Page 103 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1861
    like i said still proving my point . . . . .
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffanddane View Post
    like i said still proving my point . . . . .
    that you suck at trolling?
    (0)

people that complain about grinding in an MMORPG, I will always find that funny. I don't care how you rationalize it, leveling that fast without experiencing the job properly, makes the player of that job poor. You can do all the research you want, but until you experience the job for itself, you have learned nothing, and no leveling from 30-90 in Abyssea is not experiencing the job.
    Now for the players that do PL from 30-90, then go skill up, research the job, and then practice on mobs to learn some of the finer points, they are not as bad, and at least it shows that you are trying. Problem is, most do not do this.
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    reading is effortless :P and if your reading your not too lazy but still . . . . lol i am typing like this to prove a point XD which you are falling in it just like everyone else will i am sure lol
    So you are admitting to trolling? I think that's against the rules.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    reading is effortless :P and if your reading your not too lazy but still . . . . lol i am typing like this to prove a point XD which you are falling in it just like everyone else will i am sure lol
    I read somewhere that reading gives you brain cancer.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I read somewhere that reading gives you brain cancer.
    I read that on the radio one day last week I think while I was tanning.
    (0)
    I burned all my jobs to 90.
    [This image is within size limitations. It will not be removed by the Moderators.]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailea_Nagisa View Post
    You can do all the research you want, but until you experience the job for itself, you have learned nothing, and no leveling from 30-90 in Abyssea is not experiencing the job.
    Now for the players that do PL from 30-90, then go skill up, research the job, and then practice on mobs to learn some of the finer points, they are not as bad, and at least it shows that you are trying. Problem is, most do not do this.
    I'd rather start experiencing the job at 90. Take the following 2 players as an example.
    Player 1 takes 2 weeks to level a job to 90 then takes another week experiencing the job, getting seals, etc.
    Player 2 takes 1 day to level a job to 90, takes the rest of the week to skill up the proper skills, then uses the next two weeks experiencing the job, getting seals, etc.

Both players play the job the same amount of time. Player 1 has had 1 week of playing at level 90. Player 2 has had 3 weeks minus 1 day playing at level 90.
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    people that complain about grinding in an MMORPG, I will always find that funny. I don't care how you rationalize it, leveling that fast without experiencing the job properly, makes the player of that job poor. You can do all the research you want, but until you experience the job for itself, you have learned nothing, and no leveling from 30-90 in Abyssea is not experiencing the job.
    How is it hard to learn a job? If they can't learn a job from playing it at 90 for a while, they wouldn't have learned it from leveling up 1-75 in normal exp
    I'm seriously thinking people are forgetting how exp pts were. 80% of the time it was full of people who were horrible.

I don't recall many 75 knowing much about their job after they were done exping. It wasn't until they went endgame and started doing things with other 75s that they started to learn their jobs.

edit - I think what people are confusing is that normal exp pts 1-75 is not the same as endgame experience. Its a different style of play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nepharite; 03-19-2011 at 10:18 AM.

I guess the only way to find out if they could fully benefit from the job is give them a random job take them to abyssea at lvl 30 then have them go do something that job could normally do that isn't insanely hard but isn't insanely easy either, also have another person lvl a job the normal way and see what happens. . . . i bet you anything the person who lvled normally whether they lvled solo or by party based would succeed in 90% of the things required of that job. FFXI was built on a party based system which still holds true to Abyssea. . . But the game now caters to the player that wants everything NOW. The game used to cater to players who wanted to have fun in a party based and social environment who felt pleased with the accomplishment of there hard work to get something specific. Not only does partying build the edge on your job but also sharpens your skill to an ever changing group of people with infinite outcomes and possibilities . Not every party is the same so you learn something new every single party. With the tips and techs you learn from partying whether it be solo based or in a group are far superior to those who lvl a job in a day and study.Although it is true you learn way more advanced skill end game most of the chizzling and seasoning is done through your lower lvl partying.
    (0)
    Last edited by jeffanddane; 03-19-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I can sort of see that for a complete noob this might be the case but let's not kid ourselves. More than 99% of the people that are leeching probably have leveled a mage and a melee job to 75 most have leveled Whm, Blm, War, Nin, and every other common sub to 37 pre-abyssea. What can't you learn in the first 30 levels of the game that you will learn in a party to 70-75?

Completely ignoring that are you saying you couldn't just glide through regular exp being completely awful? That's the point that people seem to be missing. There were a plethora of Brds, Rdms, Sams, etc. that were basically power leveled by getting multiple parties and they'd keep getting invited even if they were terrible. Now if you really want to get down to the heart of it. The fact of the matter is it's just the terrible players have a far greater variety of jobs to suck at.
    (0)

Page 103 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast