Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

New toys to play with.

The mage frame got 2 specialized heads a long time ago... maybe it's time for some more fun heads to spice things up a bit. I didn't go into much detail on the number of elemental slots for each head, or exact HP/MP type figures, on purpose. It's the general idea of new heads that change how the (mainly) melee and ranged automatons act in battle that I wanted to get across.

* Wild Blade
    Based on Valoredge head.
    Focuses the automaton on offensive abilities. Increases activation rate of "additional effects" that are added by attachments (volt gun, hammermill, etc). The stats on this head greatly increase the attack of the automaton. Gives a medium boost to HP and small boost to MP.
    - On the Harlequin Frame, increases melee attack speed and adds kick attacks.
    - On the Valoredge Frame, allows it to double attack.
    - On the Sharpshot Frame, allows "rapid shot" to trigger occasionally, and randomly use drain bolts.
    - On the Stormwaker Frame, allows it to cast en-spells on the master.

* Astral Eye
    Based on the Sharpshot head.
    Changes the automaton's normal attacks into magic related versions, drawing power from the Astral Plane. The Mana Channeler, Mana Converter, Economizer, Loudspeaker, Ice Maker, Mana Jammer, Stealth Screen, Auto-repair kit, Mana Tank, and Mana Conserver all slightly increase in effectiveness or activate more frequently. The stats on this head greatly add to magic attack power. Gives a medium boost to both MP and magical defense.
    - On the Harlequin Frame, Melee attacks are always under the effect of "Formless strikes".
    - On the Valoredge Frame, Greatly increases magical defense. Melee attacks cause additional MP damage.
    - On the Sharpshot Frame, Ranged attacks never miss, but they are now elemental magic damage (resistable) (perhaps use maneuvers to determine the element)
    - On the Stormwaker Frame, Magical accuracy and attack are increased.

* Clockwork Sentinel
    Based on Harlequin head.
    Its AI prioritizes defensive abilities, reducing the cooldown (shortens recast) on automaton abilities like Shock Absorber, Replicator, Shield Bash, Reactive Shield, Strobe, etc. The stats on this head greatly increase the defense of the automaton. Gives a medium boost to HP and MP.
    - To all frames: Adds the ability to "Cover" its master, when the master moves behind it.
    - On the Harlequin Frame, allows it to counterattack.
    - On the Valoredge Frame, allows it to block attacks with its shield. Can cast Paladin spells.
    - On the Sharpshot Frame, allows it to use Shadowbind (bind), Shadowcuffs (amnesia) and Shadowmuzzle (silence)
    - On the Stormwaker Frame, allows new spells: Bind, Gravity, Stun, Blaze/Shock/Ice Spikes.
    (3)

Character
    Hakrev
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think you're on the right track with automaton specialization. We got them for mage class, it just makes sense that it should happen for other frames as well. Whether or not these specific changes make the cut idk, but it is the direction that many pups want to go in. Fact of the matter is we want new frames and I think after so many years (it's been like 4 years or something, I can't even remember it's been so long) it's time for some new attachments...Just as SE gives new avatars to summons and beastmasters new jugs rather regularly, we should see some new automatons. Our versatility is our number 1 most important trait and we need some new avenues to explore >.>
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i really like the idea of new head.
    a new tank head with cure ability for valoredge.
    a new ranged head for sharpshot.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I totally agree with the OP and Hakrev. Our best trait is how awesome we can do almost anything, so some new attachments to help with the things we lack--such as tanking with the automaton--would be great! I also really like the direction you're going in for the new heads. I especially like Clockword Sentinel, because of the new tanking capabilities.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramenuzumaki; 03-09-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Character
    Harnao
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I've always thought a NIN frame would be nice. Dual blade attacks, some minor magic hits, maybe shadows, and, of course, the best would be when you 2 hour, the automaton would Mijin Gakure before the 2 hour timer wore off.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    dual axe war frame , with spikes.
    (0)

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I second the NIN frame idea, however instead of shadows have it have a built in replicator, or have it enhance the replicator effect. IE: Have a chance of eating wind maneuvers even at High HP instead of low HP, with Utsusemi shadows instead of blink. the Dual weapon idea on it is also very nice. As for the WAR frame: Valouredge you can have this :P we really dont need a war frame haha
    (0)

Character
    Miyazakii
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I always wondered why Puppetmasters never received a new Automaton frame while in the Abyssea realm. I find it hard to believe that a world in a completely other existence failed to create a unique automaton frame. Granted with Abyssea the Puppetmaster gear was geared more for the Master over Automaton enhancements. I just feel that with Abyssea there is some justification for a new frame .
    (0)

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    more towards teh master? haha i think 4 out of five pieces greatly impact the automaton, and the set bonus for the +2 revolves around the automaton's hp :P
    (0)

10. 03-14-2011 05:12 AM

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Way-old-bump... still want this!
    (0)