Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Response To the recent DRK updates.

From 75->90 the additions to DRK have been very disappointing.

Occult Acumen = This was kinda nice but DRK really has no Niche in casting and the Drains (DRKs main DMG spells) give very low tp returns making this abilty useful for nothing...
    imo if it was based on casting time and effected absorb spells (not inc. tp) then it would of been a great addition and would make up for the loss of tp from casting.

Critical Attack Bonus = This was definty a postive addtion but since DRK doesn't have crit ws it really didn't fit the job the better addtion would of been a dmg bonus to WS like overwhelm rather than this or an abilty that allow our WS to crit.

Tactical Parry = This could be removed from the job unless ur turning DRK into a tank or solo job in the future this addition was terrible, when this was added it felt SE gave up on drk.

Attack bonus V and Endark = Were decent additions to DRk and fitted the job well thx.

Teir III spell = maybe it was to be intended to be used with Occult Acumen but the mp cost is too much and the dmg too low in other words it just seems pointless.

I did read that you wanted DRK to use magic more and increase it mp recovery but until you add some way for DRK to boost the physical dmg with magic or give DRK some high dmg high tp return spells and maybe increase there defensive prowess combined with a way to recover there mp without it being a pain (an abilty to covert ws dmg to mp???)

Either way i'd rather see more effort put into stuff like occult acumen so it's useful for DRK rather than TIII spell, Tactical parry and crit dmg boost.
    (0)

Character
    Siros
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I disagree. Tactical Parry is awesome for damage dealing if u sub Sam an sekkonoki with meditate an absorb tp.And Crit attack is nice too.

But i do agree that teir 3 spells were a fucking joke and a complete waste.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siros View Post
    I disagree. Tactical Parry is awesome for damage dealing if u sub Sam an sekkonoki with meditate an absorb tp.And Crit attack is nice too.

But i do agree that teir 3 spells were a fucking joke and a complete waste.

I couldn't read after I saw "Tactical Parry is awesome."
    (0)

They are giving DRK updates that follow the jobs traits in past versions of Final Fantasy.

DRK has always been a Hybrid WAR with BLM traits, which is very conflicting and difficult to be original other then giving exclusive Scythe/Great Sword WS.

There is not much left for DRK in terms of upgrades, it has all the original abilities and traits, all they could do really for the job currently is give it a MAB + triat and more INT over STR in the up coming levels to give it the balance its lacking.
    (0)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Not really, theres plenty they can still do for DRK. A lot of the past FF's had a point of making DRK's abilities consume HP for dmg. There is only one ability in the game for this, Souleater. They can expand on this while also working on different types of spells. Take some from FFT, the dark knights could use abilities that drained MP HP, inflicted stop etc. There are plenty of things they can do.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    They are giving DRK updates that follow the jobs traits in past versions of Final Fantasy.

DRK has always been a Hybrid WAR with BLM traits, which is very conflicting and difficult to be original other then giving exclusive Scythe/Great Sword WS.

There is not much left for DRK in terms of upgrades, it has all the original abilities and traits, all they could do really for the job currently is give it a MAB + triat and more INT over STR in the up coming levels to give it the balance its lacking.
    Since when is a FFXI Dark Knight supposed to mimic other Final Fantasy games? If that were the case, we'd have that broken move Gafgarion has in Tactics.

High damage with dark magic that helps aid us deal that damage. Leave the elemental magic to the Black Mages.
    (0)

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    To be honest 60-70% of darks magic spells are useless in abyssea. Until they fix that they may aswell remove our mp.
    (0)

When it comes to the Job Abilities and Traits they added, I wasn't that impressed. Of course I'm a bit distracted by the 'oh hey, that Shinryu fight scythe would be fun to be charmed why wielding' thoughts from my mind.

That trait that gives TP for damage from spells is nifty, but it could be a little more. Maybe having gear that notedly boosts that so it is more worthwhile casting those Tier III elemental spells, hmmm? Something that augments it to add bonus TP based on the MP cost of the spell? Can't stop from dreaming.

The one that boosted the Drain/Aspir was nice, especially when paired with Drain II. Gave me Abyssea like health in the non-abby zones when lucky~. Now if only Aspir II boosted Max MP... I am enjoying that spell none-the-less.

I am a bit... awed by the damage output of others compared to me, though. Maybe it's just my imagination.

I'd actually like for them to add the following when it comes to this job...

Darkness: Job Ability -> Expend HP to Deal Non-Elemental or Dark Elemental Damage to a Foe/Foes.
    * The only issue with this is Dark resistant foes, such as Antica and the like. But it'd be a neat novelty from the old days.
    * Could make it where it gives a decent TP boost comparative to the damage dealt.

Dark: Spell Line -> like elemental spells but Dark Elemental Damage. (FFXII Dark, Darkra, Darkga spells pretty much)
    * Holy/Light gets Banish, why not Dark with it's own spell line. Maybe Dark KNight could be the only one to have them, too...

Another idea is dealing with maybe some sort of Job Ability that increases attack damage proportionately to how low your health is. Make it last at least as long as Soul Eater and if paired with it, would probably make for some powerful strikes. ...And probably some unhappy MP levels on the WHMs who have to raise.
    (0)
    Last edited by ch405; 03-11-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: more stuff about original topic than just going off on my own whim

Character
    Levitica
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ch405 View Post
    I am a bit... awed by the damage output of others compared to me, though. Maybe it's just my imagination.
    It's not your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by ch405 View Post
    Darkness: Job Ability -> Expend HP to Deal Non-Elemental or Dark Elemental Damage to a Foe/Foes.
    * The only issue with this is Dark resistant foes, such as Antica and the like. But it'd be a neat novelty from the old days.
    * Could make it where it gives a decent TP boost comparative to the damage dealt.

Dark: Spell Line -> like elemental spells but Dark Elemental Damage. (FFXII Dark, Darkra, Darkga spells pretty much)
    * Holy/Light gets Banish, why not Dark with it's own spell line. Maybe Dark KNight could be the only one to have them, too...
    I'd like it to be similar to the Darkness ability found in FFX-2: non-magic, non-physical, non-elemental damage.

The Dark spell line would be nifty, but they may think that drain covers that; minus Drainga.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Levitica View Post
    It's not your imagination.

I'd like it to be similar to the Darkness ability found in FFX-2: non-magic, non-physical, non-elemental damage.

The Dark spell line would be nifty, but they may think that drain covers that; minus Drainga.
    Don't they have that in the Twilight Scythe?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast