Character
    Fabuku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

San d'Oria and Bastok Cutsence Freezing Issue

I have found that in both San d'Oria and Bastok when you talk to NPCs that give cutscenes they will freeze and lock up. I play on a ps2 and I have talked to other people that use a pc, 360, and ps3 regarding whether they have encountered this same problem. They have all indicated they have expirenced this problem. This began heppening directly after the November 14th update. I have sent multiple bug reports to SE regarding this issue and have yet to receive a response back from them. One of the NPC's I have had problems with is the NPC in Port Bastok for Monk AF weapon quest.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabuku View Post
    I have found that in both San d'Oria and Bastok when you talk to NPCs that give cutscenes they will freeze and lock up. I play on a ps2 and I have talked to other people that use a pc, 360, and ps3 regarding whether they have encountered this same problem. They have all indicated they have expirenced this problem. This began heppening directly after the November 14th update. I have sent multiple bug reports to SE regarding this issue and have yet to receive a response back from them. One of the NPC's I have had problems with is the NPC in Port Bastok for Monk AF weapon quest.
    Hey there Fabuku!

We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience the freezing up has been causing. We will be happy to forward this concern to be investigated. In order to do that though, we'll need for you to please fill out the following information.

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
    *If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.

* What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    * Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and action names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    * If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    * In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.
    (0)

Character
    Fabuku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thread Title:

Platform:
    Playstation 2

ISP:
    At&T

Type of Internet Connection:
    DSL or Optic Fiber

Internet Connection Speed:
    54.0Mbps

Date & Time:
    Since the November 14th 2010 update

Frequency:
    Always

Character Name:
    Fabuku

Race:
    TarutaruF

World:
    Sylph

Main Job:
    MNK90

Support Job:
    NIN45

Area and Coordinates:
    All Area of San'd Oria and Bastok

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    Any NPC that provides a cutsence in San d'Oria and Bastok

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    Talking to NPC
    (0)

Character
    Hoodini
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I am having this exact same problem with Port Bastok NPC's. Myself and 2 others that i know of, all PS2 users, cannot complete the Asuran Fists quest because the game just freezes when you click any NPC. Not only is this holding up my Monk but also i cannot start any other weapon skill quests until i finish this one. I did call SE support line and i was told it is a known issue, but there has been 2 maintenance since then and is still not fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Fabuku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ya, but it's not PS2 limitations because my linkshell mates who play on PC and 360 have had the same problem with those zones.
    (0)

Thank you very much for following up with the information that we needed. I'll go ahead and forward this information for investigation to the developers and we'll let you know as soon as possible what they come back with. Thanks again!
    (0)