Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

An ability I've wanted for a while...

I've been thinking of how to expand on the already versatile arsenal of Puppetmaster abilities in ways that keep the automaton the center of attention, but rely on the Puppetmaster as well. While the automatons have minds of their own, I feel they should cooperate with their masters a bit more often, not just relying on AI and maneuvers to nudge them in a certain direction all the time. This lead me to the idea for this ability, drawing on past FF games for inspiration as well.

Job Ability: Transmit
    Level: 30 (usable when subjob)
    Duration: Instant
    Recast: 1min
    Use the animator to transmit a command to the automaton to perform a specific action.

* Transmit would be a new "Menu" category similar to how Dancer's abilities are grouped together.
    * These abilities only appear in the Transmit menu if the related attachments are equipped on the automaton.
    * All abilities in this menu share the same recast. (it's a long list, but only 1 usable per minute)
    * The Puppetmaster's throwing skill could be taken into consideration when determining the potency of these abilities, used to show the Pup's skill with using the animator to transmit commands. This would give a reason for Puppetmaster having such a high rating in thrown weapons, and being stuck with an un-throwable item in that slot at all times. (Please allow throwing skill increases when using transmit and maneuvers)
    * The "Transmit" command would activate abilities that are tied to attachments. These abilities can be triggered regardless of the automaton AI's current cooldown time. For example, normally, the Automaton would wait several minutes between using Stoneskin on its own, but if the "Transmit - shock absorber" skill is used to trigger the Shock Absorber, this happens without interrupting the AI timer system.

Attachments and their related "Transmit" abilities:
    Shock Absorber: Stoneskin
    Strobe: Provoke
    Flash bulb: Flash
    Eraser: Esuna (still consumes maneuvers)
    Replicator: Blink (still consumes maneuvers)
    Reactive Shield: Blaze Spikes

It would also add new abilities based on current attachments:
    (these "transmit" abilities do not replace the normal attachment effects)
    Volt Gun: Ranged thunder based attack with chance to stun
    Hammermill: Shield Bash with chance to inflict slow
    Dynamo: One guaranteed critical hit with chance to lower enemy critical hit evasion
    Auto-repair Kit: Heals Automaton 15% of maxHP
    Auto-repair Kit II: Heals Automaton 25% of maxHP
    Mana Tank: Restores 10% of maxMP
    Mana Tank II: Restores 20% of maxMP
    Smoke Screen: Blinds enemy
    Scanner: Report to the party showing the element the target is weakest to.
    Stealth Screen: Enmity reduction equivalent to High Jump
    Scope: Increase accuracy of ranged attacks.
    Pattern Reader: Increase evasion for a short time.
    Target Marker: Lower enemy evasion.
    Mana Jammer: Party AoE "occasionally nullifies magic damage" (Occasionally = 10%)
    Mana Jammer 2: Party AoE "occasionally nullifies magic damage" (Occasionally = 20%)

NEW Rare/Exclusive Attachments that add new Transmit abilities (taken from past FF games, especially Edgar's "tool" attacks from FF6) could be implemented, such as:
    Chainsaw: (Valor Edge frame only) A strong physical attack (adds defense down)
    Auto-crossbow: (Sharpshot frame only) Fan-AoE Ranged attack, Multi-hit (at least 3 shots).
    Debilitator: (Stormwaker frame only) Inflict monster with an elemental weakness.(Tells the party which weakness)
    Noise Blaster: (Harlequin frame only) Scare enemy (terror)
    Bio Blaster: AoE darkness damage + Bio
    Drill: Strong physical attack (Ignores defense)

This is by no means a complete list of the potential "Transmit" abilities, as I did not think of an active ability for every single attachment. Also, new attachments can be created specifically for this command in the future.

I hope other Puppetmasters see the value of this ability and how it fits into the theme of the job. I'm sure I'd have fun with it!
    (1)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    will be really fun and usefull. but too much things to do for a single ability. one can dream, yes, but i prefer to keep the feet on the ground.

what we need now is to ask the developer to fix the urgent issue (ai fix), keep the various frame specialized more and more (valoradge tank ability) and give us some new toy to play with (new frame and attachment).
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I figured other people would post the whole AI issue (and they have). And I figured I'd post my other ideas for the frames and such in another post, later... Just testing the waters.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i didnt want to say your idea is bad or all...
    is just that finally the developer are working on pup and most of the user base is accepting the fact that pup is usefull as any other job

new ja or any other crazy idea would be cool...after all the important things are done first

i really love a dual automaton like someone always ask..but...really...lol
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think this is a really great idea
    it also gives use for those attachments that are just... well... there? i know i have a bunch of attachments that I just dont use, because they arent practical. However, this would taken those impractical attachments, and make them useful. I do think another kewl idea would be to add new bodies.

WHM Body to add protect etc
    BLM Body to add something? haha

just thoughts :3
    really love the idea though! nice thorough job!
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramenuzumaki; 03-09-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Character
    Vangoh
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    You know what? I sort of think the puppet does a good job using JAs, except for maybe Shield Bash. So I'm not sure how the Transmit ability would benefit us other than controlling the exact time the puppet will act.

BUT One ability I've thought about for a LOOOOONG time is one that copies all the puppet's buffs to the master and/or vise versa, kind of what the relic 2 body does for drg I think it's the body. But say your puppet has all these buffs on, even Repair's regen which is really strong then BAM! You got all those buffs on you.

I know we don't buff our puppet a whole lot but wouldn't it be nice to have all of our puppet's buffs available and our buffs to the puppets? If you would combine this ability to the idea of AyinDygra about adding abilities to the current attachments then this would be a good and useful ability. Of course there would have to be modifications to it so it's not too over powered.
    (0)

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The Empyrean body gives food effects to the dragon if that's what you're refurring to. As for shield bash I've never had a problem with it. He uses it almost every chance he gets with the Hammer Mill effect. However, a move that works much like Tactical Switch, Role Reversal, Ventriloquy would be probably feasible. Have it in the same manner as those, but work with buffs. However, a stop would have to be done to prevent giving your automaton OP buffs, so maybe make buffs that cannot be canceled by the player untransferable. IE: Cruor buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    here's an idea. scholar has 5 stratagems total at 90. now about about this...the ability has a set of "charges" that recharge one every minuet. from level 30 you get 1 charge. when you get to level 50 you get two charges, when you get to level 70 you get three charges, when you get to level 90 you get four charges...hows that for an idea on how to work this job ability in? hehe
    (0)

I really like this
    (0)

Character
    Vangoh
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    who's ability you're referring too? and they could sure use an ability with charges i actually liked that method.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast