Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Any new HNM coming?

Since the rise level cap the traditional HNM(3 Kings, Sandworm Dark Ixion, Cerberus, Khimaira, Tiamat, ect.) Have pretty much lost their allure, now its not uncommon to see these monsters pop and just sit there unclaimed for minutes, hours, possibly days in some cases. The forced popped HNM in abyssea lose value in my opinion since anyone can just go kill them w/o competition. Camping and claiming is what kept alot of people hooked as it meant more to claim since the spawn timers were once a day/few days. Now all there is to do is stuff anyone can do, game seems less fun without anything worth competing over, i really hope to see a new batch of HNM for endgame Lv91-99 release. Ones that are rare, not like the current trend where anyone can do it. Any developers to share their thoughts, opinions, info.?
    (5)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    the only reason anyone camped those HNM's in the first place was because of the drops, if you actually liked sitting in one spot for 3 hours (or 72 for tiamat) then im sorry, you have other issues,

people that stayed in the game because of those aspects were there mainly to block other players from obtaining the gear, or get everyone in their ls all the gear from each mob (and because of absolutely horrendous drop rates i.e. d ring or ridill, people are still trying to get them)

force pop nm's are the way this game should have been since day one
    (3)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Is it really still competition when people bot? We enjoy the competition aspect of the game, but when people cheat their way to claims the system no longer works, and is no longer worth keeping around. It only serves to make botting hardcore LSs rich and I think the game has done enough for their ego over the past 9 years. There are severe problems with a MMO when players cannot progress fairly in the end game and must resort to paying cheaters for the items they want.

With that said, if for some reason SE feels they need to go the HNM route again, I want to see zone wide pops to make it impossible to bot.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    the only reason anyone camped those HNM's in the first place was because of the drops, if you actually liked sitting in one spot for 3 hours (or 72 for tiamat) then im sorry, you have other issues,

people that stayed in the game because of those aspects were there mainly to block other players from obtaining the gear, or get everyone in their ls all the gear from each mob (and because of absolutely horrendous drop rates i.e. d ring or ridill, people are still trying to get them)

force pop nm's are the way this game should have been since day one
    Well were all entitled to our opinion, heres my opinion: I play on PS2 only, i outclaimed bots plenty of times and i rarely got beat on SW/DI. bar kings you stand a better chance claiming legit then vs a bot, even then ive claimed more with PS2 then ppl botting did. I think forced pop NM are to easy to access and kill. All the FF games usually have several rare/hard to beat/great reward monsters, this 1 doesn't anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Maby a system like "Mob pops claimed to a random person in its aggro range thats above a certain lvl" that way it's impossible for anyone to bot and claims get distributed accordingly. Like say if they did this to Fafnir and made minimum lvl 70. you bring 6 ppl, theres a total of 12 in his aggro range above Lv70 = you have a 50% chance it pops claimed to you. I think this is a good idea, just tweak it a bit ect. OR if you bring 6 ppl but 2 are Lv69 or less with 12 total aggro range but only 10 are 70+ = your PT has a 40% chance to claim 4/10 eligible in range.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    Well were all entitled to our opinion, heres my opinion: I play on PS2 only, i outclaimed bots plenty of times and i rarely got beat on SW/DI. bar kings you stand a better chance claiming legit then vs a bot, even then ive claimed more with PS2 then ppl botting did. I think forced pop NM are to easy to access and kill. All the FF games usually have several rare/hard to beat/great reward monsters, this 1 doesn't anymore.
    lol, somehow i seriously doubt that

IF what you say is true, then why have bots in the first place, oh wait, i know, its cause you CANT outclaim bots on hnm's, true with the claim delay it made it easier and would happen from time to time, but um from "first hand experience", sorry but no, bots>ps2 claiming
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    Maby a system like "Mob pops claimed to a random person in its aggro range thats above a certain lvl" that way it's impossible for anyone to bot and claims get distributed accordingly.
    So you want content that forces you to bring massive amounts of mules and pretty much disregards linkshells without?

I agree with Vold, enough has been done for this style of play.
    (2)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    lol, somehow i seriously doubt that

IF what you say is true, then why have bots in the first place, oh wait, i know, its cause you CANT outclaim bots on hnm's, true with the claim delay it made it easier and would happen from time to time, but um from "first hand experience", sorry but no, bots>ps2 claiming
    believe it or not skill is required to claim, i personally had no trouble claiming SW/DI 3 vs 1 because im alert wide scanning with several powder boots ready to go AND i know how to solo hold claim till my LS gets there. With kings it was hard but i can assure you PS2 can beat bots, i tagged Nidhogg vs 20+ ppl and the competition were notorious botters, 5 days later i tagged Nid again. But as i suggested even if they were to add a small pop area HNM just make it popped claimed to a random person above X level so ppl cant bring a bunch of low lvl mules to get claim. That being said i do prefer the zone wide pops like SW/DI.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i dont believe it, and my 5-6 years of camping hnm's back me up, skill is not involved in claiming nidhogg, it takes

1. luck
    2. good connection
    3. no jp's (at least on bahamut it did for the longest time, im looking at you FI)
    4. bots
    (1)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well in my experience i guess im just lucky, even though i have also solo tagged NQ Behe vs a whole alliance simply because i knew "these guys are new, they are gonna spam to claim soon as it pops" so i just counted 3 seconds after i saw his red dot pop on my compass radar located above chat log then sure enough, i claimed. No luck involved that time. Id rather camp HNM then do the same stuff everyone else does, thats what made it special, not everyone would get it. HNM titles use to distinguish the real end game players from the average. Anyway im not gonna debate you over this, i just think Abyssea is to cater to casual players. The hardcore gamers need something to look forward to also. I just wanna hear from the developers on what could happen regarding the issue of HNM. /endrant :P
    (0)

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast