Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    only Body +2 SCH that's better than BLM in term of nuking.
    BLM got the whole Empyrean set for nuking when SCH got 3-4 pieces Empyrean for nuking.

If you concern nuking between sch and blm .. I think SE pretty good to keep gap between 2 jobs at the moment.

Fast cast is super advantage for BLM now. not even count on Enmity Douse and Mana Wall.
    (Mana wall >> Aspir >> Aspir II >> Convert and use blm earring DT 30%) that's a little tanky there.

Single nuke BLM still win and the whole fight BLM still win for being able to nuke more before getting hate.

I play both jobs and I kinda disappointed by SCH Empyrean set.

Note : If you compare piece by piece RDM Empyrean come best in term of nuking on Head and legs part.
    (0)
    Last edited by Momotarotaru; 05-22-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I don't disagree with BLM as the nuker over SCH, but you must remember they had to be careful with SCH and it's nukes, +2 hat and Ebullience gives a straight 30% increase, that's the finished product of the ToM staff, so imagine the power with both. Too much nuking power would ruin the balance again like it used to be.
    (0)

Inside abyssea: @90, BLM gets Bliz 5, SCH does not. BLM gets freeze 2, SCH does not. Atma of the Beyond.

@99 (so SE say): BLM gets Meteor, SCH does not.

@95: It could be close^^ we will have to see.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Inside abyssea: @90, BLM gets Bliz 5, SCH does not. BLM gets freeze 2, SCH does not. Atma of the Beyond.

@99 (so SE say): BLM gets Meteor, SCH does not.

@95: It could be close^^ we will have to see.
    Freeze II along with the whole tier II and I line of AM is a joke, their only use now is to trigger weakness, Blizzard V costs less than Freeze II and deals a lot more damage than it, it's only use in magic burst is mostly non-existent now DD's no longer care to SkillChain.

Blizzard V is coming to SCH along with most likely Thunder V in the next level cap increase, so the margin is even smaller, Meteor as far as we know and the 'JA line is the only thing separating them magically, the 'JA like while no doubt good just like 'GA is a dangerous, and limiting spell line, with Meteor likely going to be AoE the same will apply to that spell.

The eAF for BLM however knocks the magical damage difference HUGELY and rightly so favouring BLM. Talking as we head to 99, the Dev's have already said that they have no plans to do any other areas for Abyssea so we'll be heading back outside where ATMA and such is no longer around. If SE are not careful SCH could once more be equal with BLM which should not happen. Without a doubt SCH will once more reign supreme over being able to cast more spells than BLM in their MP pool, Refresh gear for BLM or not.

PS. Magic Attack Bonus caps, so it comes to a point where more will add little to no damage onto spells, and there is plenty of ATMA for other elements like Beyond with "(element)Damage+ Major."
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 05-29-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    BLM gets 2 mp/tic refresh on af3 body while SCH only gets 1 >_<. Rest of SCH af3 is pretty meh for nuking. Feet are nice but that's about it.

I pretty much use atma of the gales when i'm nuking on SCH.

Is there evidence that MAB caps at '50%' (what does this even mean?). I thought I saw some tests that brew gives like +900 MAB or something crazy.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    BLM gets 2 mp/tic refresh on af3 body while SCH only gets 1 >_<. Rest of SCH af3 is pretty meh for nuking. Feet are nice but that's about it.

I pretty much use atma of the gales when i'm nuking on SCH.

Is there evidence that MAB caps at '50%' (what does this even mean?). I thought I saw some tests that brew gives like +900 MAB or something crazy.
    Sublimation SCH main is over-powered, it's why SE only gave 1MP/tic on the body, I believe with all the gear you get ~300 MP back in around 2 minutes, 2MP is only 80MP in the same time. (I'll be honest not been on SCH much recently, mostly WHM so I can't say that's 100% right)

It caps to a point INT is better to use than MAB apparently. (Or so I've read)

Brew gives you 90%-DT I believe, so it breaks the natural cap, it can be assumed Brew does the same for MAB.

