Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NMs have a pretty damn high drop rate for 100 pieces (near 100%, or 100%, not sure yet). It's not hard at all to make tons more currency than you would in olde Dynamis if you target the NMs.

You're welcome.
    (2)

Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Agreed. Seems silly that if they are going to go so far as rebalancing the mobs as well, they need to look at risk/reward again.
    (0)

I am going to give it a try before I make a judgement on it. It's very appealing to me to go in solo or with a few friends, just as Abyssea is. All I really want to do is finish 2 sets of relic armor either to upgrade or store. Yes, there are still some pieces of relic worth upgrading.

I do feel for those who have started or are close to finishing relic weapons. They might not be as good as Empyrean true enough, but the people who have them in the various stages have spent many hours in Dynamis earning the currency, getting the testimonies, shards of necropyshe (sp) etc have received a huge slap in the face. I understand that a price had to be paid to revamp Dynamis, in this case the almost 0 drop rate of coins that has been reported. The least you could have done SE was to make the regular coin drop rate 1 per mob. 100's were always not so easy to get, especially in Dreamworlds, best drop rate for them was always Bastok and Beaucedine.

Sadly only time will tell how this change fairs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Octaviane; 05-11-2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: oops !00's instead of 100's

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    For those who "Didn't spend blah years doing blah blah to be outdamaged." Yes, you did. It's a fact of life that being the best is a full time job. SE will continue to add content faster than you can accomplish it until the 99 cap levels the playing field. Hopefully you didn't think an adaberk and ridill were going to stay king forever. Regarding dynamis, why would you want to farm 100 singles when you could get one 100 peice? If you're considering quitting one day after content is released that you don't even understand yet, we support your decision. Just stop complaining so much. SE is finally doing a great job of listening, try asking instead of complaining. You might actually get an answer that way, or an explanation on how currency drops now.
    (3)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    For those who "Didn't spend blah years doing blah blah to be outdamaged." Yes, you did. It's a fact of life that being the best is a full time job. SE will continue to add content faster than you can accomplish it until the 99 cap levels the playing field. Hopefully you didn't think an adaberk and ridill were going to stay king forever. Regarding dynamis, why would you want to farm 100 singles when you could get one 100 peice? If you're considering quitting one day after content is released that you don't even understand yet, we support your decision. Just stop complaining so much. SE is finally doing a great job of listening, try asking instead of complaining. You might actually get an answer that way, or an explanation on how currency drops now.

When SE said "we're changing dynamis" they read it as "We're making relics fall from the sky"

That didn't happen and now people are angry. That's what's causing all the bawwwing around here right now.
    (4)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    I rescind muy prior statement.

New Dynamis gets nothing but love from me. AF rains, 100s are good, and I get to kill multiple Velosareons in a run. All is right in the world lol.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Laverda View Post
    You take the ONE part that makes Abyssea not fun -- standing around twiddling your thumbs because your job can't proc the right color -- and put it in Killzone Dynamis?

At least you got the drop rates on currency right so there's the slightest chance of finishing the relic I started. Oh, wait...

I've never in the 6+ years I've been playing FFXI been this close to quitting. You have taken fun content and made it suck. Well done.
    It's to the point that they might as well just declare Shinryu taking over "real Vana'diel" and make the entire game into high-level Abyssea content.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    NMs have a pretty damn high drop rate for 100 pieces (near 100%, or 100%, not sure yet). It's not hard at all to make tons more currency than you would in olde Dynamis if you target the NMs.

You're welcome.
    If they do that, you know what will happen.

Hell, if I wasn't more careful on the Astral Flow, soloing the SMN NM Quadav in Bastok would've been a snap.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post

You're welcome.
    Killed 3 NMs myself with TH7, the Orc DRG, in Sandy Dropped nothing but a Pop Item.

2 Orc NMs in Beaucedine as well, a WHM and a WAR near the Bottom Tower, Dropped Nothing but pop items as well.

All with TH7, Not 100% drop rate, or near it
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Is this Jeopardy?

Do I have to phrase it in the form of a question??

In complaining, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. And, no, I do not think Square-Enix is doing anything more than lip service with these forums, FWIW.
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast