Hybrid View

Character
    Keade
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

Bounty Shot

So, got my first chance to mess with Bounty Shot today.

With af3+2 gloves equiped, opening with Bounty Shot gives TH3 (or what the message says anyway). The update notes say "occasionally" enhances TH from a Thief, i was just curious if anyone has managed to upgrade TH from a Thief yet?

I was trying on a few pops when we were building Alfard KI's. Fired about 15 Bounty Shots and not once was i able to add another tier of TH to it, received the message "Has no effect" like we did before the update and we tried to use Bounty Shot.

Has anyone been able to upgrade TH from a Thief at all? A screenshot would be awsome. Will probably leave this open for us Rangers for a week or so before submitting a formal bug report about it. Ofcourse it could just be a stupidly low % increase.

Post away \o/
    (0)

Yes, couple of linkshell mates and I killed about 5-6 Titlacauan with a TH4 THF. Keeping a watchful eye out there were more than several occasions I would start off with TH3 then jump to TH5, 6, or 7.

Quick Edit: I've heard a few people say they couldn't get TH past 7 with Bounty Shot, nor do I know if any TH gear or TH traits will stack with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Swords; 05-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Hmmm, very very useful.. looks like I'll be needing to +2 them gloves.

I tried Bounty Shot as well and Could not stack past TH2.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Keade
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Did a test today solo, albeit not a very long one. Managed to get up to TH5 with Bounty Shot before it started to miss. After that i couldnt get it to increase, but i only tried about 5 more times.

Edit: I also tried /Thf, with AF3+2 hands, it still started out as TH3
    (0)
    Last edited by Keade; 05-13-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Character
    Maeldiar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    i went to time up while ls started to kill a glavoid. we had a thf and i was running back and bounty shot it and it th effect rose to 8
    (0)

Character
    Keade
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    i went to time up while ls started to kill a glavoid. we had a thf and i was running back and bounty shot it and it th effect rose to 8
    nice, atleast we know it CAN increase on a Thf, it probably just has a very low change.

In this case, i think i would have prefered a buff version of Bounty Shot.
    Example, you use Bounty Shot, and for 1 minute, your ranged attacks have a change to place, or increase TH effect on a target.

If it had been this way, there wouldnt have been a need to change the recast timer, but ah well, i'm not going to complain about it really
    Thanks for the info guys
    (0)

What im curious about though is has anyone tried to use any TH+ gear to see if it starts off the bounty shot on a higher level. (Though I think the only thing RNG can use is that one atma and the augmented Tarutaru sash.)
    (0)

Character
    Keade
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I honestly doubt it would =\, Ive tried Bounty Shot as Rng/sam, started as TH3. I then tried it as Rng/thf (giving me Treasure Hunter) make no difference, still started as TH3. But, with a little luck, we might see some more Bounty Shot+ gear, some gear that just enhances the % chance you have to increase the TH would be decent enough.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Keade View Post
    I honestly doubt it would =\, Ive tried Bounty Shot as Rng/sam, started as TH3. I then tried it as Rng/thf (giving me Treasure Hunter) make no difference, still started as TH3. But, with a little luck, we might see some more Bounty Shot+ gear, some gear that just enhances the % chance you have to increase the TH would be decent enough.
    This is because the highest version of TH will always take effect and overwrite the weaker one. It seems RNG can now start with TH3 on its own. If this is the case, TH2 from /THF won't do anything for you.

Whether you can increase your base effect with +TH stuff should be easy enough to test. If you have the + 1TH augmented tarutaru sash or TH atma. Even now with all the superkupowers giving TH in the old zones you can test it easily there.

I think it probbaly will raise base effectiveness with enhanced + TH effects.
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Two days ago while killing Chesma for my last VNM for my bow I noticed that I raised the TH from DipperYuly. Usually when no one else is putting TH on it I can start off with TH2 but when Dipper was on it and I used bounty Shot for the first time it Raised to TH4.

So, I guess Dipper's TH also works with BS.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast