Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Terramundii
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Haha, maybe I'm just thinking too much of Abyssea. I have heard PLD does tank in Voidwatch, but I and anyone I know haven't done it.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
    Haha, maybe I'm just thinking too much of Abyssea. I have heard PLD does tank in Voidwatch, but I and anyone I know haven't done it.
    Yeah, some of them realistically can only safely be tanked by a PLD with an Aegis, otherwise it's a rough fight.

The new ones on the test server are vile things.
    (1)

what mobs need an Aegis?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    what mobs need an Aegis?
    I never said any mobs needed it, I said: "can only safely be tanked by a PLD with an Aegis" that doesn't mean it's only done that way.

/sigh
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I never said any mobs needed it, I said: "can only safely be tanked by a PLD with an Aegis" that doesn't mean it's only done that way.

/sigh
    I second this, some of them are straight up EVIL. Their basically abyssea NM's without the crour buffs / mega atma's, no Apoc / RR / GH silliness. Our shell has one O.Chain PLD and one Aegis PLD, both have Almaces and they get tore up, but at least their alive. Melee's tend to die in seconds after pulling hate, this isn't an exaggeration some of those NM's have PT moves that deal 1~1.5K, outside of abyssea. Windy T4 Iron Giant use's Arm Cannon, it was a 20 foot range on target, which is usually your healer. Problem is "cure" max casting range is 20 (you can get away with 20.8), so your healers can and will be one shoted quite frequently. Sandy T4 VWNM will put your tanks into a weakened state, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. They gotta learn to tank with half the HP and long timers / ect. Bastok T4 is about the tamest of the bunch, but she's got evil aoe moves that will take away all your MP and deal heavy damage. One of her moves is aoe encumberment (locks all gear). T3 Sandy VWNM likes to do a move that dispell's all your buffs aoe, then immediately follow it with another move that strips all your gear and locks everything out for 30~60s, and then cast Fast Cast Blizzaja or Thundaja onto your tanks.

Anyhow the days of (MNK + WHM beats EVERYTHING!!) is over once you step outside Abyssea. Counterstance tanking doesn't work so well on VWNMs.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I see nobody has expressed their love for Lord Asag yet.

Stupid charm. -.-
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I see nobody has expressed their love for Lord Asag yet.

Stupid charm. -.-
    The charm is the best part. It gives the melee a chance to have a 95% hit rate on each other instead of a 70% hit rate on Lord Asag. Helps them get their self-esteem back.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Should a redmage be allowed to tank? Sure. Should a RDM be allowed to melee? Sure. Should a RDM be allowed to heal? Sure. Should a RDM be allowed to range? Sure. HOWEVER,...

...should they do it better than the "main" jobs? NO. should they do it at equal levels as "main jobs"? NO.

I hate when RDM's quote the "Jack of all trades" comment, yet fail to quote the follow up line which is...
    ...Jack of all trades...MASTER OF NONE.

The fact that SE gave us the job of "enfeeble/enhance" caster is awesome enough without going into making us DD or nukers or whatever job players "think" a RDM should be.
    (0)

i tanked him the other day on pld, he really isnt that bad we did wipe/time out @ 43% due to DD's not being able to hit it since only the DD's from my LS bring sushi and pizzas to voidwatch. and with me on pld there was no UKKO'S!. id have said aegis would be a big help on that fight but i had 0 problems tanking him even though it was the first time i was on pld in a solid 4-5 months.
    (0)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I hate when RDM's quote the "Jack of all trades" comment, yet fail to quote the follow up line which is...
    ...Jack of all trades...MASTER OF NONE.
    Master of none doesn't mean "Sucks at them all" either, so I don't see your point.
    (3)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast