Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I sure hope not. HNMs and spending hours camping 30 minute windows such that all you could do was go afk for 29 minutes, be alert for 1, go afk another 29 minutes, it was just a huge waste of time. Anyone who thought that was fun seriously needs to re-examine what makes a game fun for them.

I did HNMs for a long time. I hated being in the middle of something or about to do something and then i see on LS "OMG TIAMAT POPPED EVERYONE HERE NOW!" only to rush over there and watch some LS spend 7 hours failing at killing it. I could have done something fun and productive for those 7 hours instead of hoping some other group would wipe.
    so you've heard of Kazoku then lol
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    exactly

while you MAY have beat 1 bot, hnmls's have never, i repeat, in bold no less, NO HNMLS HAS EVER CAMPED HNM'S WITH ONLY ONE BOT
    Yep. >.> And on my server some linkshells "buddied up" together because they used the same bot. It was entertaining to see them say they were teaming up because they were "friends," but in the beginning they hated each others guts lol. But once they both started using the same bot they got together to outclaim everyone else's bot... :P

I dunno, it's just sad. I don't want to see FF11 ever go down that drama-filled road once more. e_e; But again, would love forced pop HNMs. Some new ones outside of abyssea would be awesome. ^_^
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Character
    Ragmar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There are two sides to this. The bot crowd and the non bot crowd. The question is simple SE ... where do you stand? Are you going to promote continued botting or are you going to create content which eliminates the most notorious aspect of this game?

When I started this game if you were found to be a botter you would be kicked from your LS, your future endevours were then so severly limited by your reputation that people often chose to start a new character on a new server. Inaction on the part of SE over the years made botting seem almost acceptable. Thankfully most of the cheaters went to FFXIV since their ability to bot claim force popped NMs wasnt as valuable anymore and all their "hard earned" gear became less epeenish. /Sadface. But if you bring back HNMs that are relavent and exploitable in the same manor then /farewell. I'm not going to waste years chasing gear that only those willing to cheat have real chances to obtain.
    (0)

Character
    Dethard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    A reason I would not like new HNM's like the old ones is the long re-spawn time. Everyone pays the same for the game and should have an opportunity to fight these mobs to obtain equipment or drops. Fair enough if they are difficult and you don't have the skill then you cant get the drops, but a HNM that pops once every 72 hours will only spawn approximately 122 times a year. I am not sure on server populations but say for example there are 5000 people on a server and everyone took a turn it would take over 40 years for everyone to have a chance at that HNM, effectively meaning majority of server have little or no chance of ever fighting the HNM let alone getting the drops.

These type of HNM's only serve to stoke the egos of elitists and promote cheating and drama, and I for one hope they do not implement any more of them. I would prefer to see more HNM's that required tactical fights with some difficulty that could be popped as required.
    (2)

Character
    Tonyymontana
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I might be the only one but i want some hnms back at 99.
    (0)
    Apocalypse
    Bravura
    Ukonvasara

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
    I might be the only one but i want some hnms back at 99.
    I agree. I would love to see HNMs back at 99.

Make them spawn in a random zone from a selected region in the original zones so they can't be botted.
    (0)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That guy is right, there are two sides to this: The people who wan't everything handed to them and the people who want to play a game that has an actual challenge. HNM made the game exciting, if you like doing things where theres no competition or difficulty to it go play a game like My little pony or w/e. People running around in full Perle aren't endgame. I busted my butt getting all my kings gear/D ring/$ from SW and DI drops. Now all i see is quitters crying not to make new HNM with long windows because they were bad at claiming, so many ppl quit this game because HNM died out giving the competitive ppl nothing left to do, i know 5 ppl off the top of my head who would be back if HNM came back. I liked camping cause having the drops not many ppl had meant something. With abyssea things like Twilight gear are more common so theirs no prestige to them or those titles. I want things to be hard, not the easy boring stuff that abyssea has brought.
    And i know ppl botted because enemy were on DS daily Purr
    (0)

Player
    Hnms are stupis 24 hour pop nms need to be done away with all together. It just promots more botting and less fairness the hole system was stupid from the get go in my oppinion.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That guy is right, there are two sides to this: The people who wan't everything handed to them and the people who want to play a game that has an actual challenge. HNM made the game exciting, if you like doing things where theres no competition or difficulty
    I'm sorry, but HNMs are not a challenge. Frustration and challenge are not the same thing, and there are challenges that aren't HNMs (and challenges that are big strong mobs, but you have control over when you fight them.

When you're in an HNM group, you always have to be prepared that at any moment, your plans for the day could be ruined because you're needed to help claim (not even help kill, really, just help claim) an HNM. So you go there. And you wait. And wait, and wait. That's what's really not fun, the waiting. You could be doing something more productive and/or fun with your time.

Plain and simple: 24hr and multi-day pops with half hour pop windows suck. Challenging NMs you pop when you want after collecting items needed to do so = much better.

People who don't like HNMs aren't asking for everything to be handed to them. They're simply looking for fun and challenge without the frustration aspect that HNMs have. We're playing a game. Games are supposed to be fun.
    (1)

It would be fun to see all the old HNMs at 100+ but the world spawn garbage has to go. Having a quest chain or something in order to get the trigger in each starter city would be awesome. Showing off how great you are to other LS is as simple as leader boards not bots.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast