Tier II's in each zone. If you are low manning this, it could be a problem because some VNMs can be solo or duo'd while others require more people. So you might be in a small group hunting Shoggoth and instead get Lamprey Lord and get destroyed by it.

2) The change rate of Colorful Abyssite to [Insert Color] Abyssite is abyssmal compared to the change rate of Colorful Demilune Abyssite.

3) Tier III VNMs drop items for Magian Trials for "Occasionally Attacks Twice" weapons. I've done 3 Blobdingnags over the past few weeks and even with a THF, he only drops 0-2 of these, most times 1, and twice he's dropped 0. Please make Tier III VNMs drop AT LEAST 1 and up to 3 or 4 of these similar . It's frustrating farming the Tier III and waiting hours for it to respawn to get nothing useful from it for my trial. This further discourages people from helping me kill it again.

4) Why do some spawn without a title, have inferior drops and grant no title? Tier IIIs take hours to respawn and it just adds insult to injury.

Please consider altering the Vana'Diel VNM system to be more friendly like the Abyssea VNM system. Let us be able to discern whcih Tier 2 we're chasing, increase the change rate from Colorful to Colored abyssite and increase the drop potential of Trial of Magian items. Getting 10 Baby Blobdingnags has been reall difficult for me and I know people who have completed several Empyrean weapons in the time its taken to complete this trial(Killing 300 puks and 400 lizards with a 40 dmg Lance with 492 delay took almost 2.5 weeks).