Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And please put some thought into it this time. lol
    A+ trolling, sir. I applaud your efforts.
    (0)

Character
    Xbalz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    I do not think it is right that people in the last merger were excluded from this offer. I was not active at the time of the last server merger and only been back like 2 months. I was forced to change my name on my primary character, but none of my mules. Unfortunately now the name I would have used on my primary after forced to change is the name of a mule. My primary name was from US ps2 launch and I lost that, my first mule was my XBOX live tag. I made my name Xbalz from Balz just to be able to sign in and I definately regret that as people ask X a question when I am in a party and do reply because thats not me.

I would love a chance for a second chance like you are giving other community members.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And please put some thought into it this time. lol
    I Thought this >> #3 (Optional) Attempt sending one gil using mog mail to names you're interested in. << was the putting thought into a new name. Then again people where frustrated so bad they typed things like GVWED etc. It's really is inane The inactive characters get to keep their names. Loyal paying users should get priority over dead beat characters/mules that quit log ago. I'm guessing 80-90% of the inactive non-banned names will never come back anyway so, why keep them?

I never changed my name much, in fact I made a mule on the server with one letter difference right before they blocked new character creation when I tested for Sarick. The post I made here was to help others on this board. I decided to put a copy here from the original post in the interest of making the process smother for this forums readers. I really did put more thought into a new replacement. I can definitely say I spent more time then the quote of yours that started with "and" shown above.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 05-25-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Player
    They're preserving names of dead people ...
    ... whose inactivity en masse
    caused the merge!

I understand how it could have saved a little bit of time/work/resources to do it this way ("natives > immigrants"), but it still feels like:

Rya: Here SE, I want you to have this Ninurta's Sash.
    SE: Sorry, I am already wearing a Druid's Rope.
    Rya: I think you can unequi--
    SE: CANNOT EQUIP. ALREADY WEARING A BELT.
    Rya: ...preeeeetty sure you can just--
    SE: Name change, kupopopopopopo!!!! :D
    Ryaa: CURSES!!! :(

The only thing I can come up with is:
    Ignoring names, moving (ex) 1000 Giggles records to Carby, necessitated a change to all 1000 Giggles records (to change their "location" pointer, to Carby). Now you just run the "create new char name" routine on them; if it is unavailable, pick a new one.

However, the existing 1000 Carby records did not need to be altered, since they are "native" records (staying put). This cuts the number of evaluations in half (1000/2000). See, if you had to compare them in any way (age?, active?, etc) then you would have to pull up all 2000 records involved!

>.>

I bet it really is something silly like that...
    (0)
    Rya's Killage Factory: http://www.happyhappyd.com/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7