Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

WTH Weaponskill Damage

Before the level cap increase, at 75 with ebow, and Kab arrows I was doing 2-2.5k sidewinders on IT mobs everytime.

I took my new 90 ranger with vision bow, half decent gear into Abyessa with RR,SA,GH on and I cannot break 2k with sidewinder, ref. or Arching.

Ok, what am I doing wrong, how can you do less dmg with higher dmg weapons, better gear, and buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Those "IT" mobs you're referring to were probably colibris, who are incredibly squishy and take extra piercing damage.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    My ranger puppet in abyessa and outside does twice as much dmg with its WS as my ranger can do. Has ranger fallen that much?
    (0)

I don't know much about RNG, But i think Arching Arrow is the only Critical hit Ranged WS?

Yah, I'm sorry i can't help much, I don't know the best Atmas for RNG, I would have guessed VV/GH/something but yah, shows how much i know about RNG.

Go shoot some Colibri in Abyssea-Mis and tell me if those seem like familiar numbers.
    (0)

Im pretty confident the Dead Aim ranged crit boost isnt working on WS (not that it matters for slugwinder)
    (0)

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Im pretty confident the Dead Aim ranged crit boost isnt working on WS (not that it matters for slugwinder)
    hmm... my jishnu's seem right w/ inside vs. outside, but if it's broken across the board, then i'm not getting the bonus in either situation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Martinius; 05-28-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Character
    Saelae
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    It's not, at least on Arching Arrow. The testing I did before I submitted the bug report was under very controlled conditions (capped r.att, capped fSTR2, no True Shot) Arching Arrow crits did exactly 1.25x damage of a normal hit, just as they would have before the update.
    (2)

Thanks for the confirmation Saelae. Now we need either: A moderator or SE rep to read this and forward on the problem, or more people to submit a bug report.
    (1)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I really thought i was seeing things when my jishnu's should have been atleast doing the same amount of normal mob ranged crit damage x3 or better. Maybe i don't get the math on ranger but some things look weird.
    (0)