Feet, Hat and Body is good for nuking, so only 2 parts are "meh"
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 05-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Sublimation SCH main is over-powered, it's why SE only gave 1MP/tic on the body, I believe with all the gear you get ~300 MP back in around 2 minutes, 2MP is only 80MP in the same time. (I'll be honest not been on SCH much recently, mostly WHM so I can't say that's 100% right)

It caps to a point INT is better to use than MAB apparently. (Or so I've read)

Brew gives you 90%-DT I believe, so it breaks the natural cap, it can be assumed Brew does the same for MAB.

Feet, Hat and Body is good for nuking, so only 2 parts are "meh"
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...g_Magic_Damage

In general, when 2 things are multiplied together increasing the lower one will be better than increasing the higher one. (I started to add a bunch of complicated math here but decided against it) 1 MAB will generally always be a better bet than 1 INT.

Was it confirmed that brew = -90% DT? I'd like to see those tests. I just assumed mob did crap damage because you have 999 vit and (presumably) an extra ~400 defense to go along with it.

RDM gets +2/tic refresh on their af3 body while having acces to refresh2, which is similar to sublimation.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...g_Magic_Damage

In general, when 2 things are multiplied together increasing the lower one will be better than increasing the higher one. (I started to add a bunch of complicated math here but decided against it) 1 MAB will generally always be a better bet than 1 INT.

Was it confirmed that brew = -90% DT? I'd like to see those tests. I just assumed mob did crap damage because you have 999 vit and (presumably) an extra ~400 defense to go along with it.

RDM gets +2/tic refresh on their af3 body while having acces to refresh2, which is similar to sublimation.
    I don't know if tests were done to be honest, I just read it on Wiki at: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Transcendency - While I know Wiki can of course be wrong, I've seen it mentioned on other sites as well so I'd assume some sort of test was done, I just couldn't find it for you. Sorry!

I believe RDM beats SCH's Sublimation. +2 Trousers gives 7MP when you use Refresh II, +2 refresh for the body makes it 9mp/tic, and of course Composure being the best increase.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 05-29-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Freeze II along with the whole tier II and I line of AM is a joke, their only use now is to trigger weakness, Blizzard V costs less than Freeze II and deals a lot more damage than it, it's only use in magic burst is mostly non-existent now DD's no longer care to SkillChain.
    #1 you can't trigger weakness with AM2. A good job really, since most people don't merit them all.

#2 good for you for only nuking with Bliz 5, then sitting around with your thumb up your @rse until timer is up. Personally, I'll Bliz 5 > Freeze 2 > Bliz 5 > Aspirs/Drain as required. More so when killing stuff for azure. Bliz 5 can kill a mob from ~90%, freeze 2 can kill it from ~80%, and generally the melee(s) have it below 80% by the time either spell hits so it's only the mp issue between them, which is only an issue when not /rdm (ie /brd for procs).

Talking as we head to 99, the Dev's have already said that they have no plans to do any other areas for Abyssea so we'll be heading back outside where ATMA and such is no longer around.
    Yeah, give us another 9 levels and we'll be too high for abyssea zones! Just like when we went from 80 to 90 we're now too high for Abby Tahrongi/Konschat/La Theine.

Thanks for responding to posts when you don't know what you're talking about, Daniel^^
    (0)

10. 05-30-2011 01:10 AM
    Reason
    Nevermind, not worth the bother.

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It seems to 'cap' at +899 MAB which you'll never get anywhere near unless you use a brew. Dunno who's suggesting it's 50%(50 MAB?) but that would just be stupid seeing as BLM already gets 36 just from job traits.

1 MAB will always increase your damage more than 1 INT will no matter how much MAB you already have. If anything adding INT is worse in Abyssea since dINT will be already capped on everything you fight.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast