Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cannot log in on one character only after crash (POL-3001)

Details:
    I experienced a game crash on May 10, 2011 (about 2 AM EDT) when zoning from Port Jeuno to Buburimu Peninsula (Abyssea-Attohwa) using the NPC Horst. Ever since this crash, I have not been able to log onto the game on this character only (Xianra, Odin server). My character gets stuck on the black "Downloading Data" screen and after a few minutes I receive a POL-3001, No response from server message. I can log on using my alternate character with no issues. My area on the log in screen is identified as "Buburimu Peninsula". A file check revealed no errors and a router / modem reset did not correct the problem.

Steps:

Experienced a game crash while playing FINAL FANTASY XI.
    Attempted to log back into the game and received the following error after a few minutes:
    ==============================
    FFXI-3001
    No response from server.
    Connection timed out.
    Press OK to shut down.
    ==============================
    Repeated log ins throughout the day at different times have yielded the same error. Restarting the modem/router did not help. A File check was performed and no errors were found.

Date & Time: May 10, 2011, 2 AM EDT
    Frequency: Always
    Platform: PC
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: HP 6400
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1300
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    (2)

Player
    Me and my friend Thornbringer have also experienced this same problem, only when zoning into Castle Zvahl Bailies. We have not been able to access our characters on the Sylph servers for about 12 hours now. It keeps getting stuck in the downloading data screen when error FFXI-3001 shows up.

We have also rebooted our modems and routers and performed a file check that yielded no errors.
    (0)

Character
    Azieltheliar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Exactly the same problem. Still able to log onto my other character fine, but all my hard work and gear is on my other character. I hope this gets fixed soon. E-mailing service and support has only heeded unhelpful PC possible solutions, when I tagged myself as an Xbox360 user ;_; /sigh
    (0)

Character
    Bobar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    I'm also having trouble since the 5/10/2011 update. It's happening to the same character and mule on PC, Xbox 360 and PS2. Tried resetting the router and doing file check. Other people on Phoenix are having issues too.
    (0)

For those of you also having trouble: I was able to log on by having my fiancee log on my character through his PS2. I then had him move me from the affected zone (in this case, from Buburimu to Tahrongi) and log out there, and from there I was able to log into my character on my PC. However....I cannot zone into Buburimu Peninsula now because the same thing happens over again: "Downloading Data" screen and POL-3001. I had to have him move me again to be able to log back in. I will try replacing the file for Buburimu Peninsula as it seems whatever happened during the disconnect has corrupted that file and let you know if that fixed the problem.

Let me know if that helps!

Edit: My fiancee who was able to log in as me and move my character was *not* on the same internet network, he did it from a different network at his house.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xianra; 05-12-2011 at 01:37 AM.

I'm logged out in port jeuno and have just tried to log in for the first time since the update. Same error message. At least you all got zones you can keep away from easily Q.Q

Actually, my mules in Bastok and Sandy can't log in either Q.Q Q.Q Q.Q
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 05-12-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Character
    Iresire
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    I'm having the same problem as you. I tried to zone from Port Jeuno to Buburimu Peninsula and I got disconnected at the "downloading data..." screen.

Date & Time: May 10, 2011, 9 PM EDT through May 11, 2011 5 PM EDT
    Frequency: Always
    Platform: PC
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: Dell Inspiron 530S
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1300
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable

I had to have a friend in a different area log me in to move me. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the problem is with Comcast somehow.
    (0)

Iresire, those are some striking similarities...I thought you had copy/pasted my description at first. For the other people affected, do you use Comcast? It is worth noting that when my fiancee logged on to my account he had no problems, and it was from a different ISP (Verizon).

I attempted to contact a GM about this issue on my alternate character, and they just sent me a form letter telling me to contact the SE support center. I sent a detailed email of the problem and included that I already tried a modem / router reset and it failed to work. I got an email back telling me to reset my modem and router. It's like the person answering it never even read my email.

This is clearly a widespread problem that needs to be looked into and is tied to the recent update. Please give me some clear responses and not another run-around. I know there is only so much GMs can do, but so far the level of communication I have received from SE support has not been helpful...
    (0)
    Last edited by Xianra; 05-12-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've also had this same problem, only my main is stuck in Port Bastok. Strangely enough, I was able to zone a friend's character in at the same time that I was dual-boxing to work on a weaponskill trial with, which leads me to wonder if there is some kind of character corruption issue going on related to triggers in the zone. It's been over 12 hours myself, and I've tried file checks and a fresh install of the game.

Prior to my reinstall, the file checks showed the majority of files in ROM folders 17 and 18 had been corrupted somehow. Attempting to fix them via POL did not seem to take. And while I'm now freshly installed and updated with the issue continuing, the folders seem clean.

As is, I've had similar periods of crashing/lockout in the past. While possible it's an ISP issue (Comcast here), I've also been coming to suspect that SE has some kind of network monitoring tool that, if triggered, locks out a connection to a zone. I'd assume this purpose to block DoS attacks, but in the odd chance characters can unwillingly trigger it via personal network issues or actual glitches in the game, they'd also be blocked out.

Still, I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to be having this problem and Comcast seems to be an unfortunate, but common link amongst at least 3 of us here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seriha; 05-12-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Character
    Bobar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    I believe this may be related to port settings on our routers. But I find it odd that I've had no trouble in the many years playing FFXI and the problem started immediately after the 5/9/2011 update.

I've taken the following steps:

1) Check files (no trouble found)
    2) Tested other platforms, problem persists on PC, PS2 and Xbox 360, same characters, same zones getting stuck on the downloading data zone screen
    3) Reset router to default settings (Using a Linksys WRT54G wireless router Ver. 6.0)
    4) Installed latest firmware
    5) Set up wireless network
    6) Set up static IP address
    7) Enabled port forwarding, opening ports used by FFXI/POL
    8) Had ISP check out connection (I use a local Fiber Optic provider)
    9) Turn off firewall

Still having the same issues.

If I bypass my router and connect directly to the firber optic line, I am able to zone without trouble on my main into Lower Jeuno. If I use the same device connected through my router, I get the error again.
    Unfortunately, I need to use my router I'm not hogging the internet in my house.

Also, after searching the internet on this issue, I have found occasions where other people had this problem after FFXI version updates and some just had to wait it out Most said to enable port forwarding on your router, but this is certainly not resolving the issue for me.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast