Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75

Adventuring Fellow - Aht Urhgan

So I called out my NPC at the Rendezvous Point in Whitegate and noticed she didn't have town specific dialogue as in the other areas.
    Can we get a little something for aht urhgan? Maybe them saying something about Sutlac or trying out the cilbir?

More importantly, I wanna see Aht Urhgan gear available for NPC's! That'd be kick ass!
    I use the NPC all the time and would like it if we matched a little more on the eastern gear. Perhaps increase the armor tiers a few more levels to put our adventuring fellow points to use.

Let me know what you think

Freestyle: Sha'ir set
    Mage: Iqgira set
    Light: Jaridah set
    Heavy: Sipahi set

Or maybe even some of that cool synergy armor that nobody but a select few seem to really like/use!

Freestyle: Furia Talar set
    Mage: Furia Coat set
    Light: Furia Jerkin set
    Heavy: Furia Haubert set
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I was gravely disappointed that there was no cut scene upon zoning into whitegate after the may 10, 2011 update. Even worse was the simple fact that i was able to just summon my npc in the Aht Urhgan areas. In order to gain access to WOTG areas with my npc i had to get a cs first, informing me that my fellow now had access to these areas and included short but lovable story. I feel sorely disappointed in the Aht Urhgan fellow transition, not to mention the lame magian trials for the level increase for myself and my npc. What happened to the adventure of go here and get this usuless key item and go talk to this npc, etc. Now its just, trade me kindred crests and some merit points, here you go easy button with no substance- and you say enjoy. I love FFxi and that is why I am so hurt by the lack of developement in story and quests for things of importance like npc and my level cap. Addtionally, i notice that my mules npc which is noob and not much xp past 30 yet alone having completed quests to extend its time, seems to stay out almost as long as my npc on my main which is capped at 70 for xp and quests and now has limit brak to 80. I counted 40+ mobs killed on one run with a signal peral on the mule, yet my mains npc which has capped time didnt seem to be out that much longer. I would expect a capped npc on time to stay out for hours longer than some noobs npc, what was the purpose of all the work i put into my npc in the first place if others are given a free pass. I hate to complain, i like the direction SE is going and i hope they are holding out for a final endgame/add-on and I am excited for the new direction but we need more storyline, better level cap quests (no magain please its garbage easy button substitue, i got enough magain trials to deal with for empyrean and staves trails and hopefully relic and mythic in the near future) for myself and npc. Im not asking for much, just a GM to occasional warp in and buff my pt while saying "the worlds gonna end" and warp out ^^.
    (3)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 05-13-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    I was gravely disappointed that there was no cut scene upon zoning into whitegate after the may 10, 2011 update. Even worse was the simple fact that i was able to just summon my npc in the Aht Urhgan areas. In order to gain access to WOTG areas with my npc i had to get a cs first, informing me that my fellow now had access to these areas and included short but lovable story. I feel sorely disappointed in the Aht Urhgan fellow transition, not to mention the lame magian trials for the level increase for myself and my npc. What happened to the adventure of go here and get this usuless key item and go talk to this npc, etc. Now its just, trade me kindred crests and some merit points, here you go easy button with no substance- and you say enjoy. I love FFxi and that is why I am so hurt by the lack of developement in story and quests for things of importance like npc and my level cap. Addtionally, i notice that my mules npc which is noob and not much xp past 30 yet alone having completed quests to extend its time, seems to stay out almost as long as my npc on my main which is capped at 70 for xp and quests and now has limit brak to 80. I counted 40+ mobs killed on one run with a signal peral on the mule, yet my mains npc which has capped time didnt seem to be out that much longer. I would expect a capped npc on time to stay out for hours longer than some noobs npc, what was the purpose of all the work i put into my npc in the first place if others are given a free pass. I hate to complain, i like the direction SE is going and i hope they are holding out for a final endgame/add-on and I am excited for the new direction but we need more storyline, better level cap quests (no magain please its garbage easy button substitue, i got enough magain trials to deal with for empyrean and staves trails and hopefully relic and mythic in the near future) for myself and npc. Im not asking for much, just a GM to occasional warp in and buff my pt while saying "the worlds gonna end" and warp out ^^.
    Amen good sir. Srsly give us another BCNM fight "rematch" against our npc or something instead of magian trial.
    How about a Maat+NPC tag team? or Maat fusion with Bahamut to make Bahamaat or something.
    (0)

At least they added a Storyline to the "Magian Level cap' NPC stuff, Including Luto. It could have been much worse, At least your NPC actively participated in the cutscene, and there was unique chat before the trial and after.

Plus, By level 99 (OMG, We're going to be 99? So are our NPCS? GET OUT OF TOWN), We may have our "Rematch". No one knows. Personally, I'd hate it if we had to rematch our NPC for every cap, It was fun the first time, but if we continue to do it, It'll be played out.

That being said, I do wish there was some small chat/cutscene for Aht Urghan, Shame theres not, But this could have been a lot worse.

----------------------------------------

On topic more, I was hoping we could see new Armors for our NPCS, Some time soon at least. I would settle for "Summon NPC in Full Empyrean +1/+2 Gear, and NPC is called Wearing it too".

Though, Further upgrades normally would be nice, The Aht Urghan sets you listed would be nice. However, If they got the Aptant gear, Would be nice if it would be the ebur Version, Kinda like the White better than red or black.
    (0)

NPC dinged 71 on a trial I was doing...stuck around for a total of 100 kills over roughly a two hour time frame. May have been longer, not sure (took a "break" to eat...just kept sicking my pet on EP mobs and let it beat them down while I ate). But it was a hard limit of 100...she asked to make the next oppenent her last and I checked her for kill count and it was 99.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Would be nice if it would be the ebur Version, Kinda like the White better than red or black.
    Took me a while to settle for wanting the Red Gear.
    The white version of gear is actually hard to get (Ebur Pigment drops off of Oupire, a Ruszor NM, and an Amphitpherephoeresresewr (spelling) NM). Having a full set means fighting them each time for every piece.
    The black version is the base set, but it also looks like those abyssea rip offs of the aptant gear.
    Red pigment drops off Pixie NMs which are a lot more manageable (weaker) than the Vampyr, Ruszor, or giant winged beast.
    Just slightly biased against the white because I hold it up there with Pahluwan and Amir (don't want NPCs in Serpent General Gear for example).

So long as it's not the black aptant gear that abyssea ruined, I'll be ok with either red or white.
    (0)