Player

Cannot Connect to PlayOnline at all

I was playing FFXI and as I was zoning, the load screen was stuck indefinitely, so I restarted the game, and now I can't log into PlayOnline. I am getting different errors every time (1160 and 1558 are the major ones). I am playing on the PS3, and haven't had a problem despite PSN garbage until just now. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

I've tested the internet on the ps3, it says it connects fine, but of course if fails at the PSN part. I also can (obviously) surf the internet fine on my laptop, as evidenced by this posting, so its not my internet connection.
    (0)

Character
    Kukai
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've been having the same issue ever since the version update.
    I cannot get past the "Checking PlayOnline Viewer version" on either my PC or my 360.
    I receive error POL-1160 "Network is busy or there are connection problems. Please try again later or verify that cables, networking devices, and network settings are properly configured."
    RETRY on the 360 brings up the same error over and over again.
    RETRY on the PC brings up POL-0033 "Connection refused by server. Some servers may be out of service or congested. Please check your connection environment if nothing improves even after trying again later."
    I have tried hitting "Check Files" on both systems and am still having problems.
    I am NOT using Windows Firewall and have the appropriate ports open on my router.
    I have NOT changed ISPs in the last year.
    I have been able to play on both systems for months prior to the recent version update.
    I have been going through this process for the last 2 days and have not been able to connect one single time since the last version update...
    (1)
    Last edited by Kukai; 05-12-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added that I used "Check Files"

Kukai, Tarutaru - Sylph server
    http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=getch47

Support Rep
    Brioso,

We can offer a few suggestions if you are experiencing any of the following:
    • Have difficulty connecting to or staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer or FINAL FANTASY XI
    • Crash, receive a black screen error, or get stuck at the downloading data screen upon clicking your character handle or character select button
    • See your the lag meter turn red
    • Encounter increased lag or connection problems near crowed areas
    • Have trouble accessing specific zone(s)
    • Have trouble logging in with specific character(s)
    • Receive any of these errors: 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    (0)

Character
    Kukai
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    OK, found out my issue, I had a P2P downloading client open and it was interfering with FFXI's connection on the whole network. Hope this can help someone else too...

Quote Originally Posted by Kukai View Post
    I've been having the same issue ever since the version update.
    I cannot get past the "Checking PlayOnline Viewer version" on either my PC or my 360.
    I receive error POL-1160 "Network is busy or there are connection problems. Please try again later or verify that cables, networking devices, and network settings are properly configured."
    RETRY on the 360 brings up the same error over and over again.
    RETRY on the PC brings up POL-0033 "Connection refused by server. Some servers may be out of service or congested. Please check your connection environment if nothing improves even after trying again later."
    I have tried hitting "Check Files" on both systems and am still having problems.
    I am NOT using Windows Firewall and have the appropriate ports open on my router.
    I have NOT changed ISPs in the last year.
    I have been able to play on both systems for months prior to the recent version update.
    I have been going through this process for the last 2 days and have not been able to connect one single time since the last version update...
    (0)

Kukai, Tarutaru - Sylph server
    http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=getch47