Character
    Kirschy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Updated Critical Attack Bonus

I didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd post it here. With the new update they adjusted the cap on Critical Attack Bonus from 50% to 100%. I have my test below:

First test was done outside Abyssea.
    Ranger's new Dead Aim trait (+40%) + Brave Grip(3%) + Cavaros Mantle (+3%) + Loki's Body (5%) gives a total of 51%.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6718/rngcrit1.png

273 * 1.25(Crit) = 341 Damage
    341 * 1.51(Crit Bonus) = 514 Damage
    514 * 1.24(Pierce Bonus) = 642 Damage *Matches*

My second test was done in Abyssea with Crit+ atma.
    RR(+30%) + SS(+30%) which gives a total of 111% Critical Attack Bonus

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2741/rngcrit2.png

273 * 1.25 = 341 Damage
    341 * 2 = 682 Damage *Matches*

This testing shows that despite +111% Critical Attack Bonus, my ranged critical hits were only gaining 100% boost.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    /approves.

Thanks kirschy!
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd post it here. With the new update they adjusted the cap on Critical Attack Bonus from 50% to 100%. I have my test below:

First test was done outside Abyssea.
    Ranger's new Dead Aim trait (+40%) + Brave Grip(3%) + Cavaros Mantle (+3%) + Loki's Body (5%) gives a total of 51%.
    RR+Dead Aim was only doing about double the damage of normal hits last night. I had no idea that Dead Aim was +40%, did they nerf RR with ranged attacks?
    (0)

Character
    Kirschy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    RR+Dead Aim was only doing about double the damage of normal hits last night. I had no idea that Dead Aim was +40%, did they nerf RR with ranged attacks?
    It's still a 30% increase~
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Any idea if this applies to regular melee hits too? Could test this myself tomorrow. This would mean that, with my gear at least, RR, GH, SS is arguably a better DD combo than RR, GH, Apoc.

Here are the calculations for my THF (taking average values for one-handed pDIF):

Apoc:
    TA rate: 34%
    DA rate: 8% (5.3% after TA reduction)
    => 73% bonus damage
    Crit rate: ~80% (this may require new testing now)
    Crit damage: 138%
    => 143%*138% => 97% bonus damage
    Total damage: 341% (assuming 0% to all of the above for the reference value)

SS:
    TA rate: 19%
    DA rate: 8% (6.5% after TA reduction)
    => 44% bonus damage
    Crit rate: ~80% (this may require new testing now)
    Crit damage: 168%
    => 143%*168% => 140% bonus damage
    Total damage: 346% (assuming 0% to all of the above for the reference value)

And only after I finished these calculations I realized the TP gain from Apocalypse probably throws this off, although certain WS would gain a far greater boost from SS than Apoc (namely Evisceration), but it's almost 3AM and I've had a few, can't be bothered to calculate that now. Wouldn't even be surprised if the math was wrong, if you find errors, feel free to keep them.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kirschy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The new cap for Crit Damage Bonus seems to apply to normal melee attacks too.

As for the new best atma to use, I'm waiting on more testing /w the crit rate changes. (There's a rumor floating around that the ddex relationship has a higher cap too!)
    (0)