Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Greetings,

If you made a mistake while renaming your character (or feel that your new name isn't quite as good as you originally thought it'd be) after the World Merge please consult a GM in-game. Please keep in mind however that this is a one-time offer.

I also wanted to say that I understand the frustration that can come from a forced rename in these situations, and that we do read and take your feedback seriously. I'll continue to gather your comments and put them forth to the teams so that your concerns are heard.
    (12)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

If you made a mistake while renaming your character (or feel that your new name isn't quite as good as you originally thought it'd be) after the World Merge please consult a GM in-game. Please keep in mind however that this is a one-time offer.

I also wanted to say that I understand the frustration that can come from a forced rename in these situations, and that we do read and take your feedback seriously. I'll continue to gather your comments and put them forth to the teams so that your concerns are heard.
    The primary problem, which unfortunately a second rename opportunity does not address, is names that are locked out due to being used by a technically-active (but not actively used) character or mule.
    (5)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    I wnat my old name back, I know its not in use, but I didn't lose it from a server move I started over years ago my old character was not recoverable according to whoever does that. I'm screwed unless some kind of 1 time or 1 in 90 day name change feature happens or I double-server move to do it ;.;
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

It is very encouraging to see a Community Rep post in here, thank you so much!

SUGGESTION:
    Sell us a Yellow Highlighter of Namechange (Namingway brand, of course!) for $5 or something, similar idea to world transfer. If name changing is a simple, automated process ... then why not allow us a paid option?

I would love to better understand the current process for determining name change necessity, so that we could help the developers find happyhappy solutions!

EDIT: It should be noted that you can already do this, it just costs a buncha money ($70?) and 90 days. You move "Ryakillage" from ServA to ServB, make a new mule on ServA named "Ryakillage", wait 90 days, then move your original character back. -- Forced namingway!

--------
    Regarding this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    you put so little thought into it [...] What was the rush?
    The "rush" is that you're stuck unable to play. At least on a rename, you can play, and even consult with your friends/LS and take your time. Then when you're ready, you can pick a new one.

I might take a rename now with help from friends ingame -- we could even vote!

--------
    We Feel Your Pain

I made a thread in the Carbuncle forum to blow off some steam about this:
    Illegal Immigrants: A Support Group

My real name is Rya.
    My new name is Ryaa.
    (Everything I tried was taken: Ria, Ryi, Rye, Riya, Riyah, Ryah, Rhya, Rhia, etc)
    I hate it.

--------
    Other notes:

One of the scariest things was trying to sort them in ascending order of MegaDumbStupid, because as soon as you try a name that is available, it whisks you away and accepts that name, forever!

I ended up buying a $1 content ID out of fear, to test the availability of other names. None worked.

Then I finally gave up because I wanted to play. I chose the only deformed version of my name I came up with that was available: "Ryaa"
    (1)
    Last edited by Rya; 05-14-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    Rya's Killage Factory: http://www.happyhappyd.com/

I had to rename 4 mules when we went to Ragnarok, haven't seen even one of those names ever logged in. But I did change Beefy to Lubefirstplease and I will NOT surrender that without a fight!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalVariable View Post
    I wnat my old name back, I know its not in use, but I didn't lose it from a server move I started over years ago my old character was not recoverable according to whoever does that. I'm screwed unless some kind of 1 time or 1 in 90 day name change feature happens or I double-server move to do it ;.;
    I feel your pain, a buddy of mine had to quit for awhile (stupid army commitments, ever heard of laptops and WiFi?!) and lost his character. When he came back the character reactivation service wouldn't reactivate him, so he had to start over from scratch. Then they redeployed him, he lost again, etc. After the 3rd repitition of this he just never botherred to come back.

Seriously, would you want to redo CoP 3 times under the original system? Not me buddy...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    Stuff you said.
    There's actually a much cheaper and faster way to change one's name, but it requires the character reactivation service to be active.

1). Delete your current character you wish to rename.
    2). Create a new mule with deleted character's name.
    3). Wait the 2-7 days it takes for the reactivation service to show the deleted character.
    4). Reactivate the character and pick a new name.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalrune View Post
    1). Delete your current character
    Rya receives the effect of terror.
    (14)
    Rya's Killage Factory: http://www.happyhappyd.com/

Paid renames is the perfect recipe for people who scam others and vanish without a trace
    (1)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemothx View Post
    Paid renames is the perfect recipe for people who scam others and vanish without a trace
    Because people don't server move and use a mule to force a rename at all right?
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast