Thread: Armor

Player

Armor

i was just wondering why is it when i equip and gear why it still takes a slot in my bag. I am wearing it therfor it should not take up room in my bag. I have always wonder why this is. This is a huge problem for low level players since they have very limited bag space.
    (0)

Agreed! Other games do it, no reason they can't here. They'll probably just say "it's not our top priority atm"
    (0)

Player
    Just my first thoughts on this but it probably has to do with the rate at which we gear swap and how the functionality would work putting gear back into inventory when you have thus filled it with other items. You would essentially be putting 16 items into an 80/80 inventory before you pull the new 16 out. While doable in some games it probably isn't in the base functionality of this game.
    (1)

Removing armor from your inventory and allocating a separate data block for it every time you change gear would drastically increase system load compared to simply selecting armor from your inventory. The PS2 is already hitting its RAM limit at 160 items in a menu at a time. It would not be possible to add a third data block in RAM to hold your currently equipped gear. Not to mention the speed at which this data transfer must move is incompatible with how most people play FFXI. Instead of being able to swap to WS gear, WS, and swap back in a second, each piece of gear being moved between Data blocks would have the same latency as items being moved to/from your Mog Safe. Situational gear swapping would be impossible.
    (0)