Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    the only reason anyone camped those HNM's in the first place was because of the drops, if you actually liked sitting in one spot for 3 hours (or 72 for tiamat) then im sorry, you have other issues,

people that stayed in the game because of those aspects were there mainly to block other players from obtaining the gear, or get everyone in their ls all the gear from each mob (and because of absolutely horrendous drop rates i.e. d ring or ridill, people are still trying to get them)

force pop nm's are the way this game should have been since day one
    I agree with what Sureal and Vold are saying here. My LS gave up on camping HNMs due to the fact that 3-4 linkshells would use bots to claim against everyone. As long as this game is going to have cheaters who use botting to gain the upperhand, I never want to see HNMs introduced with 24+ hour spawn times and 3 hour windows. I actually still really want forced pop on the current ones for people still working on their Black Belt (an lsmate has been stuck on adamantoise egg for a very long time now). :/

That being said, I absolutely LOVE the thrill of just fighting them. There's something just so cool about fighting a huge dragon! I would love for SE to release some new HNM-like monsters outside of abyssea just for the challenge and pure fun of it.
    (1)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Player
    Challenging HNM like Pandemonium Warden can be kinda cool. Just so long as they don't ever repeat the mistake of creating completely freely spawned HNM that require camping and claiming in some way.
    (0)

Player
    For the record it is not impossible for a PS2 user to claim over a bot. all a good bot does is detect the pop on server and stager the linkshells claim actions to cover as many times in pop window as possible. if Mr. PS2 hits it when claim shield drops he wins, if the bot hits it at the time shield drops bot wins.

Yes because of the more precise coverage and staggering of times bots have a huge advantage over the rest of the player base. However by no means is it impossible to do. IF the bot was a guaruntee they would just nab the pop through claim shield and that would be it. Since we can all see claim shield stopping the first couple casts from claiming we know that this is not the case.
    (0)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    the game should also have a high chance to drop all the best gear from wild rabbits and other misc starter zone mobs.

this way all the new players can ding into their defending rings and black belts, right?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    Well were all entitled to our opinion, heres my opinion: I play on PS2 only, i outclaimed bots plenty of times and i rarely got beat on SW/DI. bar kings you stand a better chance claiming legit then vs a bot, even then ive claimed more with PS2 then ppl botting did. I think forced pop NM are to easy to access and kill. All the FF games usually have several rare/hard to beat/great reward monsters, this 1 doesn't anymore.
    There is no opinion here, actually. This statement is worded to be taken as fact, not opinion. On that note, do not try to convince someone that you repeatedly outclaimed a bot program. We all know they exist, and we all know how effective they are. I myself have lost several HNMs to them over the years. They are programmed with algorithms that allow them to initiate a claim on the mob faster than human reflexes permit. Assuming a bot malfunctions or isn't setup properly you would have a standard chance at claiming a particular NM, but that is rare seeing as how people who buy bots normally don't allow for those mistakes. I hate bots, and so does SE, which is why they made them obsolete.

Second, you REALLY should stop trying to convince people that you have outclaimed bots several times, as this is a lie supported by two points:

1. Nearly the entire first paragraph of my reply.
    2. You assume you know when someone had used or will use a bot, thus giving yourself credit for outclaiming it. I'd love for you to tell me the name of the idiots that would have repeatedly told you they were botting and then being all "Whoa dude, we bot and you totally beat us to that!"

Stop losing credibility by fishing for something that sounds believable.
    (2)
    Last edited by Purraj; 03-09-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    exactly

while you MAY have beat 1 bot, hnmls's have never, i repeat, in bold no less, NO HNMLS HAS EVER CAMPED HNM'S WITH ONLY ONE BOT
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    HNMs camping needed to die in a fire a long time ago >_>
    I loved my End-game LS, but when HNMs were due to pop in our time zone we just stood there doing nothing for the duration of the windows, most of the time getting nothing out of it and skipping other events witch could have actually helped us gear ourselves while at least moving around doing things.
    How is camping fun? Claiming is fun?
    What about actually fighting the damn thing? Yea, sure! I enjoyed battling HNMs but standing there for hours doing nothing is just retarded.
    I heard people say "You can do something else while camping". Huh? Why would I want to do something else if I logged into the game in the first place?
    Old HNMs system was stupid and outdated and should never see the light of the day again. Make new HNMs popped or even quested and make them hard to kill. Old HNMs weren't that much of a challenge, let's face it. Especially since they started rising the level cap.
    I'm all for new giant stuff to kill, but everyone should have a chance at fighting them. Claiming wars have no place in this day and age of the game in my opinion.

Edit: Just to clarify.. yes, I really hated camping lol
    (2)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    lol well they still make you camp nms for the physical trials so i doubt they'll ever get rid of it. at this point its a part of history that behemoth and others pop when they do. cerberus is always up at least :P though i doubt anyone has ever camped stuff like YY Robe (just wait for maint :P). And sandworm is still good because the scorpion drops the White Talthum (1.5mil on my server). At least with a 99 cap when they make new HNM's they dont need long respawn timers, only to make them incredibly deadly. So claiming wont be the problem, surviving will ^^
    (0)

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    HNM titles use to distinguish the real end game players from the average.
    I'm not completely agree: HNM titles are to distinguish someone who CAN stay @ pc desk hours on hours waiting for a claim and maybe loose it because someone cheat, and for someone who put snooze in the middle of the night for wake up because Faf is in window... this is not "real" end game people... this is something for "don't forget your family, your school, your work" etc. ...

Pandemonium Warden or Absolute Virtue, are a way to demonstrate you are a real end game player anyway without the needs to lost your social life watching a monitor and spamming a macro like an idiot for hours...

^
    this
    and no need to drama, no need to cheat, no need to file.excel on forums with points, lot rights, presence, tier, or others things that are more like a work, and not a game...

my 2 cents.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Any new HNM coming?
    I sure hope not. HNMs and spending hours camping 30 minute windows such that all you could do was go afk for 29 minutes, be alert for 1, go afk another 29 minutes, it was just a huge waste of time. Anyone who thought that was fun seriously needs to re-examine what makes a game fun for them.

I did HNMs for a long time. I hated being in the middle of something or about to do something and then i see on LS "OMG TIAMAT POPPED EVERYONE HERE NOW!" only to rush over there and watch some LS spend 7 hours failing at killing it. I could have done something fun and productive for those 7 hours instead of hoping some other group would wipe.
    (0)

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast