Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

[dev1012] New monster placement

Alright, so I just went down to Zeruhn mines to see examples of what had changed, only to find the majority of the place repurposed for GoV...Interesting......same mob types, same placement, just different names and much higher levels. I've also heard reports of mobs aggroing 89-90 in places like Horutoto. Again, interesting......I don't usually like to be a negative Nancy about these things, but there are still some relatively low level content designed for these areas. Seems counterproductive and counterintuitive to have a zone where you jump 70 levels worth of mobs in just a few feet, especially when you're about to bring out another iteration of the Vana'diel collection, and presumably somebody who's never played the game before (shaky proposition at this point, I know) being told by a mission to go and do something in these areas.

Now before people start flaming, I know this isn't the end of the world that you may have to put sneak and invis up in these areas to get to random trial nm #4767976....it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason--especially where there had been a dev post made about adjusting aggro post-75 for stuff like Robber Crabs.

tl;dr current mob placement in dungeons is off-putting.
    (9)

haven't had a chance to go exploring myself yet either, but I was a bit concerned about this as well. not only from the lower player aspect, but there is also the possibility of a market impact as well. The ruins were a popular place for farming onions...wonder what impact this may have on the already inflated prices of not only this item and items made from it, but other items commonly farmed in other areas (like scorpion and lizard items and such).
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yeah, I mean I'd have been perfectly fine with them putting the new mobs in a deep dark corner, but repurposing what seems to be over half of most dungeons at the very least seems asinine.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyomeyo View Post
    Yeah, I mean I'd have been perfectly fine with them putting the new mobs in a deep dark corner, but repurposing what seems to be over half of most dungeons at the very least seems asinine.
    They want new players out of the dungeons. They want the dungeons to be an encroachment of the higher-level monsters as part of a perceived continuing "threat" to Vana'diel.
    (0)

Player
    Like if they took a room or two in a dungeon and made the mobs there higher level and faster respawning, I'd be down for that. But yeah... moving from level 30 to level 80 mobs is kiiinda drastic.
    (0)

Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    They want new players out of the dungeons. They want the dungeons to be an encroachment of the higher-level monsters as part of a perceived continuing "threat" to Vana'diel.
    If they want to pull a Cataclysm, then they need to redo all of those quests/missions/etc. Its just lazy, and poor design if they intended it to be this way and didn't think about doing so.
    (0)

Thumbs up. I agree with the OP completely on this point.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Tsurara
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Agree completely. Although this is anecdotal from your perspective, a level 90 PLD/DNC friend of mine walked into Garlaige Citadel, fell through the floor, and got eaten alive by one of the beetles. If I'm not mistaken, lower level characters need to go through that section of Garlaige to fight mobs for their AF Coffer Keys. My first concern then is for a friend of mine who just joined the game. How is he going to get his AF if he needs a party of level 90 friends to survive farming for it? It was annoying enough to farm keys, pop coffers, and survive afterwards with mob levels the way they were. Now it's going to be nigh impossible.

Two thumbs down for this tweak.
    (5)

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I have to agree that I'm concerned for anyone who needs coffer keys or coffers in these zones. P.S. I like the Prowess/Mini-Atma thing, but I feel like all zones that have training tomes should have this at this point in the game.
    (2)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Then tehy could move the low~mid level quest to another zone before doing this ><
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast