Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I really dont see either 'fixing' something that isnt broken.

Even if you remove all the AH people and the bazaar people, I would bet that it would still be crowded in juneo similar to how white gate used to be.

The best thing to do, would be to implament an auto-log off feature for PJ only where 60 minutes + of afk = log out. If your only goal is to reduce congestion that would cover all bases.
    (1)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you're trying to remove congestion out of port jueno, don't do it by discouraging people from going there. Make positive impacts in other zones that would make them viable hubs so that people dont feel like they need to be in port jeuno in order to be in the center of the action. Ideally you would try to make the 3 nations all hubs for people. The problem with that is... POOR NPC PLACEMENT. Look at windurst, just look at it. The AH closest AH is on the other freaking side of the zone from the mog houses. The voidwatch NPCs are at the far end of windurst waters. Why would anyone want to set their HP in windurst? It's a topographical NIGHTMARE!

In short, fix all starting cities (especially windurst) so that everything in them is just as accessible as it is in Jeuno. Then, your congestion problems might become more manageable.
    (7)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    If you're trying to remove congestion out of port jueno, don't do it by discouraging people from going there. Make positive impacts in other zones that would make them viable hubs so that people dont feel like they need to be in port jeuno in order to be in the center of the action. Ideally you would try to make the 3 nations all hubs for people. The problem with that is... POOR NPC PLACEMENT. Look at windurst, just look at it. The AH closest AH is on the other freaking side of the zone from the mog houses. The voidwatch NPCs are at the far end of windurst waters. Why would anyone want to set their HP in windurst? It's a topographical NIGHTMARE!

In short, fix all starting cities (especially windurst) so that everything in them is just as accessible as it is in Jeuno. Then, your congestion problems might become more manageable.
    I agree, but Windurst isn't as bad as you say. The Windurst Abyssea NPC that people use is about 50 yalms from the outpost warp, which is right next to the moghouse. The only real change I'd implement (and honestly it's really not that bad) is maybe put a warp-taru NPC over by the Port Windurst Moghouse that warps you to one of the Auction Houses (preferably Woods).

Another thing that'd be nice is perhaps put the BCNM/KCNM Seal NMs in Port Windurst/other cities. That would be lovely.
    (5)
    Last edited by Ninian; 10-26-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: More ideas.

Player
    These fixes may help, but a lot of players still have stuff such as Home Points in Port Jeuno, simply due to sheer convenience + ease of travel (Airships, Abyssea NPCs, AH, Seal/Crest NPCs, just to name a few things), something not many other zones match. Before ToAU was released, Jeuno was congested just as well, although more people spent time in Lower Jeuno on my server than in other Jeuno areas.

People moved to WG after ToAU because ToAU areas were where 95% of FFXI's content happened. Merit parties, ease of EXP post 55, not to mention everything else ToAU offered. People moved to PJ because of Abyssea, and even now, with NPCs in nations that offer the same thing, it hasn't done a -lot-.

The /yell feature's also been used more often lately that I have noticed. I suppose these things take time.

Lessing the convenience of using PJ as a "main area" would likely get people to go to different zones - however, to really make a difference here, other areas should offer similar if not equal "services" that PJ offers players (I'll take Bastok as an example - the Abyssea/WG NPCs are in Port Bastok, AH in mines/markets, OP NPC in Mines). It just takes less time to do stuff in one zone. I go to Ru'Lude most of the time, because it's more quiet. I go to PJ if I'm shout hunting, because well, people don't really shout anywhere else, which makes it even more of an issue. /yell helps, but like I said, it's taken time to get people to use it more frequently.
    (3)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 10-26-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yell is another thing. Being in Windy is nice, but if I want to see what's going on, I have to go to Port Jeuno. Perhaps if they made a world-wide chat channel? Or make it so all cities can see yells? That'd help a lot too.
    (5)

There should probably just be abyssea warpers in every jeuno zone. If just yell would catch on more than it has, I would really have no reason to idle in jeuno to see shouts. Maybe if you let people /yell more frequently, it would make people use it more often?

As for the bazaar tax, if you wanted to move bazaar mules away from port, it wouldn't have to be a very big tax. 5% would be enough, I think. To avoid everyone moving to rulude instead, add a 2% tax there, leaving upper and lower jeuno tax-free.

Alternatively, make shouts work differently in port jeuno than how it normally works, making every shout done in port jeuno work on a zone-wide basis (no more limitation by 150 yalms or whatever it is), and link it with lower jeuno, so that every /shout command done in port would be heard in all of lower jeuno as well. If Lower Jeuno in addition got an abyssea warper, I know I would probably start idling there instead.

This would in practice make two zones functionally equal as far as abyssea/voidwatch PUG shouts, and buy/sell shouts are concerned (should cover the majority of shouts), probably equalizing the player count in those two zones, making it roughly 300 in lower and 500 in port, rather than 50 in lower and 750 in port. At least given a bit of time for players to get used to it.

Of course, this requires intelligently placed warpers. Somewhere between the mog houses and AH NPCs in each zone would be ideal.

While we're on the topic of intelligent (or lack thereof) NPC placement, it would also be cool if we could get an AH NPC not far from the abyssea warpers in port windurst as well. I don't know how this situation is in the other two starter nations, but if needed, there too.

-edit-
    But wait, it doesn't end just yet!

Another idea I have is to be able to subscribe to a shout from a certain area, for example port jeuno (or both port/lower if my earlier idea is implemented), and have this be visible for you regardless of the zone you are actually in. This would let me for example type "/subscribe portjeuno" and get all the shouts I would ever want delivered right in my chat log, even when idling in port windurst right next to the abyssea warpers there! In fact, this would be very convenient for me, because I would also have easy access to outpost warps as well. I think it is safe to say that my homepoint would be permanently set to my dearest Windurst permanently if a feature like this was to be implemented.

Even more ideas: Make /yell extend to selected zones outside of the jeuno region, for example:

Port windurst, Port Bastok, Port Sandoria, Whitegate (where you should also add an abyssea warper!)
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninian View Post
    I agree, but Windurst isn't as bad as you say. The Windurst Abyssea NPC that people use is about 50 yalms from the outpost warp, which is right next to the moghouse. The only real change I'd implement (and honestly it's really not that bad) is maybe put a warp-taru NPC over by the Port Windurst Moghouse that warps you to one of the Auction Houses (preferably Woods).
    The warp taru in Port Windurst puts you right on top of the Walls AH, so just moving him to a slightly more convenient location would work.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Mochi says:
    We thought about implementing a worldwide shout function, but it seemed like a lot of work, so we are just gonna make port jeuno suck ass, and hope you all go away.
    Devs please either:
    A) clone all the NPC's etc. from PJ to White Gate, and remove the tax / AH fees there, or
    B) implement the /yell function in all zones, so that people don't have to be in jeuno to see shouts (if you are gonna hang out in jeuno, it may as well be PJ).

EDIT: By the way, Developers are supposed to "Develop" content, they are not supposed to remove content because people use it. Why the hell did you guys put all the most useful NPCs in one of the smallest city zones, and pile them right on top of each other? Just move the crap people use to a different city (the same city, don't put them all in different zones damn it).
    (3)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 10-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Due to the fact that Port Jeuno congestion has not been completely erased since the implementation of the /yell feature, we will be looking into the implementation of the below:
    • Re-installment of bazaar taxes
    • Temporary suspension of the auction house
      *Both are limited to Port Jeuno.
    We are aware that this will create some inconveniences, so we will be closely monitoring feedback on this and other aspects of the change.
    Are they insain? Camate, do me a favor and smack them on the head a few times with a chocobo wand!
    I told them since before they announced a the /yell feature that it was an issue, and after they announced the /yell feature i told them it wouldn't work in relieving the congestion.

The first reason is when they tested it in game, they had it auto turned off. Even when they removed the auto off upon log in, it still had to be manually turned on that one time so it would stay that way. People who don't read these forums or do not have access can only find that out be word of mouth. Their for a lot of ppl still had that filter turned on and didn't no about it. - If you want proof of that, look at Odin's chat history in port jeuno. You will always see the same thing. A certain message in /yell form, followed by the same message in /sh form. Because not everyone sees the /yell. And i would imagine its the same on other servers.

When /yell was first announced i suggested that it include the zones Port Jeuno, and the Ports of the three main city's. (Obviously ignored) Why? Because their are AH's, Aby tele ppl, and yell access (if implemented) You would have everything you need in all 4 zones. So anyone could hang out in any of those zones and have full access to everything with no issues. (Unless they have /yell filter on, same issue as before)

Making /yell contain all the Jeuno zones was a waste IMO. But its more likely you would alter them then changing to the above.
    So, theirs still congestion in port jeuno. Why? Answer: Convenience. (as usual) While they can hear /yells in lower and upper jeuno, with most things being abyssea today, they still would have to zone a few times in order to get to the aby tele ppl in port jeuno to go somewhere. No-one wants to zone more times then they have to since they lose chat feature. So they hang out in port jeuno since thats where they are going to end up anyway. - Their for you might have a chance at relieving the port jeuno congestion if you added aby tele ppl to ALL Jeuno zones where the /yell feature reaches.

Either of those would work infinitely better then what your proposing.

•Re-installment of bazaar taxes: In terms of relieving congestion in port jeuno; Useless. At least on Odin, the black market has always hung out in upper jeuno ever since taxes were lifted. While their are a few bazaar's in port jeuno, the amount is not going to be enough to relieve congestion by getting rid of them.

•Temporary suspension of the auction house: To quote the great George Carlin "This one is just plain ....ing stupid!"
    If you need that one explained to you, then the whole Dev team should be fired, I'm sorry.
    (4)

Character
    Jongalt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is a solution for the Development team! Abyssea NPC's in Whitegate. If the dev team cant do this, Port Jeuno is gonna be perma busy until then.
    (1)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast