Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    If anything I think it would almost break the game if Pld WAS a viable tank again, I mean Ochain already makes them near immortal >.>.
    (0)

Rdm's use as a tank is on a mob that you can't melee. If it's melee-able then even if rdm had it's enmity generating abilities restored and even buffed to extreme leveles, it still wouldn't take the spot of the other tank jobs. You know why? Because if it's meleeable then you take a tank that can DD it while tanking to increase killspeed. Comparing Rdm tanking to war, drk, sam, mnk, nin, etc tanking is retarded.

No melee Rdm doesn't count.
    (1)

I'd take a melee Rdm over a Drk or Sam currently.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    I'd take a melee Rdm over a Drk or Sam currently.
    If he had Chant du Cigne then maybe. But that's the only reason you ever would.
    (0)

Character
    Skylarky
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    If he had Chant du Cigne then maybe. But that's the only reason you ever would.
    ^ This, while DRK / SAM may be underpowered outside of late, RDM most of the time still isn't going to do as well. Of course, gear, skill, etc all play a part, but I'm assuming standard players.
    (0)

That's because the standard red game trying to melee would be better off naked then some of the gear they decide to wear.

Was more referring to the standard red mage who actually knows how to melee. Those would probably beat your average Sams and Drks (and White Mages that know how to melee curb stomp them).
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I support this idea and Red mage does hold the title of "Jack of All Trades" in my opinion. I personally would like to see Swords and/or Shields specifically built for Red mage that help to modify their MAB or MAA at the very least so they can actually make use of their melee capabilities in paticular.

Was there ever a reason that SquareEnix removed "Flash" from the Red mage spell list in the first place? I never did understand why they did that, yet they left Divine magic skill accessibly high.

I would like to see Cure V added somewhere down the road, too. As Cure IV isn't cutting it anymore, especially within Abyssea.

Also, sorry in advance if I had reposting anything that was already said.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    yeah RDM needs something to hold hate.
    <3 RDM tanking, i can remember the time (level 75) when i went to skill up parrying / shield during Sea Horrors hundret fists.
    RDM/blm is nice on mobs that don't put out tooooo much damage (hitting for 200+ [before pdt- & shield block]and DA or TA too frequently).Drain adds some good dmg/cure.
    RDM/nin is fine for all mobs.
    But I always use Genbu's shield as sub because the 10%pdt- and high block rate is nice. ^^

PS: i didn't have the time to read all posts.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    I support this idea and Red mage does hold the title of "Jack of All Trades" in my opinion. I personally would like to see Swords and/or Shields specifically built for Red mage that help to modify their MAB or MAA at the very least so they can actually make use of their melee capabilities in paticular.

Was there ever a reason that SquareEnix removed "Flash" from the Red mage spell list in the first place? I never did understand why they did that, yet they left Divine magic skill accessibly high.

I would like to see Cure V added somewhere down the road, too. As Cure IV isn't cutting it anymore, especially within Abyssea.

Also, sorry in advance if I had reposting anything that was already said.
    Dia was originally Divine Skill.

As for Jack of all Trades, they are magic wise but after lvl. 50, whether anyone likes it or not, they lost the melee capability, and that's all SquareEnix's fault, trying not to over power them left them gimped in the melee department, their Empyrean Armour is a testament to that. The only job that was originally meant to melee that gets no STR, Attack, haste or anything to help at all where melee is concerned.

It's funny they got careful not to over power RDM, yet look at WAR and MNK at the current time who are severely over-powered.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    As much as I hate making posts on the bottom of the page, I figure making a new topic for this would be rather uncouth.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/5950

Job Trait: Tranquil Heart
    WHM Lv. 21
    RDM Lv. 26
    SCH Lv. 30

Reduces enmity gain when casting healing magic.
    Well, it seems that, most unfortunately, the devs have spoken, and have decided to get rid of the one source of enmity that we had left.

Red Mage tanking was already depressingly dead. This is simply the final nail in the coffin.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast