Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dynamis - Abyssea (Or weakness targetting.)

Ok, so, having been to two post-update dynamis zones now to see the new system I find it to be rather... bizarre. I understand that (hopefully) this will be explained in more detail by the hourglass goblins in the next update or so but I still don't understand the basics around the entire weakness system.

From what I've heard, weaknesses are directly linked to currency, and I've seen a few posts where people have been going in with a single party, triggering, and coming out with just below 100 1cc, and maybe 2+ 100cc from NMs, fair enough it could be an... interesting way to compensate the whole "24 hour" business.

However, in terms of triggering some people seem to state that some magic or abilities create a stagger that isn't associated with the category it's supposed to lie in. For example, Flash, a light element spell that has been seen to trigger yellow in Dynamis, yet Holy, another light element spell, and Dispel, dark element, have both been seen to trigger red.

Is it safe to assume that perhaps either...
    1. The system has not been working as intended? (Most unlikely perhaps, just speculation.)
    2. Staggering is just a general thing in Dynamis, and is not linked to different instances (Yellow for currency, red for gear, I haven't seen blue mentioned yet.)
    3. Each mob handles weaknesses differently.

I know it's a bit too early to mention about this, and testimonies have been posted around concerning what triggers what and stuff but I'm still a little curious.

Anyone have any opinion or info on the matter?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Wait, where is this? I didn't see any weakness triggers when I was in there.
    Dose our Discernment help? ^^
    (0)

Discernment does not seem to work with discovering the weaknesses, no one has been given any hints. ;;

I picked up some of the info from bluegartr, which is also from ffxiah, one of the posts had this to say.

We found a way to nearly always proc in dynamis. We don't know what the conditions are for this, however.

The following moves are 100% confirmed to proc red OR yellow. We saw no blue.

Zone: Dynamis-Bastok

Earth Shot - Red
    Light Shot - Red
    Stun - Yellow
    Provoke - Yellow and Red
    Shadow of Death - Yellow
    Flash - Yellow
    Holy - Red
    Red Lotus Blade - Red
    Numbing Shot - Red
    Dispel - Red
    Sanguine Blade - Red
    Banish II - Red
    Blind II - Red
    Ground Strike - Red

We entered on Darksday, which would fit a light-fire-dark pattern.
    But there were some odd-ball spells or abilities.

Provoke counted for 2 different procs on different NMs. Perhaps other conditions affect it.

Procing GREATLY increases currency yeild.
    It's neat, since it sort of answers one of my concerns, but the weird one I don't get is how most of them don't follow the whole yellow is magic and red is something else. :S

Edit: I originally said day pattern, didn't mean to sorry!
    (0)
    Last edited by Rakien; 05-13-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Rakien the TaruTaru, Windurst, Quetzacoatl.
    Fun, fun, fun! In the sun, sun, sun!

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dose that mean you can only voke once or you'll ruin the proc?
    (0)

It seems you only need to do it once, and it does not need to be clean for a chance of it working.
    (0)
    Rakien the TaruTaru, Windurst, Quetzacoatl.
    Fun, fun, fun! In the sun, sun, sun!

Player
    The procing baloney in Dynamis needs to stop, or they might as well just bring in the atma, the lights, and everything else too and let us proceed as if it were true Abyssea in Dynamis zones.

Could make a storyline out of it that Shinryu has corrupted Diabolos' dreamworld, but that's probably thinking too much for Square-Enix and most of the players.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Knowing SE, they won't explain it ever. And unlike Abyssea, which was spammed by countless people as much as they could, not many people do Dynamis anymore. So it will be quite a while before people figure it out completely. So far I find it very distracting, I thought the update would make it lowman-friendly, because it was hard to find people for the event. However, to get anything at all done, you will need several jobs again, to hit the right staggers (that's a few months from now, when people have actually figured out the appropriate stagger abilities). Somehow it feels that instead of reviving the event, they killed it even more.

On topic, I've seen blue triggered by Hydro Breath (twice), on a normal mob too. Don't know the day we entered though.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    WTF!!! procs in dynamis? what a [Garlaige Citadel]!!!! ¬¬ btw i been soloing in Dynamis - Jeuno and in one hour runs (3 atm) i had receive just AF (SAM feet, DNC feet, BRD legs, RDM legs), a relic (Relic Satff) and a Goblin Grease, as far as i read here, I can recall that no DRG elemental ws proc T.T
    (0)

Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Dynamis will be revived... if the NEW NMS drop NEW GEAR, there are several new NMs that are hard for even 10 level 90s to kill. We spawned 3 in dynamis windy with 2 WHMs 1 RDM 2 BLMs a THF a NIN a BLU WAR SMN and a DRG and the NMs were stronger then most abyssea NMs. I heard they drop new gear, but I don't know if this is true since I haven't killed them yet.

All are spawned by trading the following items to a "???" outside the following locations.

Odious Necklace - a SMN NM located outside of the old "House of Death" that can use Astral flow multiple times and summons random avatar to assist it right off the bat

Odius Quipu - Spawns a NM at heavens tower entrence, I think a PLD NM but I could be wrong, ran out of time before I could see 2hr.

Odius Holy Water - Spawns NM i think outside House of the hero, haven't used this item yet.

Odius Feather - Spawns a WHM/WAR NM, casts holy 2 Banishga 3 Banish 4 and so on, Spells are weak but the NM itself can hit level 90 NIN for over 400dmg Uses Mighty Strikes Multiple times.

All these NMs can oneshot mages, have high accuracy and are stronger then most abyssea NMs,

All pop items were obtained from normal Yagudo in the area surrounding the House of death, heavens tower and all the way up to house of the hero.

I heard they drop new gear, but we'll have to see.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Could make a storyline out of it that Shinryu has corrupted Diabolos' dreamworld
    Well since Shin is Promathia(OMG I spoiled it for people!!!!!), it could happen. lol
    Plus, it already is corrupting otehr worlds(VNMs).
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast