Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1861
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzone View Post
    Well a last answer for today becouse you asked nice instead of flaming like the others.
    Sure that person will do then a good job and you cant see the difference later, but still he got to 90 by leeching, and thats not right, why making so much levels in a game with so huge exp differences if then just open chests and get up multiple levels.
    Then why even bothering with levels? Why not removing all levels and turn a MMORPG into an Action adventure.
    Becouse if you can get with no risk to level 90 it is like you whould start the game with level 90.
    In every RPG you need to desserve the levels by leveling up slowly.
    Morrowind, Gothic, Breath od Fire, Wild Arms, Suikoden, Two Worlds....
    Thats the main meening of a RPG. If you can get as quick to 90 as you can do it in Abyssea its no more a RPG, its just a Action Adventure/Hack n slash. Its like Playing Tomb Raider and collecting gems and guns to get stronger, and maybe some gear.
    This seems like the reason FFXI is a great game though. It's not set on a certain way to play. There are so many different styles/ways to level, play and have fun that so many different people can play this game. If you force everyone to play the same way you alienate others. I think the group (most likely a minority) we are forgetting is those people who just like to explore. There used to be many at the beginning of FFXI. People who would just run around and explore and not worry about jobs or levels or grinding. Just wanted to do quests or explore the world and take pictures and look at everything. At level 30 whm you have sneak and invis which will allow you to go into abyssea and explore and not bother anyone. You raise the cap now those people have to endure grinding (which might not be fun for them) just to get to a new area to explore.

Edit: Also if they leech a job to 90 that will allow them to do more questing and missions solo to explore more content by themselves and possibly never bother anyone.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sprieth; 03-22-2011 at 07:03 AM.

sigh, i think i need to stop looking in this thread or i will never get to go sleep XD
    You did it for 6 years and now you think you deserve that it goes faster? This is a MMO, its endless, its not like other RPG where you play them once trough fair and straight and then use Cheats for the second time you play it.
    This game has no end so you cant just think, "ok i played FFXI for 6 years and got 3 Jobs to 75, now i deserve to get all other jobs free". There has been ppl leveled all jobs to 75 in those 6years.
    Its never time to speed up becouse the game needs to stay as much possible equal to the old to be the game it is.
    Sure there are changes, any rpg gives add-ons or updates, but never so radical that you can get exp for 10 levels or more in an instant.

And now i shut down the PC before i get seduced to look back into this forum.
    GN
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharite View Post
    Its still optional, no one is forcing you to exp like this.
    I don't think he/she/it cares, nor do a lot of the anti-leech posters.

It's become a matter of "what leechers do is immoral and I must fight against it" for a lot of people.

Good luck getting through that.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post

It's become a matter of "what leechers do is immoral and I must fight against it" for a lot of people.

I guess its too much to argue that the game is a lot more than exp grinding.

If you think exp is all there is, then your not reaching the full potential of your lv90 whatever. So us lv90s that move on past the exp part will leave you behind.

-edit, besides we still have to do the grind, most of the people here that are pro leeching are working on multiple emperyean weapons. Thats a ton of grinding.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nepharite; 03-22-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post

That sound strangely similar to anything that deals with religion, gay marriage, etc.

Seriously, take what you just said and replace it with gay marriage lol. I'm going to do this real fast lol.

I don't think he/she/it cares, nor do a lot of the gay marriage protesters.

It's become a matter of "what gays do is immoral and I must fight against it" for a lot of people.

(0)

Player
    EDIT: missed a few pages

Old system for exp was punishment, it had to be lowered long before abyssea because the exp increase to level was nothing short of brutal. And this was back when 5-10k/hour exp was good. it used to take months if you wanted to cap merits for 1 job. TaU it got better but it was still a grind, just shortened it from months to weeks. And you want to go back to the old exp system? go right ahead, and take whoever thinks like you do with you, everyone else will happily exp in what fashion suits them, and you can go exp in a fashion that suits you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-22-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzone View Post
    Its never time to speed up becouse the game needs to stay as much possible equal to the old to be the game it is.
    Sure there are changes, any rpg gives add-ons or updates, but never so radical that you can get exp for 10 levels or more in an instant.
    Times are changing and SE clearly wants to make it easier and easier for people to level. Introduction of level sync, xp rings, FoV, etc. They did make a jump in easing difficulty, but it's not beyond the scope of what they were intending. It's inconceivable that in the months they took to develop all three Abyssea expansions, no one realized that low level people could leech exp. More likely, it was discussed and accepted.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    That sound strangely similar to anything that deals with religion, gay marriage, etc.

Seriously, take what you just said and replace it with gay marriage lol. I'm going to do this real fast lol.
    This is so incredibly ironic, you just made my day.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
    Times are changing and SE clearly wants to make it easier and easier for people to level. Introduction of level sync, xp rings, FoV, etc. They did make a jump in easing difficulty, but it's not beyond the scope of what they were intending. It's inconceivable that in the months they took to develop all three Abyssea expansions, no one realized that low level people could leech exp. More likely, it was discussed and accepted.
    People have always been leeching, only now its not as detrimental to the exp/hr.
    I'm glad they found a way to completely do away with the mid party d/c that would destroy an exp pt.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprieth View Post
    This seems like the reason FFXI is a great game though. It's not set on a certain way to play. There are so many different styles/ways to level, play and have fun that so many different people can play this game. If you force everyone to play the same way you alienate others. I think the group (most likely a minority) we are forgetting is those people who just like to explore. There used to be many at the beginning of FFXI. People who would just run around and explore and not worry about jobs or levels or grinding. Just wanted to do quests or explore the world and take pictures and look at everything. At level 30 whm you have sneak and invis which will allow you to go into abyssea and explore and not bother anyone. You raise the cap now those people have to endure grinding (which might not be fun for them) just to get to a new area to explore.

Edit: Also if they leech a job to 90 that will allow them to do more questing and missions solo to explore more content by themselves and possibly never bother anyone.
    LOL, there is no such thing as grinding in this game anymore.. It's all speed lvling with exp upgrades, FOV and lvl sync.
    (0)
    Hmm? Met a 65 Blm that didn't know where or what Garlaige Citiadel or Crawlers Nest were.
    Houston we have a problem.

Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast