Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    I personally find 30 to be way to low. Someone at 30 has no business there they cant even contribute to the party. 70 on the other hand may be a bit high. They should look at the mobs of the zone and base the restrictions upon at least the lowest mob in the zone being killable for an alliance at its lowest level.

Also to those of you"old way sucked" people. Why did you play in the first place or did you only come in after abyssea to leech?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubberrucky View Post
    I personally find 30 to be way to low. Someone at 30 has no business there they cant even contribute to the party. 70 on the other hand may be a bit high. They should look at the mobs of the zone and base the restrictions upon at least the lowest mob in the zone being killable for an alliance at its lowest level.

Also to those of you"old way sucked" people. Why did you play in the first place or did you only come in after abyssea to leech?
    First job is actually new, and was tolerable. second-tenth job were leveled to help in endgame/to kill time between other things/etc.

It's one thing doing something the first, second, maybe even third time. By the time you get to the 10th+ job, that 5k/hr simply doesn't cut it anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    I tend to think SE should raise the minimum level to enter Aby zones as most of us know there are way too much lvl90 n00b, but it's really hard for them to do it now...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    I tend to think SE should raise the minimum level to enter Aby zones as most of us know there are way too much lvl90 n00b, but it's really hard for them to do it now...
    There have always been noobs who can't play at the max level. That didn't just start with abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Chaani
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The leeching problem isn't anything new with Abyssea, I don't know why people keep making this argument. Leeching was a problem way back in the beginning with the people who refused to use food or equip useful gear even when useful gear (beetle earrings, spike necklaces, and appropriate stat rings) was plentiful and cheap on the AH. Before Abyssea very very frequently in a 6-person pick-up party you'd have people equipped with a fishing rod, chocobo whistle and an XP-ring, leeching off those of us who chose to equip ourselves properly.

The problem isn't Abyssea, it's the choices that other players make. I am completely against raising the entrance caps, but I am not going to condemn people from choosing to XP outside of Abyssea especially in the higher XP environment that SE added last month.

If you want to level the traditional way then make traditional parties, throw up your seek flag and start sending out invite tells, be pro-active. If leveling this way is superior to Abyssea, more people will join, but don't condemn those of us who choose to level our 20th+ job over mains and alts using dominion ops after having played for eight years.
    (0)

actually you are correct the problem isn't abyssea. Abyssea just took and existing problem and made it worse exponentially.
    (0)

Player
    Chaani captures my sentiments exactly.
    (0)

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    There have always been noobs who can't play at the max level. That didn't just start with abyssea.
    Haha let me rephrase this: There are way too much OVERNIGHT lvl90 n00bs.

How's that?
    (0)

I was going to pos this on the therd that got axed hahah but since its the same topic........

Wow, I took my lunch break and come back to 18 pages of Krystal trolling us all, keep it classy people

That said, Krystal has a point in being upset on the leaches, nobody likes to work their arses out in benefit or another unknown person that is not just leaching but not learning the job etc, but yeah, (s)he is just attacking people at this point, kinda fun to watch tho.

But that is easily solved just kicking out of parties those kinds of people, well, a leach or two are fine for opening coffers and stuff, AFK people are just being unpolite but that is something that it would happen even if abyssea were granting regular boring low exp and was just accesible for an arbitrary high lvl, so no point in using the Abyssea system as an scapegoat for not educating people to work in a party for their spot (not being AFK, opening coffers, tossing a couple of cures from time to time, comic relief etc)

Still, my point stands, reducing the grind is good regardless of the number of High level Noobs (HLN for short) it could generate, as is not the game fault but the people, and its just a matter of time till those people die from stupidity at their jobs, or get good at it in he time it would took them to get to cap anyway.

Take it as a process of recalibrating, the game is sure changing but it has always done, you can keep up with the changes then you a re free to leave, take a breath, enjoy your backlog of games and come back to see if everything is the boring way you used to like or if you lernt to like the new wave.

Sure its kinda "sad" how I worked my arse off to get my yinyang robe and now a crapload of gear gives that refresh and stuff but I enjoyed the ride so I wont hate newcomers, feel sorry for them to not ever experiencing the fear that it was to walk to jeuno with a bunch of low level players and learn the propper way to sneak past some types of mobs, the ... ok I am divagating again but the point is, you had your nice experience, cool, other people dont? too bad, maybe you can convince someone to level the hard way with you.

The game is not dead, maybe it got more "lazzy" and "stupid" but also more "fun", you still have parts that can reward you for countless hours of effort, take the magian trials, the mythic wapons, and you can still show us bunch of noobs that you have no life and spent 100+ hours getting an imaginary sword , hey at least makes you look cool...
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Meare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Please don't raise the minimum. There's no reason to raise it. People are still free to level in other zones if they want.
    (0)

Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast