Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Grats Zagen, you get to use certain weapons (and good job pointing out weapons that were BEFORE SE told you to you're face that you are a BUFFING and ENFEEBLING Class in the manifesto, but hey, I guess some people just can't shake their denial that they have been playing the class wrong, thinking it was right). Also if you can point out to me where RDM got a single DD JA or when RDM actually recieved Fencer, I might even consider you're opinion as well.... more then what it is, opinion.

And yes as far as I'm concerned, there is nothing anymore that a RDM can do that a BLU can't in terms of solo ability. Check out a BLU solo'n Proto Omega and tell me differ. The ONLY thing you're class has up on us is a faster cast that can get buffs up a lot quicker then we can, and sure thats great, yet what RDMs probably haven't considered out of their selfish solo-dd-sword-masterbation is that maybe, just maybe.... that was intended for you to buff the party QUICKER then to buff you're self.... Just saying.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Grats Zagen, you get to use certain weapons (and good job pointing out weapons that were BEFORE SE told you to you're face that you are a BUFFING and ENFEEBLING Class in the manifesto, but hey, I guess some people just can't shake their denial that they have been playing the class wrong, thinking it was right). Also if you can point out to me where RDM got a single DD JA or when RDM actually recieved Fencer, I might even consider you're opinion as well.... more then what it is, opinion.
    First don't assume, I never said I agreed with SE on RDM being a DD job even back in 2003. I was just pointing out the errors in your post because they were quite bad.

Secondly Composure was SE's attempt to bring RDM back to the front with the +15 ACC bonus. There's your 1 DD related JA, not that I'm saying it was enough just that it was a legitimate attempt on SE's part to bring back their vision. How about how Enspell 2 spells all cap at what a Dual Wielding RDM's Enspell would cap at, allowing a RDM/NIN to not only get the damage from enspell but get the boost of a DNC in the party (unless they nerfed offhand samba proc, don't play RDM DD or with a DNC often so dunno if this has changed). Do you mean the manifesto which talks about jobs in the light that the community gave them and not what was necessarily originally intended by SE's design team?
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    I'm pretty sure the reason people use Composure is not for the +15 ACC.

The Jobs Manifesto wasn't written by the Community Team. I'm not even sure how you came up with that idea, other than perhaps that it was posted by a Community Team member. If you honestly think that it came from the Community Team and not the Dev Team, I don't know what to say to you.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason people use Composure is not for the +15 ACC.
    How we use what gets implemented doesn't mean it was designed that way. If it was designed to keep RDM in the back it wouldn't have had any ACC bonus on it at all.

Look at NIN as a tank, SE fought long and hard to insist we were doing it wrong before giving in and going with NIN tank.

The Jobs Manifesto wasn't written by the Community Team. I'm not even sure how you came up with that idea, other than perhaps that it was posted by a Community Team member. If you honestly think that it came from the Community Team and not the Dev Team, I don't know what to say to you.
    Community as in the player base... SE has realized what they intended for how jobs would be played is not what happened, and not what the player base has done with the jobs. They(likely the new dev team) have begun to acknowledge this over the past few years and have begun to cater to how we play jobs instead of the original vision of the job.
    (0)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    war has defender but you dont see anyone using it on War main. you can always play any job in any way. even whm can do decent dmg melee.
    (0)

Player
    That has less to do with the JA itself and more to do with defense being mostly useless in XI. If defense was useful defender would be situationally useful as well. and as Zagen said, there's no other reason for it to have +15 acc on it other than to encourage meleeing. It isn't a big reason nor is it a worthwhile one, but that doesn't stop it from being there.

I pop defender every so often on visions/scars mobs I need red proc on that die too fast otherwise.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Mage gear like this: http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Cirque_Attire_%2B2_Set
    and this: http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Usukane_Haramaki_Set

Right?

I'm pretty sure the folks over in the RDM melee thread would splooge on themselves for access to that sort of gear.
    Aside from salvage, any af, and cruor gear, our choices are mage armors don't believe me look into it sometime, don't just pick 2 of the 3 exceptions and expect your point to be valid. Hell you seen Anhur Robe yet? Noticed what job is listed on it despite having no use whatsoever for any of its enhancements? Thank god they at least gave us Mextli as well.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Community as in the player base... SE has realized what they intended for how jobs would be played is not what happened, and not what the player base has done with the jobs. They(likely the new dev team) have begun to acknowledge this over the past few years and have begun to cater to how we play jobs instead of the original vision of the job.
    On a second read of your previous comment, it's sufficiently clear what you meant. I must've read it in haste, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    Aside from salvage, any af, and cruor gear, our choices are mage armors don't believe me look into it sometime, don't just pick 2 of the 3 exceptions and expect your point to be valid. Hell you seen Anhur Robe yet? Noticed what job is listed on it despite having no use whatsoever for any of its enhancements? Thank god they at least gave us Mextli as well.
    So, except for all the good DD gear that PUP gets, it doesn't get good DD gear? Circular logic ftw.

So you're on some mage gear. So what? Get over it. Your automaton is pretty damned versatile, and some of the stats from the mage gear are actually useful.

Anhur Robe has INT, which, last I checked, was useful for PUP.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    On a second read of your previous comment, it's sufficiently clear what you meant. I must've read it in haste, sorry.

So, except for all the good DD gear that PUP gets, it doesn't get good DD gear? Circular logic ftw.

So you're on some mage gear. So what? Get over it. Your automaton is pretty damned versatile, and some of the stats from the mage gear are actually useful.

Anhur Robe has INT, which, last I checked, was useful for PUP.
    OK imma ask you to level PUP first before you speak on this matter again. Seriously your knowledge of PUP is so misguided I decalre it is impossible to explain it to you. Of course you'll probably just abyssea it to 90 and never once try to buy gear for it til cirque and claim the same results.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    OK imma ask you to level PUP first before you speak on this matter again. Seriously your knowledge of PUP is so misguided I decalre it is impossible to explain it to you. Of course you'll probably just abyssea it to 90 and never once try to buy gear for it til cirque and claim the same results.
    That's what I'm doing with my PUP (Abyssea Leeching that is) >.> lvl 20 and looks like James Bond in the Tux but then again I know outside of Salvage and Some AF/Relic armor PUP lacks good DD gear even after SE acknowledged PUP players want to DD alongside the puppet.

Also LOL at the concept of 5-10 armor sets from lvl 1-90 equate to a good amount of "good DD gear"

Edit: I'm most interested in how skilling up will work out speed wise on PUP with 3 skills to work on, but that sounds fun to me
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast